• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Unemployed bro: PAP's CDC is one big Bullshit!

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here's an unemployed fella's experience with CDC on Tan Kin Lian's blog:

http://tankinlian.blogspot.com/2010/03/unemployment-in-singapore.htmlhttp://tankinlian.blogspot.com/2010/03/unemployment-in-singapore.html

Anonymous said:
That's why I refused to attend those WDA and SPUR training programmes. When I was retrenched in mid-2008, I went to CDC for advise and help, and all they could do was ask me to go for this course that course etc. Some of my unemployed friends attended and they regretted for wasting their time and precious money. Why? Because it is not effective where it counts -- just getting a decent $2K/month job.

I attended the marketing talks for some of those "re-skilling" and "upgrading" courses, and I can say that it is mostly bullshit. The trainers are just tapping on WDA and the recession for a ready pool of customers, and taking 90% of their revenue from taxpayer monies.

After lobo-ing for 6 months and talking to coffeeshop kakis, I spend $65 to pass the 2 modules of certification for security guard on my own. And with some lobang, got night-shift duty where I can still sleep 5-6 hours after locking down the place. Pretty ok for $1.4K/mth, 6 days a week duty.

Thank goodness I am debt-free, my 2 kids have just graduated and working, otherwise things would be very different like some of my friends.

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have bad experience with CDC too. Until sibeh dulan, went to see mp and make complaint. And it's still the same. The lady at CDC telephoned me to tell me that they have no suitable jobs for me, asked me to look for myself as well. :mad:

There was once when I wrote an email to her asking for reply, she did not even bother. She told me she very busy, have 300 over applicants. What lame excuse is that?
Another time, she told me got job offer, then when I emailed her enquiring about job description, she also never reply.

gbomega

Alfrescian
Loyal
My friend was in the same situation. Go for this interview that interview, go for this course that course and in the end only recommend NTUC job @ $900 per month less than half of what he get, totally unrelated in his line of work in advertising agencies and under employed.

Under employment will be one big issue brewing. Instead of replying on existing talented workforce, the Elites imported them in droves.

CCBcsj

Alfrescian
Loyal
My friend was in the same situation. Go for this interview that interview, go for this course that course and in the end only recommend NTUC job @ $900 per month less than half of what he get, totally unrelated in his line of work in advertising agencies and under employed.

He has lost his value. His days of rent-generating in advertising agency (i.e. jiak liao bee) is over. Ask him to get on with it and stop whining. And maybe in the meantime study or get training on what advertising actually means and maybe he'll get back his advertising job (maybe even double his original salary).

He should go read "Who took my cheese". Short enough, simple enough to understand.

Last edited:

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heard some CDC career consultants got 3 to 6 mths bonus ???
They should closed down the CDCs,waste of taxpayers' money to feed CHO-BO-LAN CDC Career Consultants.They not sincere in helping jobless singaporeans.They are giving false hopes to jobless singaporeans.All hypocritical animals.Kick out the MIW to help more jobless singaporeans.MIW burn in HELL!

CCBcsj

Alfrescian
Loyal
They should closed down the CDCs,waste of taxpayers' money to feed CHO-BO-LAN CDC Career Consultants.They not sincere in helping jobless singaporeans.They are giving false hopes to jobless singaporeans.All hypocritical animals.Kick out the MIW to help more jobless singaporeans.MIW burn in HELL!

They are there to help those who genuinely need and seek help and who are willing to help themselves. Not the "I used to earn $5k with only O levels and want you to find me a similar paying job" loafers.

gbomega

Alfrescian
Loyal
He has lost his value. His days of rent-generating in advertising agency (i.e. jiak liao bee) is over. Ask him to get on with it and stop whining. And maybe in the meantime study or get training on what advertising actually means and maybe he'll get back his advertising job (maybe even double his original salary).

He should go read "Who took my cheese". Short enough, simple enough to understand.

Adertising agencies are highly competitive, no time for jiak liao bee and over budget planners like YOG. These will get the sack immediately.

With FT bachelor degree with 4 years experience asking for only less than $2,000 how can the local guy compete?

Last edited:

khunking

Alfrescian
Loyal
The characters highlighted in red are taboo. There will be bloodshed and mayhem on the streets in 2011.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Here's an unemployed fella's experience with CDC on Tan Kin Lian's blog:

http://tankinlian.blogspot.com/2010/03/unemployment-in-singapore.htmlhttp://tankinlian.blogspot.com/2010/03/unemployment-in-singapore.html

Anonymous said:
That's why I refused to attend those WDA and SPUR training programmes. When I was retrenched in mid-2008, I went to CDC for advise and help, and all they could do was ask me to go for this course that course etc. Some of my unemployed friends attended and they regretted for wasting their time and precious money. Why? Because it is not effective where it counts -- just getting a decent $2K/month job.

I attended the marketing talks for some of those "re-skilling" and "upgrading" courses, and I can say that it is mostly bullshit. The trainers are just tapping on WDA and the recession for a ready pool of customers, and taking 90% of their revenue from taxpayer monies.

After lobo-ing for 6 months and talking to coffeeshop kakis, I spend $65 to pass the 2 modules of certification for security guard on my own. And with some lobang, got night-shift duty where I can still sleep 5-6 hours after locking down the place. Pretty ok for $1.4K/mth, 6 days a week duty.

Thank goodness I am debt-free, my 2 kids have just graduated and working, otherwise things would be very different like some of my friends.

CDC only caters for the no qualification market. They are doing great job for these people, except the re-course thing is a real opportunist conjob. For the unempolyed with qualifications, never seek help from CDC unless you are willing to get a job no more than 1.5k.

I find CDAC is more jialat than CDC !

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CDC only caters for the no qualification market. They are doing great job for these people, except the re-course thing is a real opportunist conjob. For the unempolyed with qualifications, never seek help from CDC unless you are willing to get a job no more than 1.5k.

I find CDAC is more jialat than CDC !

What the fxxk you babbling ...??

As long as the policy of FTs being randomly brought into and continuing to do so, Singaporeans of average and lower status will suffer !!!

Jobs will be lost, wages will be depressed for the middle class and downtrodden ....:mad:

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you need to seek help from PAP, you are half screwed already.

It means you have no resources, contacts or marketable skills.
How do you expect PAP to treat people they consider as a "Burden to society?"

They like FT because they are willing to work with cheaper wage, at least for a start. I know some FT are starting to realize that this low wage long hours shit is not what they want after they get PR or citizenship.

It's a very dynamic situation with mind set constantly changing for PAP, True blue citizen, PR, New citizen and FT. It's just one big mess.

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you need to seek help from PAP, you are half screwed already.

It means you have no resources, contacts or marketable skills.
How do you expect PAP to treat people they consider as a "Burden to society?"

They like FT because they are willing to work with cheaper wage, at least for a start. I know some FT are starting to realize that this low wage long hours shit is not what they want after they get PR or citizenship.

It's a very dynamic situation with mind set constantly changing for PAP, True blue citizen, PR, New citizen and FT. It's just one big mess.

Pray tell .... who created this mess .....:o

CCBcsj

Alfrescian
Loyal
What the fxxk you babbling ...??

As long as the policy of FTs being randomly brought into and continuing to do so, Singaporeans of average and lower status will suffer !!!

Jobs will be lost, wages will be depressed for the middle class and downtrodden ....:mad:

WTF are YOU babbling?

Every society has got losers. Only in Singapore do these losers blame the government for their inability to get a rent-generating job. If PAP made a mistake, it was in allowing these jokers to get a free ride for the first 5/10/15/20/25 years in the first place.