• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Under the PAP regime..our women's everest team reach the peak on Wednesday. Congrats!

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many opposition party like to see Singapore fail...yet you prove them wrong again! Well done Singapore team!

THE Singapore Women's Everest team which conquered the world's tallest mountain early on Wednesday has shown that Singaporeans can succeed against all odds if they set their minds on it, said Minister for Community Development, Youth and Sports Vivan Balakrishnan.
When told of the news, Dr Balakrishnan said: 'This is another historic achievement for Singapore. I am very proud of what our Singapore Women's Everest team has accomplished. It takes courage, determination and excellent leadership and teamwork to scale the world's highest peak.

'They have once again demonstrated what our people can do against all odds when we set our minds to it. This is the spirit of Singapore. I hope it will inspire many more Singaporeans to go forth and pursue their passions and achieve their goals'.

Three of the six-women expedition - Ms Lee Li Hui, 27, Ms Esther Tan, 26, and Ms Jane Lee, 25 - reached the peak of the 8,950 metre Everest at 3.45am, 3.54am and 4.43am on Wednesday Nepal time respectively, making them the first Singaporean women to conquer Everest.

The second team is on its way and plans to summit on Friday.

The women began their ascent on May 8.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Under the PAP regime..our women's everest team reach the peak on Wednesday. Congr

they have proven without reasonable doubt that what bragger-adventurer-khoo did was nothing great..:biggrin:

any half-past six person with the correct logistical support would be able to climb mount everest, as long as u have enough time and $..

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Under the PAP regime..our women's everest team reach the peak on Wednesday. Congr

the girls proved that the sg girls got nothing better to do in such times of recession, and they also proved that girls r fit enough to serve NS too!

kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I fail to see how the girls climbing mount everst have anything to do with the ruling party

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal

I fail to see how the girls climbing mount everst have anything to do with the ruling party
thread starter disillusion himself to think that all the success & achievements of individuals are credited towards ruling party, while all negative ventures r credited to opposition.

maybe thread starter is high on marijuana

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I dun blame him. Most of the pple in here does the opposite. Success is always credited to the individual or pure luck even when the ruling party deserves it and the opposition can do no wrong. I would like to see pple who actually talk more sense around here but crediting the ruling party for something that doesnt have anything to do with them is just ridiculous. Unless of coz someone can show me proof that LKY personally trained them to climb mountains

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal

I dun blame him. Most of the pple in here does the opposite. Success is always credited to the individual or pure luck even when the ruling party deserves it and the opposition can do no wrong. I would like to see pple who actually talk more sense around here but crediting the ruling party for something that doesnt have anything to do with them is just ridiculous. Unless of coz someone can show me proof that LKY personally trained them to climb mountains
it's almost a sure bet that the thread starter would be a volunteer mourner at his wake.

tima81

Alfrescian
Loyal

Where did they got their funds from? Is it from tax payers?

PAPsupporter

Alfrescian
Loyal

This is a great news for our great Singapore. We all are proud of the Singapore Everest team. Our great PAP government has done a great job and sure will award the team of doing us all proud. Well done. :smile:

lodoftherings

Alfrescian
Loyal

This is some thing done by women from so many countries repeatedly for many years ... what's the big deal??

Many opposition party like to see Singapore fail...yet you prove them wrong again! Well done Singapore team!

THE Singapore Women's Everest team which conquered the world's tallest mountain early on Wednesday has shown that Singaporeans can succeed against all odds if they set their minds on it, said Minister for Community Development, Youth and Sports Vivan Balakrishnan.
When told of the news, Dr Balakrishnan said: 'This is another historic achievement for Singapore. I am very proud of what our Singapore Women's Everest team has accomplished. It takes courage, determination and excellent leadership and teamwork to scale the world's highest peak.

'They have once again demonstrated what our people can do against all odds when we set our minds to it. This is the spirit of Singapore. I hope it will inspire many more Singaporeans to go forth and pursue their passions and achieve their goals'.

Three of the six-women expedition - Ms Lee Li Hui, 27, Ms Esther Tan, 26, and Ms Jane Lee, 25 - reached the peak of the 8,950 metre Everest at 3.45am, 3.54am and 4.43am on Wednesday Nepal time respectively, making them the first Singaporean women to conquer Everest.

The second team is on its way and plans to summit on Friday.

The women began their ascent on May 8.