• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tuskegee - Lionel Richie new cd - recommend

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As previously reported, Madonna's "MDNA" and Lionel Richie's "Tuskegee" are on track to debut at Nos. 1 and 2, respectively, on next week's Billboard 200 chart. Meanwhile, rock band Shinedown is also on track for a top 10 debut with its latest studio set "Amaryllis" while Katy Perry's "Teenage Dream" will likely zip back to the top 10.

Industry sources suggest that Madonna's 12th studio album will sell over 300,000 copies by the end of the tracking week on Sunday, April 1. Richie's all-star country collaborations album could shift 140,000 to 160,000. Shinedown may move something close to 100,000 copies.

Perry's "Teenage Dream" could zoom back to the upper region thanks to the release of the "Complete Confection" edition of the album, which includes bonus tracks and her recent Hot 100 No. 1 "Part of Me."

The new Billboard 200 chart's top 10 will be revealed on the morning of Wednesday, April 4.

On Nielsen SoundScan's Building chart (below), Richie's "Tuskegee" is No. 1, followed by Madonna's "MDNA" and Shinedown's "Amaryllis." The Building tally is a precursor to the final Billboard 200 ranking -- reflecting the first four days (Monday through Thursday) of SoundScan's tracking week as reported by six major merchants.

The ranking is deceiving though, as a chunk of Madonna's sales aren't factored into the Building Chart yet, so she and Richie will likely switch positions on the final Billboard 200 album chart. ("MDNA" has a significant number of sales from non-traditional outlets, including those from a concert ticket/album promotion.)

Adele's never-say-die album "21" is No. 4 on the Building Chart, while "The Hunger Games" soundtrack is No. 5. One Direction's "Up All Night" is No. 6, Katy Perry's "Teenage Dream" is in the No. 7 slot and the Used's new "Vulnerable" is No. 8. Bruce Sprignsteen's "Wrecking Ball" (No. 9) and Luke Bryan's "Tailgates & Tanlines" (No. 10) round out the top 10.

Nielsen SoundScan Building Chart
Rank LW
BB 200 Artist Title
1 NEW Lionel Richie "Tuskegee"
2 NEW Madonna "MDNA"
3 NEW Shinedown "Amaryllis"
4 2 Adele "21"
5 1 Soundtrack "The Hunger Games"
6 4 One Direction "Up All Night"
7 31 Katy Perry "Teenage Dream"
8 NEW The Used "Vulnerable"
9 6 Bruce Springsteen "Wrecking Ball"
10 16 Luke Bryan "Tailgates & Tanlines"
The Building Chart reflects the first four days (Monday through Thursday) of SoundScan's tracking week (which ends Sunday) as reported by six major merchants: iTunes, Trans World Entertainment, Best Buy, Starbucks, Target and Anderson Merchandisers. Billboard estimates that they make up about 85% of all U.S. album sales.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lionel Richie’s ‘Tuskegee’ – Rick’s Album Review

Lionel Richie is no stranger to the world of country. He has ‘dipped’ his feet into the waters a few times over his career. He originally wrote Kenny Rogers’ #1 hit, ‘Lady‘ in 1980. Then, as he was at the height of his career, he cracked the top 10 on the country charts again, teaming up with Alabama for ‘Deep River Woman.’

Originally ‘Tuskegee,’ which is named after his hometown in Alabama, was going to be his full fledged dive into the country pool. A new album with all new music. But, as he was going around Nashville talking to today’s superstars in country music, they suggested that he dig back into his catalog and rework his hits, with a country feel.

As Lionel was talking with Darius Rucker, Blake Shelton, Tim McGraw and other singers, he found out that they knew his music as well, if not better, than he did. So, he invited them to join him, in what would be a duets album. The only guidance he gave them was, “Make this song your own. Sing it like you would sing it if it was on your album and I was a guest vocalist.”

‘Tuskegee” is like your favorite pair of sweats. You already know these classic songs, put Lionel & Company put a fresh spin on them. Unlike a lot of today’s popular music, it’s not over-produced or relying on major studio tricks or music software. The songs sound contemporary, but with a full, rich sound that is missing from some of today’s current hits. Songs like, ‘Say You, Say Me‘ featuring Jason Aldean and ‘Endless Love’ with Shania Twain sound brand new. To be honest, I haven’t been able to listen to ‘Endless Love’ since it originally came out with Diana Ross, because I got burned out on all it’s radio play. But, I have already listened to the new version 10 times.

The whole album sounds like a bunch of friends got together and had fun making an album. I’m pressed to pick any specific highlights from the album, since each song is a home run, but ‘Deep River Woman’ is one that sticks out for me, because of the incredible harmonies with Lionel and Little Big Town. Another of my favorites is ‘You Are’ with Blake Shelton. Needless to say, Lionel’s voice has never sounded better and all the singers’ harmonies blend together in perfect harmony.

Do yourself a favor and either rediscover what made Lionel a radio staple of the 80′s or discover his music for the first time. I think this will be one of the biggest album of 2012. The album goes down ‘Easy. Easy as Sunday morning.”

Give ‘Tuskegee’ a listen and let me know what you think.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thank you.
Listening to it as i type. I thought "longan lychee" giving tribute to our tangachee!

Talk about NK, do you think i should visit NK this year? Money is no problem, but no time to fix a date, travelling there is such hassle, visa and book tour group, so troubleshoot, i like easy travel, like woke up and decide tomorrow i go tokyo, tomorrow i go to nyc or london , paris etc and fly there.

I really want to see NK mass games. Got money no time to go on holiday, sucks. I hate my job.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He is 62.
lr_2061_gpub_lores.jpg

lr_1955_gpub_lores.jpg

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
• personal letter from Lionel Richie
To my friends,
Well here we go…
I am thrilled to share a piece of my personal journey into country music with you. At first it may sound a bit strange, but upon further investigation it is as natural as coming home.
I was born and raised in Tuskegee, Alabama, and I am proud of my Southern roots. I grew up with country, R&B, gospel and classical music—priceless gifts from my grandmother and community.
This place called Tuskegee is where it all began—the place where I felt that everything was available and possible. It’s where I learned about life and love and the power of music, and the place I built a musical foundation that knows no genres or boundaries.
Tuskegee also proved the perfect melting pot for all of my influences as a writer, and as my songwriting progressed, I realized that my songs perfectly translated to country music.
Some people say you can never go home. In this case, I am home.
My new album, Tuskegee, is a journey of return and revelation. It’s about where I came from and how I arrived at where I am today.
…I’ve come full circle. It’s a validation. It’s a state of mind. A place that represents possibilities, hope, promise, empowerment, and where dreams come true—no matter how old or young you are, or where you’re from.
Yours,
Lionel
P.S. Let’s stay connected through my website and on Facebook and Twitter. Look for Tuskegee in March!

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I hope i can find this on internet, it is on CBS on april 13, a concert by lionel and his country music friends.

-----------

Lionel Richie Tapes Star-Studded Concert Special in Las Vegas
3 April 2012
Lionel Richie brought his duets album Tuskegee to life Monday night at the Lionel Richie and Friends — In Concert taping. Rascal Flatts, Tim McGraw, Sugarland’s Jennifer Nettles and Kenny Chesney joined Lionel onstage to sing duet versions of some of his biggest hits from the album like “Hello,” “Sail On” and “Dancing on the Ceiling.”

Lionel opened the show with a solo performance of “All Night Long,” and his daughter Nicole Richie joined him at the piano to play “Climbing,” a song Lionel wrote for her.

Jason Aldean delivered a solo version of “Say You, Say Me,” and Marc Anthony teamed up with Sara Evans for “Endless Love.” The Band Perry took on Lionel’s classic “Penny Lover,” Lady Antebellum covered “Truly” and Martina McBride sang her favorite Lionel song, “Still.”

The ACM Presents: Lionel Richie and Friends — In Concert special airs on CBS Friday, April 13.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lionel Richie's "Tuskegee" Expected to Debut Big on "Billboard" 200

Lionel Richie's new album Tuskegee could give the veteran star his best debut in the Soundscan era, which began in 1991, as well as his highest charting disc since 1986's Dancing on the Ceiling. Billboard reports that the album is headed for a #2 debut on the overall albums chart, in the range of 125 to 150,000 copies sold.

Of course, Tuskegee features Lionel singing his biggest hits with country stars like Shania Twain, Kenny Chesney and Rascal Flatts.

He'll continue promoting Tuskegee with a performance on Sunday night's ACM Awards on CBS with Blake Shelton.

Next week, Lionel Richie teams up with Billy Currington to perform their duet from the album, "Just for You," on ABC's Jimmy Kimmel Live on Wednesday. They'll also sing it on CBS's The Talk on Thursday.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just behind madonna.

Lionel Richie’s new album, Tuskegee, a collection of 13 of his biggest hits performed as duets with country stars, debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard Country Albums chart this week. This marks Lionel’s highest-charting album since 1986 and is the best-selling debut by a country artist so far this year. Tuskegee debuted at No. 2 on Billboard’s Top 200 chart, coming in behind Madonna.

“I am ecstatic!” Lionel said. “These songs are like my children, so I am overwhelmed that they are being embraced by several generations of music lovers. I am so grateful to all of my duet partners for bringing their own distinctive styles and personalities to this album and interpreting these songs in fresh new ways.”

Lionel is already looking forward to more days in Music City. “I have loved my time in Nashville and can’t wait to spend more time there writing songs and collaborating in the studio,” he said. “It inspires me creatively and being there just makes my heart feel good.”

Tuskegee is a hit outside of the United States as well. The album debuted at No. 1 on Canada’s Top Albums chart and is in the Top 10 in the United Kingdom, Denmark, Holland and Sweden. Tuskegee is Lionel’s first No. 1 album in Canada in the SoundScan era and his first No. 1 album in Canada since his Can’t Slow Down album in 1983.

“What makes this so special is that I am able to experience all of this with my children,” Lionel said. “They are too young to know about the Commodores or anything that I did in the eighties. They just know me as the dad who drives them to school. I’m glad they finally get to see what I do for a living!”

Besides sharing the album with his children, Lionel appreciates the chance to share the record with those who influenced and supported him from the beginning. He named his album Tuskegee after his hometown of Tuskegee, Alabama as a way to pay tribute to his roots.

“These were the folks who encouraged me when the rest of the world had never heard of Lionel Richie or the Commodores,” he said. “I discovered that I was a songwriter in Tuskegee, Alabama, and this is where I wrote all of these songs. The roots of my writing, my storytelling, are from the South. I am thrilled that the city and the people that made me who I am today are being honored by the warm embrace this album has received. How fortunate I have been to discover that you can go home again.”

Tuskegee features duets with Jason Aldean, Jimmy Buffett, Kenny Chesney, Billy Currington, Little Big Town, Tim McGraw, Willie Nelson, Jennifer Nettles, Rascal Flatts, Kenny Rogers, Darius Rucker, Blake Shelton and Shania Twain. A deluxe edition of the album includes a DVD with exclusive behind-the-scenes footage from the recording studio.

Country stars gathered in Vegas the day after the ACM Awards to pay tribute to Lionel’s career in a concert special filmed for CBS. The special features performances by Lionel, Kenny Chesney, Tim McGraw, Jennifer Nettles, Rascal Flatts, Kenny Rogers, Darius Rucker, Blake Shelton, Marc Anthony, Sara Evans, The Band Perry, Martina McBride, Big & Rich, Luke Bryan, Lady Antebellum and Jason Aldean. ACM Presents: Lionel Richie and Friends– In Concert will air Friday, April 13 at 9/8 CT on CBS.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
What a great song - Easy.
Compare this to his solo work like Say You Say Me and Hello.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

yeah nice is it, too bad , madonna beat him in the charts, i will try to get the video next week, lionel with his friend showing in USA

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

oh by the way, if you are free, as moderators in this folder, please start a few threads a week, one message a day in this folder to support it. The other new folder which promoting living in an terrorist state(funding terror) is beating this folder soundly.