• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Unfair Treatment to Old Employees

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not true lah.One old fart in Singapore was paid >$3M per year for talking cock. ha!ha!ha! like that also can,uniquely singapore!

Last edited:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the older one is, the harder it is for one to change. but Sam's story is a warning to all of us to be flexible and amenable to changes when we grow older.

oso ... ze older u get, ze more u shld juz follow n do wat ur boss tel u ... if u want 2 stay @ ze coy ... :biggrin:

Ridler

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya agree. Nowadays, the new economy got no mercy for older workers.

If you dun follow the pace, then you are out. Must keep on upgrading. :(

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Ya agree. Nowadays, the new economy got no mercy for older workers.

If you dun follow the pace, then you are out. Must keep on upgrading. :(

Keep on upgrading????:rolleyes: Upgrade to what? Can a 50 year old suddenly become a mySQL database expert? I think not.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
JUst because i will be old one day, thus i cannot say whatever i like? What is wrong with my statement?

Some organization feels old employees are too costly and productive are low. With the same amount, they could employ a degree holder that could out-perform the old employee and product sound results.

In foreign country like UK, Swiss and some others, these old employees are treasure. They are solid experience and knowledge that could mentor the junior.

I am referring to the above. If these 1st world countries can treasure older work in a humane way, that means the older worker's character are of some standard. IN Sg, i wonder if the older workers behave well to receive such respect.

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Originally Posted by tonychat View Post
Gos, i think there must be something wrong with the old pple

You will be old one day...so be nice

Maybe i should explain to clear misunderstanding. The "something wrong" i dun meant it in a chinese way as being crazy but in an English way as "what is wrong."

Now i dun use anything that is very Chinese subconsciously. So maybe i should rephrase it as: There must be something going wrong with the old people.

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've met many people of the older generation who are horrible human beings who behave just like LKY but have no ability to back up their arrogance. That's what causes companies to drop them like rocks.

I am referring to the above. If these 1st world countries can treasure older work in a humane way, that means the older worker's character are of some standard. IN Sg, i wonder if the older workers behave well to receive such respect.

SammyHulk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unfair treatments or not, life still goes on for these older people. At the end of the day, they still need work for the dough to survive/ pass time till they hand over their ic.

I often wonder do i want to join in their ranks and subect to these so call unfair treatments when i get older myself or can i decide now what can i do to prevent or minmise it?