• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Two US fighters are captured by Russian soldiers in battle for Kharkiv amid fears they will be handed death sentences!

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal

First two US fighters are captured by Russian soldiers in battle for Kharkiv amid fears they will be handed death sentences like two British soldiers caught by Putin's army​

• Robert Drueke, 39, and Andy Huynh, 27, were captured while fighting for the Ukrainian army last week
  • The pair were part of a ten-men squad which encountered Russian forces in Kharkiv
  • They disabled a Russian tank but then were lost in the fog of return fire then disappeared, comrades say
  • Now, there are fears they may be given the same death sentences as Brits Shaun Pinner and Aiden Aslin
  • They were captured in April and were last week sentenced to death by firing squad
  • The Biden administration has not yet commented on the capture of the two American servicemen captured
Two American fighters have been taken as prisoners of war in Ukraine, the first since the conflict began in March.

Robert Drueke and Andy Huynh were taken prisoner by Russian forces last week on the outskirts of Kharkiv, according to sources cited by The Daily Telegraph on Tuesday.

Drueke, 39, and Huynh, 27, are both from Alabama. One of their comrades described losing sight of the pair in a battle last week.

Drueke served in the US Army in Iraq whereas Huynh, a former Marine, has never been in active combat before.

'We were out on a mission and the whole thing went absolutely crazy, with bad intel. We were told the town was clear when it turned out the Russians were already assaulting it.

'They came down the road with two T72 tanks and multiple BMP3s (armored fighting vehicles) and about 100 infantry. The only thing that was there was our ten man squad,' said one of their comrades.

Robert Drueke and Andy Huynh were taken prisoner by Russian forces last week on the outskirts of Kharkiv , according to sources cited by The Daily Telegraph on Tuesday.

Robert Drueke and Andy Huynh were taken prisoner by Russian forces last week on the outskirts of Kharkiv , according to sources cited by The Daily Telegraph on Tuesday.

• Robert Drueke and Andy Huynh were taken prisoner by Russian forces last week on the outskirts of Kharkiv , according to sources cited by The Daily Telegraph on Tuesday.
The pair are among Western volunteers who rushed to the region to aid Ukrainian forces.

The unnamed comrade said the pair disabled a Russian tank with a grenade but were lost in the fog of return fire.

By the time it cleared, they were gone.

'We suspect that they were knocked unconscious by either the anti-tank mine, or by the tank shooting at them, because later search missions found not sign of them, nothing.

'Afterwards we sent drones up and had a Ukrainian search team on the ground but we found nothing: if they had been hit by the tank shell there would have been remains of their bodies or equipment at the scene,' he said.

Drueke served in Iraq for the US Army. He is shown in his regalia

• Drueke served in Iraq for the US Army. He is shown in his regalia
The State Department and the Pentagon have not yet commented on the claims. The US, along with other Western forces, has refused to send troops to the region.

Drueke, 39, is from Tuscaloosa, Alabama. He served in Iraq but had struggled to find work or reintegrate into society after returning from war, his mother told the Telegraph.

'The US embassy have assured me that they are doing everything they can to find him and that they are searching for him alive, not dead.

'I am doing my best not to fall apart, I am going to stay strong. 'I am very hopeful that they will keep him to exchange for Russian PoWs,' she said.

Before he flew to the region, Huynh told a local newspaper about why he wanted to volunteer.

'I know it wasn't my problem but there was that gut feeling that I felt I had to do something. Two weeks after the war began, it kept eating me up inside and it just felt wrong. I was losing sleep... All I could think about was the situation in Ukraine,' he said.

He served in the Marines for four years, including on a base in Okinawa, Japan, for two years, but he has never been in active combat before.

It comes after two Brits were taken prisoner by Putin's army. Shaun Pinner and Aiden Aslin have been handed death sentences by a proxy court in eastern Ukraine. They were captured in April.

Now, the pair have been sentenced to death by firing squad. British officials say they are doing everything they can to get the pair out of Russian custody before they are slaughtered.

Source:https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...nteers-captured-Russian-soldiers-Ukraine.html

mudhatter

Alfrescian
Loyal
:roflmao:

send in a few division of volunteers

I wish Putin can fire a few kalibr missiles at any western PM or president the next time they visit ukraine

serves them right for all their evil

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you are a mercenary, you are not a soldier of an established army. Therefore the Geneva Convention does not apply to you. :sneaky:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
British PM said British troops must be ready to fight in Europe once again. British media said there are several thousand British volunteers fighting in Ukraine now.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
British PM said British troops must be ready to fight in Europe once again. British media said there are several thousand British volunteers fighting in Ukraine now.
When more foreign mercenaries are caught, the situation will change dramatically.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
If you are a mercenary, you are not a soldier of an established army. Therefore the Geneva Convention does not apply to you. :sneaky:
That buibui ABV lost that cocky look in that picture by the way. That American looked even worse than the ABV, totally scrawny and dishevelled.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sounds like the thousands who were encouraged by PAP's promotion of Biomedical hub in SG to commit their life savings into expensive education in this field and then fail to get a job in SG. Happening again now with IT, big data etc. Politicians who throw their words around recklessly to create headlines while fools take things literally and get burned. A sad fate awaits those thousands of PoWs. :cool:

plzhelpme

Alfrescian
Loyal
That buibui ABV lost that cocky look in that picture by the way. That American looked even worse than the ABV, totally scrawny and dishevelled.

knn

looked scrawny and dishevelled == looked like SHIT
because they never drink LKB tonic soup

knn