• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Unsupporting Goh Meng Seng - The LOST Confidence ( Former NSP Secretary General )

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
For someone who claims to care about the future of sinkapore, he has a funny way of showing it. In everyway, he is shooting down the WP and indicating that he would have the PAP in power than to cede it to the WP.

Holy Goh wants to think he is a patriot. He isn't. He is traitor, no different from the PAP entitled class.

It a hangover from his MK GRC 'humiliation' which he find it hard to get over. I think politicians should just bury all grudges and work towards common interests than to live in the past.

But here lies the problem. Non-WP opposition find there is more common interests to oppose WP than PAP. PAP only ensure everyone stays on the sideline but the rise of WP will squeeze everyone out of politics.

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Uh wat is MK grc?

It a hangover from his MK GRC 'humiliation' which he find it hard to get over. I think politicians should just bury all grudges and work towards common interests than to live in the past.

But here lies the problem. Non-WP opposition find there is more common interests to oppose WP than PAP. PAP only ensure everyone stays on the sideline but the rise of WP will squeeze everyone out of politics.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yea mate, everyone has a right to their opinion, but a valid opinion should be back by facts.

Let forummers judge if this statement "chiam make more noise than the whole (WP) put together" is a "fact", a word you proudly associate with. Aye?

And meanwhile tell me which sentence of mine wasn't backed by facts.

why dont u read my previous post again and then tell me a significant deed that they have done for the people of sinkieland so far?

After WP won Hougang in 1991, Low set up the Hougang Edutrust bursary which benefitted a number of families. Pavements were laid from certain blocks to MRT station by the TC after LTA refused to do so. Carpark signs and block lightboxes were put up to help people find their way better, and other (PAP) wards started to follow.

Policy-wise, PAP took ideas recommended by WP (and other parties) on Medisheld and using Edusave for Madrasahs. Low spoke up against hospital registration for emergency cases and Khaw who was MOH minister then scrapped it. Recently, Chen Show Mao spoke about CHAS limitations and the scheme was made available to more citizens. Because of WP, PAP had to follow the momentum in certain areas, shows the benefits of competition.

WP did more than PAP in 1954 when it was only making noise in the legislative assembly. You can try asking what WP did for transport, housing, might as well the reserves, anything you can think of big scale. See if it bites, as people know WP is not the government.

Last edited:

k0s0ng

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP did more than PAP in 1954 when it was only making noise in the legislative assembly. You can try asking what WP did for transport, housing, might as well the reserves, anything you can think of big scale. See if it bites, as people know WP is not the government.

Fuck LHL!

That is disingenuous.
1-in 1954 PAP was just formed. Is WP just formed?
2-PAP founded by unionists & LKY as union/student's lawyer since 1951. This alone debunks "only making noise".

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh thanks for the info...i thought he had the axe to grind when he left WP?

MOULMEIN-KALLANG GRC. NSP 'ceded' the GRC to WP and GMS was still feeling sore about it. If you notice his axe to grind with WP only started after GE11.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh thanks for the info...i thought he had the axe to grind when he left WP?

On the contrary, there isn't any indication to support such theory.

1. GMS didn't bad mouth about WP before GE11. In fact GMS claimed he still respect his mentor LTK.

2. WP pulled out of TP GRC for the fact that LTK didn't want to sabotage GMS since the latter sold his house to raise fund for election deposit. ( a bad mistake on WP to let personal factors override tactical considerations). If there is bad blood between them, why would LTK extend such a kind gesture ? (in which GMS never show any gratitude)

On the hindsight since GMS admitted during post GE11 that NSP had overstretched themselves, by logical reasoning he should be glad that WP had done NSP a big favor by contesting in MK GRC thereby freeing up more resources for NSP. My opinion is it got everything to do with the manner in which WP wrestled MK GRC from NSP that GMS found it hard to shallow (he described as arrogant and uncompromising). Plus in his view WP didn't send their strongest team as promise to him.

Last edited:

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1. GMS didn't bad mouth about WP before GE11. In fact GMS claimed he still respect his mentor LTK.

Maybe he did, just not strongly as now. You see, GMS axe is a gradually growing one. It started from 2007 when he resigned from WP. It is fishy that someone would resign for bringing "bad name" to WP in forums, then continue to post until today. I believe he was stopped by WP from posting, a claim made by a few others who similarly resigned. The grudge started from there. I can claim to respect Sylvia and still say WP sucks, no contradiction. "Respect" can mean many things.

2. If there is bad blood between them, why would LTK extend such a kind gesture ?

You are talking about the other way round. LTK being kind to GMS may not apply vice versa. Even if today GMS goes to LTK to beg for Sengkang West in 2016, LTK may still give way.

On the hindsight since GMS admitted during post GE11 that NSP had overstretched themselves, by logical reasoning he should be glad that WP had done NSP a big favor by contesting in MK GRC thereby freeing up more resources for NSP.

No. The original NSP MK team went to CCK GRC.

Plus in his view WP didn't send their strongest team as promise to him.

I don't recall that WP made that promise. Knowing WP, they will never claim (not in public) that any team (including Aljunied) is "strong".

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In hindsight, would it not be better if NSP took MK and WP took Tampines? And also if soo much was at stake that GMS sold house etc, he should have put in more effort into winning Tampines,,but he did fuck all,,,look at Marine Parade, Nicole had the limelight and basically PAP manage to potray it a Nicole Seah Party cos NSP could not potray themselves as a team, did not see GMS there as well,,and NSP gave up MK so what? They did not have the capabilites to fight for it anyway...

For Tampines, the common complaint was there was no sight and no sound from NSP,,not many rallies too. And shorty mah gone into hiding and yet GMS also gone into hiding,,so of course in terms of branding,,,PAP win lah,,,WP should not have conceeded on anything because NSP was doing a fuck up job in the 1st place,,,

For the WP not sending the best team to MK,,,I dont see why GMS has an issue with that,,,considering he fuck up 2011,,,

On the contrary, there isn't any indication to support such theory.

2. WP pulled out of TP GRC for the fact that LTK didn't want to sabotage GMS since the latter sold his house to raise fund for election deposit. ( a bad mistake on WP to let personal factors override tactical considerations). If there is bad blood between them, why would LTK extend such a kind gesture ? (in which GMS never show any gratitude)

On the hindsight since GMS admitted during post GE11 that NSP had overstretched themselves, by logical reasoning he should be glad that WP had done NSP a big favor by contesting in MK GRC thereby freeing up more resources for NSP. My opinion is it got everything to do with the manner in which WP wrestled MK GRC from NSP that GMS found it hard to shallow (he described as arrogant and uncompromising). Plus in his view WP didn't send their strongest team as promise to him.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
In hindsight, would it not be better if NSP took MK and WP took Tampines? And also if soo much was at stake that GMS sold house etc, he should have put in more effort into winning Tampines,,but he did fuck all,,,look at Marine Parade, Nicole had the limelight and basically PAP manage to potray it a Nicole Seah Party cos NSP could not potray themselves as a team, did not see GMS there as well,,and NSP gave up MK so what? They did not have the capabilites to fight for it anyway...

For Tampines, the common complaint was there was no sight and no sound from NSP,,not many rallies too. And shorty mah gone into hiding and yet GMS also gone into hiding,,so of course in terms of branding,,,PAP win lah,,,WP should not have conceeded on anything because NSP was doing a fuck up job in the 1st place,,,

For the WP not sending the best team to MK,,,I dont see why GMS has an issue with that,,,considering he fuck up 2011,,,

I think NSP should give up both. They don't have the branding and resources to compete effectively and yet want to deny other the chance.

IMO GMS committed a tactical blunder in announcing that he is selling his house to raise fund for his teammates. If u are a neutral voter, would u want to vote for a bunch of candidates who don't even have the ability to pay for election deposit? If they can't even look after their own life, why should one believes they can manage your estate? How many votes went to PAP because GMS announce he is selling his flat to raise fund for the rest? And I am sure there is a spillover effect to the whole party.

Huat-Ah

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think NSP should give up both. They don't have the branding and resources to compete effectively and yet want to deny other the chance.

IMO GMS committed a tactical blunder in announcing that he is selling his house to raise fund for his teammates. If u are a neutral voter, would u want to vote for a bunch of candidates who don't even have the ability to pay for election deposit? If they can't even look after their own life, why should one believes they can manage your estate? How many votes went to PAP because GMS announce he is selling his flat to raise fund for the rest? And I am sure there is a spillover effect to the whole party.

I'm neutral with this. Because currently opposition party is not as strong as PAP.

Of course it is NOT possible for all opposition to unite together.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One point about the Erection Deposit,,the oppos are always complaining it is set too high etc,,but after the Nicole Seah case about her trying to raise funds to cover the election and of course the group of independents who raise $ at the last minute to contest Tanjong Pagar i think singkies in general are one track mind. One thing GMS brought up is under the law,,its perfectly legal to raise funds through the public to contest in elections,,,nothing wrong in that,..but singkies like to see it as their personal $$ etc,,,Like if before erection the group of unknowns who with Uncle Yap launch an internet to raise funds to contest,,any political party can do it,,its just would you donate to GMS?? Or Fatty Desmond? etc?

So I think if the political party is legitimate and its ideas and people are accepted by the public, its no problem to raise funds,,hell I even donate to SDP...but the Oppos should concentrate more on legitimate fund raising and find loop holes in the rules against the pappies...not be like a GMS,,got a big ogre at the front door known as the PAP dont want to do anything about it,,but concentrate on the ant in the back yard,,not a smart way of allocating resources,,,no wonder he fuck up in 2011..

one other thing,,he sell his flat to raise funds,,nothing wrong,,,but how come he never work during the erection? Tampines residents were saying,,no sight and no sound of NSP,,,and I recall GMS cancelled the rallies and concentrated on a big one on the eve of polling day,,abit too late right? campaigning should start way before the erection..
With so much at stake,,that asshole still cho bo lan,,he fuck up he not only spoil his chances,,he fuck up everyone elses also,,,and prolongs pap tyranny,,,what an asshole,,no wonder he deserves the name GOT MORE SHIT....

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe he did, just not strongly as now. You see, GMS axe is a gradually growing one. It started from 2007 when he resigned from WP. It is fishy that someone would resign for bringing "bad name" to WP in forums, then continue to post until today. I believe he was stopped by WP from posting, a claim made by a few others who similarly resigned. The grudge started from there. I can claim to respect Sylvia and still say WP sucks, no contradiction. "Respect" can mean many things.

WP did the right thing to stop him from posting because personal views of politicians overlap into their official capacity(in this case as WP member). ’ People may construed that personal views are formed from their knowing something on a particular ‘capacity’. That is why you don't find politicians actively engaging people in a manner GMS did. But I think it something GMS can afford to live with. The issue that he can't get over is MK GRC when he walk away with a bruised ego that hasn't recovered till these days.

You are talking about the other way round. LTK being kind to GMS may not apply vice versa. Even if today GMS goes to LTK to beg for Sengkang West in 2016, LTK may still give way.

WP won't instill confidence in the voters if they can give way so easily on such ludicrous ground. Because if you are aspiring to be the gov one day, then you could jolly well give way on issues concerning national interests.

No. The original NSP MK team went to CCK GRC.
They contested in CCK the previous times under Steve Chia. Even if they contested in MK GRC, they will still field a team in CCK.

I don't recall that WP made that promise. Knowing WP, they will never claim (not in public) that any team (including Aljunied) is "strong".

According to GMS NSP gave up MK GRC on the promise that WP field their A'team. I think Sylvia Lim merely assured they will send a strong team and there wasn't any mention that they will send their strongest team.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The issue that he can't get over is MK GRC when he walk away with a bruised ego that hasn't recovered till these days.

Did WP dash his hope twice caused the bitterness? He was in the Aljunied team in 2006 but his dream of entering parliament went in smoke when he resigned. Later ones have taken his place and eaten his fruits. That is why he keeps whacking CSM and Pritam.

The next boat was NSP Tampines, then he learnt that WP also wanted Tampines. WP gave way in 2011, meaning he had only one chance, but he failed. He thinks there is no way he can return to Tampines without clashing with WP in 2016, possibly losing his deposit, hence the bitterness. MK may be just an excuse. The context is the same but involves other people in the same boat, so harping on MK won't make him look like he was arguing out of self interest.

Actually, if he was smart, there is a ship that he can return to Tampines undisturbed. That ship is the SPP. Everyone knows WP will not give face to anyone, but their only weakness is the Chiams, the "zhang lao" of the opposition. Not only WP but NSP and SDP also will give face to them.

They contested in CCK the previous times under Steve Chia. Even if they contested in MK GRC, they will still field a team in CCK.

Steve Chia had no intention of contesting any GRC. Without his interest, CCK GRC was not a priority until the NSP MK team shifted there to avoid WP.

According to GMS NSP gave up MK GRC on the promise that WP field their A'team. I think Sylvia Lim merely assured they will send a strong team and there wasn't any mention that they will send their strongest team.

It was just GMS being his disingenuous self. Everyone recognizes that the strongest team was the Aljunied team. By asking the Aljunied team to contest MK and putting a weaker team in Aljunied, GMS is effectively telling WP that if they want MK, they have to sacrifice the chance of winning Aljunied or any GRC at all. Have you seen such a vindictive person?

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks for the explination about Mr Got More Shit,,,and his failure to get elected is his failure, he has no one to blame but himself,,with his antics and so on all he is doing is perpetuating the tyranny of the PAP. Tampines was winnable and shorty mah was in hiding,,,,that fucker no sight no sound and never put any effort in the campaign,,,he expect to win??

Did WP dash his hope twice caused the bitterness? He was in the Aljunied team in 2006 but his dream of entering parliament went in smoke when he resigned. Later ones have taken his place and eaten his fruits. That is why he keeps whacking CSM and Pritam.

The next boat was NSP Tampines, then he learnt that WP also wanted Tampines. WP gave way in 2011, meaning he had only one chance, but he failed. He thinks there is no way he can return to Tampines without clashing with WP in 2016, possibly losing his deposit, hence the bitterness. MK may be just an excuse. The context is the same but involves other people in the same boat, so harping on MK won't make him look like he was arguing out of self interest.

Actually, if he was smart, there is a ship that he can return to Tampines undisturbed. That ship is the SPP. Everyone knows WP will not give face to anyone, but their only weakness is the Chiams, the "zhang lao" of the opposition. Not only WP but NSP and SDP also will give face to them.

Steve Chia had no intention of contesting any GRC. Without his interest, CCK GRC was not a priority until the NSP MK team shifted there to avoid WP.

It was just GMS being his disingenuous self. Everyone recognizes that the strongest team was the Aljunied team. By asking the Aljunied team to contest MK and putting a weaker team in Aljunied, GMS is effectively telling WP that if they want MK, they have to sacrifice the chance of winning Aljunied or any GRC at all. Have you seen such a vindictive person?