• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Under 30 policymakers!!!

cityhope

Alfrescian
Loyal
WTF!!! I saw it Straits Times that the Job Credit Scheme policymakers are under 30, except the director. While I strongly believe that these young people are very smart, very high chance they are super scholars, I doubt they have the experience and ground knowledge to handle such matters. I know that the government want to inject young blood and look for the next generation of leaders and this bunch will go very very high up the food chain. If the team is a mix of young and old, it will be good, but all under 30????

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WTF!!! I saw it Straits Times that the Job Credit Scheme policymakers are under 30, except the director. While I strongly believe that these young people are very smart, very high chance they are super scholars, I doubt they have the experience and ground knowledge to handle such matters. I know that the government want to inject young blood and look for the next generation of leaders and this bunch will go very very high up the food chain. If the team is a mix of young and old, it will be good, but all under 30????

While age and experience does comes into play when implementing policy, the job credits scheme does goes about mitigating the current downtown, while it remains to be seen how the downturn will play out. They might need to do more.

High Command

Alfrescian
Loyal
While age and experience does comes into play when implementing policy, the job credits scheme does goes about mitigating the current downtown, while it remains to be seen how the downturn will play out. They might need to do more.

True. But a better focus would be on job creation locally. We got alot of good things going but somehow we are not capitalising on them.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hmm, if you are fresh out from school & NS, what do they know about work life? They haven't gone through the job cycle of working, layoffs, employment, etc. If they are scholars its worse as they only have the experience of an "elite" .

Maybe thats the problem with Spore, too many bureaucrates in charge missing the human touch :rolleyes:

Zeitgeist

Alfrescian
Loyal

Opening more doors on the quiet to the under 30s to facilitate the entry of a future prime minister? Have the people get used to the idea of young but supposedly highly capable (at least in the regime's opinion) scholars? A family is in a hurry! Very little time left!

Last edited:

DIVISION1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Youth is not an obstacle to ability! The young are blessed with strength and vitality! Let this drive not be wasted on the youth by backward looking policies!

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmm, if you are fresh out from school & NS, what do they know about work life? They haven't gone through the job cycle of working, layoffs, employment, etc. If they are scholars its worse as they only have the experience of an "elite" .

Maybe thats the problem with Spore, too many bureaucrates in charge missing the human touch :rolleyes:

That'll explain why the employers are seeing the money, not the employees. As for these scholars, why should they worry.. they have an iron rice bowl.:oIo:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That'll explain why the employers are seeing the money, not the employees. As for these scholars, why should they worry.. they have an iron rice bowl.:oIo:

Especially if the under 30 is related to the great one :rolleyes:

Looks like another generation is being groomed to take over :mad:

DrPanacea

Alfrescian
Loyal
Youth is not an obstacle to ability! The young are blessed with strength and vitality! Let this drive not be wasted on the youth by backward looking policies!

I am not against young talents. But wisdom often comes age. I recalled the days when Goh Keng Swee the then DPM and also Minister for Education brought a team of very young system engineers to revamp the education system. Just look at what we inherited!

A fresh scholar son of a friend had been asked to look into how to improve tourists numbers to Sentosa. Without any experience he was of course at a total loss! And no he didn't propose the IR.

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Especially if the under 30 is related to the great one :rolleyes:

Looks like another generation is being groomed to take over :mad:

I understand that for new faces for the next election, over 40s need not apply.

This governmnt has reached the epitome of social engineering. :mad:

iamelite

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya boy .. it's scary to think that our talent base is so "deep" that the top dogs for a nation's budget are 20 yrs old.

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dun think they will understand the lesser mortals pains of losing a job.
Thousands of jobs & families fates are dependent on these few youngsters policies decision making.

:confused: :rolleyes: :confused:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I understand that for new faces for the next election, over 40s need not apply.

This governmnt has reached the epitome of social engineering. :mad:

While its true these people need not apply, there will be alot new faces out there who are related to the "right" people.

Spore will eventually go bankrupt supporting the old & new elites.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WTF!!! . While I strongly believe that these young people are very smart, very high chance they are super scholars, I doubt they have the experience and ground knowledge to handle such matters. I know that the government want to inject young blood and look for the next generation of leaders and this bunch will go very very high up the food chain. If the team is a mix of young and old, it will be good, but all under 30????

Please see highlighted in RED, I don't quite buy your statement. Smart people has to be tested in the street and not by the book.

cityhope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Getting young blood is one thing, but they dont have life experiences. I highly suspect that this bunch have not tasted shit before and will not taste it. It will make them lose touch and be very arrogant, as we are seeing from statements made by our “leaders”. I fear for the future.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I fear for the future.

If there is any left given the current messy state and half-hearted solutions in budget 2009. The new bloods are just supplments for our leadership deficiency. I can't wait for the coming election and in eargness to see changes in our political landscape. I senses corruption within Pap Inc and this has to be stopped before it gets worse.