• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

U Say Which Bank Is Ze Worldz Strongest Bank? ...

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wel ...

tis 1 ...

mzl.fcihihyr.1024x1024-65.jpg

according 2 bloomberg markets magazine ...

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
ah ok...i must say i'm surprised. I thought some of the ang mo banks would get the top spot because most of these ratings are done by ang mo

company. They very clever to jaga their own kind.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore’s Oversea-Chinese Banking Corp. retained the title of the world’s strongest bank for the second year, followed by BOC Hong Kong Holdings Ltd. (2388) Two other Singaporean lenders -- United Overseas Bank Ltd. (UOB) (No. 7) and DBS Group Holdings Ltd. (DBS) (No. 8) -- were also among the strongest. “Singapore’s economy has performed quite stably and quite well, and for the Singaporean banks, we have real economic activities to finance,” Oversea-Chinese Banking CEO Samuel Tsien says. He credits the bank’s strength partly to its risk management practices.

No other country dominated the list as did Canada: The nation of 34.7 million people has only eight publicly traded banks, two of which are regional lenders. Only three U.S. banks -- JPMorgan Chase (JPM) (No. 13), PNC Financial Services Group Inc. (PNC) (No. 17) and BB&T Corp. (BBT) (No. 20) -- made the top 20. Four European banks were included: two from Sweden and one each from the U.K. and Switzerland.

1. Oversea-Chinese Banking Corp OCBC (Singapore)
2. BOC Hong Kong Holdings Ltd. (Hong Kong)
3. Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce CIBC (Canada)
4. Toronto-Dominion Bank TD (Canada)
5. National Bank of Canada (Canada)
6. Royal Bank of Canada (Canada)
7. United Overseas Bank Ltd. (Singapore)
8. DBS Group Holdings Ltd. (Singapore)
9. Hang Seng Bank
10. Svenska Handelsbanken (Sweden)
... ... ...

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
how about those Swiss banks and those catered for high flyers who want to keep their dirty money hush hush? I am pretty sure they are much stronger. i suspect they are not named because Bloomberg could not access their financial data - since not listed.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
they should have another = most popular bank perceived by customers. I am sure DBS is ranked amongst the cellar dwellers.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From my experience abroad, I agree that Canadian banks are rock solid, especially compared to neighboring US banks prone to pulling risking stunts. Toronto Dominion helped Waterhouse to rank among top stockbrokers in US, Europe and even Singapore (DBS Vickers). My first experience was with Royal Trust, classic service and reliability, later merged with Royal Bank of Canada. Amex gold card, multi-currency checking etc. Their cheques in any currency could clear anywhere around the world without extra charge as long as it's home country currency, i.e. I could write an RBC cheque in USD to clear through US bank or GBP cheque to clear through UK bank.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From my experience abroad, I agree that Canadian banks are rock solid, especially compared to neighboring US banks prone to pulling risking stunts. Toronto Dominion helped Waterhouse to rank among top stockbrokers in US, Europe and even Singapore (DBS Vickers). My first experience was with Royal Trust, classic service and reliability, later merged with Royal Bank of Canada. Amex gold card, multi-currency checking etc. Their cheques in any currency could clear anywhere around the world without extra charge as long as it's home country currency, i.e. I could write an RBC cheque in USD to clear through US bank or GBP cheque to clear through UK bank.

I've had accounts with 3 Canadian banks :CIBC, Royal Bank & Toronto Dominion. If you are living in Toronto it's best to bank with TD because they have many branches there. The Canadian banking system in Canada is different from the US. In the US you have many, many smaller banks(unitary system). While in Canada there are only 5 big banks.

In Spore I had a housing loan with OCBC. It was no fun dealing with them. They were always increasing the interest rate:eek: Don't know if this is typical of all Spore banks?

pretender

Alfrescian
Loyal
ah thanks ...not that i have much $$$$ anyway, but at least what i have appears to be safe.

you sure that you are safe ? you trust this kind of report ?

dbAss is listed 8. years ago dbAss had to makan the humble PoSb quietly.
after the makan then announced to the world about it.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
cannot 100% trust for sure lor but at least got a bit of confidence.

you sure that you are safe ? you trust this kind of report ?

dbAss is listed 8. years ago dbAss had to makan the humble PoSb quietly.
after the makan then announced to the world about it.