• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

UOB Took Away My Money By Force!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>Coffeeshop Chit Chat - I feel like ending my life today</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt_89 <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>Sep-7 8:41 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 21) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>38537.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>At the end of my rope and feel like ending it today

PostDateIcon.png
September 7th, 2010 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Contributions

Dear TR,
Today I feel like ending it.
I was jobless since I was let go by my previous company last November. I was surviving on the last of my savings and when that ran out, I had to apply for a temporary loan on my credit card.
I have a lot of financial burdens as my mother was diagnosed with cancer and it was a painful 2 year period of expensive treatments and surgeries till she passed away in 2008. But my problems did not end there as my father too was retrenched and my younger brother was still studying in university. The bills and debts kept mounting up.
But finally I had some ray of light in mid August when I was finally hired. I got a half month’s salary just last week and a lot of it was already earmarked to pay off some outstanding bills and loans.
I made a call to UOB, my current biggest creditor. As my credit cards were discontinued when I had no choice but to default on my payments, I asked to speak to someone in the credit card division with regards to arranging for a payment plan on Monday.
The credit officer who spoke to me said that she would look into arranging for a repayment scheme, but asked if I could make a lump sum payment first. I said that amount was not possible and asked for another arrangement. She said that she would get back to me.
Today when I went to the ATM to draw on my funds to begin paying off the bills, to my shock my entire bank account was emptied, leaving less than $50.00 behind. I rushed home to discover what happened, only to find that UOB had deducted everything on its own accord.
Right now it is only month beginning and I am already broke, with no funds and no resources to even travel to work. How am I supposed to survive and work to pay off my debts if the bank can do this to me?
I have no where to turn.

Nic LY

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

silliporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
Immediately without further delay, go open another account from another bank like POSBANK, get your company to pay your salaries to that new account instead of UOB, that is unless off course if you are a UOB employee than you are fucking screwed...

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only this motherfucker called makapaa will think that UOB is in the wrong.

Coffeeshop Chit Chat - I feel like ending my life today

<tbody>
</tbody>
To: ALL <nobr></nobr> (1 of 21)

<tbody>
</tbody>
At the end of my rope and feel like ending it today

PostDateIcon.png
September 7th, 2010 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Contributions

Dear TR,
Today I feel like ending it.
I was jobless since I was let go by my previous company last November. I was surviving on the last of my savings and when that ran out, I had to apply for a temporary loan on my credit card.
I have a lot of financial burdens as my mother was diagnosed with cancer and it was a painful 2 year period of expensive treatments and surgeries till she passed away in 2008. But my problems did not end there as my father too was retrenched and my younger brother was still studying in university. The bills and debts kept mounting up.
But finally I had some ray of light in mid August when I was finally hired. I got a half month’s salary just last week and a lot of it was already earmarked to pay off some outstanding bills and loans.
I made a call to UOB, my current biggest creditor. As my credit cards were discontinued when I had no choice but to default on my payments, I asked to speak to someone in the credit card division with regards to arranging for a payment plan on Monday.
The credit officer who spoke to me said that she would look into arranging for a repayment scheme, but asked if I could make a lump sum payment first. I said that amount was not possible and asked for another arrangement. She said that she would get back to me.
Today when I went to the ATM to draw on my funds to begin paying off the bills, to my shock my entire bank account was emptied, leaving less than $50.00 behind. I rushed home to discover what happened, only to find that UOB had deducted everything on its own accord.
Right now it is only month beginning and I am already broke, with no funds and no resources to even travel to work. How am I supposed to survive and work to pay off my debts if the bank can do this to me?
I have no where to turn.

Nic LY

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

ThePlen

Alfrescian
Loyal
utter rubbish. ask anyone who has been in debt before and they will tell u that UOB is one of the rare banks that is more understanding. some banks even apply for ganishment order. TR should really get their facts right before posting such articles.

Last edited:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
utter rubbish. ask anyone who has been in debt before and they will tell u that UOB is one of the rare banks that is more understanding. some banks even apply for ganishment order. TR should really get their facts right before posting such articles.

I have credit cards from a few banks and UOB gives me the impression that it is the most careful in granting me credit. The other 3 foreign bank gave me a credit that is 20-30% higher than UOB. Have never defaulted before so I can't comment on this issue. But few months ago, did read somewhere that the bank who chased you very eagerly when you default is SCB.

ThePlen

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have credit cards from a few banks and UOB gives me the impression that it is the most careful in granting me credit. The other 3 foreign bank gave me a credit that is 20-30% higher than UOB. Have never defaulted before so I can't comment on this issue. But few months ago, did read somewhere that the bank who chased you very eagerly when you default is SCB.

when asked nicely, SCB is willing to reduce interest.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've got a bad impression of Sporean banks. Maybe it was because I had a mortgage with one of them :biggrin:

I think Maybank is more customer friendly. That's a impression I got from having a credit card with them for 10+ years.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
We know it is false simply from the fact that it came from TR :smile:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The bank is just doing what it needs to recover their money, it's a business not a charity.
TS should blame himself for not anticipating this and closing his UOB bank account. If you want to delay or default on the credit card monies than please be more savvy.

That said I had a bad experience with SCB, I was staying overseas at one time and had a seldom used credit card with them. The credit card was free initially but they started to charge me annual fees after a few years probably due to low usage. After I was billed for the annual fees, the account was deemed defaulted after 3 months as I did not pay up due to fact I was not aware of it in the first place. Then without any attempts to contact me by mail or phonecall, my existing FD account with them was prematurely cancelled and the sum of 100 odd dollars for the CC annual fees were deducted, all without my permission. That's SCB for you.

Last edited:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
The bank is just doing what it needs to recover their money, it's a business not a charity.
any attempts to contact me by mail or phonecall, my existing FD account with them was prematurely cancelled and the sum of 100 odd dollars for the CC annual fees were deducted, all without my permission. That's SCB for you.

It's better than they blackmark you at the credit bureau. :biggrin:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my past experience tells me that do not apply for credit card, use debit card and spend within your means.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
just the other day, a pinoy from scb called me to apply for credit card, keep on sir here and there, then i told her that i use cash only, she was dumb founded and apparently, she understood what i mean. wahaha...

Used to be that credit card was one of the 5Cs and status symbols....nowadays cash is king.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The One at Fault is the stupid farker Nic LY, who got itchy hands having so many credit cards... Can't blame UOB..

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I've got a bad impression of Sporean banks. Maybe it was because I had a mortgage with one of them :biggrin:

I think Maybank is more customer friendly. That's a impression I got from having a credit card with them for 10+ years.

Customer friendly my foot!! Maybank's loans department customer service sucks big times. Their rates are very low though!!

Last edited: