• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

UK doctor who told Muslim woman to remove her veil gets nine-month suspension

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/black-country/doctor-who-told-married-muslim-25361476

A doctor who asked a Muslim woman to remove her veil three times has been suspended. Dr Keith Wolverson has been banned from working for nine months after a misconduct panel found his actions were ‘deplorable’.

The medic, who has been a doctor for more than 25 years, committed a string of acts which amounted to misconduct while working in Staffordshire and Derby. It included asking the married woman to remove her face covering, while the doctor went on to criticise the English speaking skills of 15 of his patients….

It comes after Dr Wolverson, 56, was found guilty of or admitted to a total of 17 charges of misconduct during a hearing held by the Medical Practitioner Tribunal Service (MPTS), StokeonTrentLive reports. The doctor said: “I’m going to appeal against this. I feel very sad for the public, because it would mean a further shortage for the NHS when it is extremely stressed.

“It’s all very sad because I don’t think this is what the public want – let the public decide. What would they rather have, a doctor with 26 years of experience to see them, or a doctor removed from the medical register for nine months? It’s not about me trying to belittle an ethnic group, or be prejudicial against anyone of any cultural background, it’s all about clarity of communication.

“I think this is something people are frightened to talk about now, and I think this is a big problem, and we don’t talk about these things and they get misconstrued.” At a hearing earlier this year, Dr Wolverson – who qualified as a medical professional in 1996 – was found guilty of or admitted to a combined 17 of a total 28 charges of misconduct.

Some of the charges – all of which date from January to May, 2018 – related to his work at the Royal Stoke, both as a locum, or temporary doctor, and at Derby Urgent Care Centre. One incident saw him repeat a request to a Muslim woman, named as Mrs Q, to take off her veil three times during a consultation on May 13, 2018….

“I don’t ask people to remove their veils anymore. But, I sometimes find it really difficult to consult with people or hold a conversation with them when part of their face is covered….