• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

turn of the tides... three years on

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
we've witnessed an elected President whom won by some 7500 votes, PEH triumphed DC in HG SMC, LLL edging out KPK, KJ and DL in PE SMC.

reckoned the National Conversation drawn to a naught, breakdown in infrastructure aplenty, overcrowding an ever growing issue, FT issue unresolved...

never mind the new baby bonus and pioneer package, the fundamental cause of disdain remains and the MIW remains clueless and/or refusing to acknowledge the issue...

we shall see the full effect of the sentiment against the MIW when the old man is gone, the clock is ticking.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
never mind the new baby bonus and pioneer package, the fundamental cause of disdain remains and the MIW remains clueless and/or refusing to acknowledge the issue...

we shall see the full effect of the sentiment against the MIW when the old man is gone, the clock is ticking.

The MIW as more in denial, still believing that they can hold on to the current set of policies. The people are also angry with what is happening and the frustration is mounting everyday. Ultimately it also won't matter if their intentions are noble or ignoble. They can't change, and they can't humble themselves before the electorate. They also can't deal with the dearth of talented folks willing to join.

There are some people who don't believe in what the establishment is doing anymore and want to break ranks, but caution reigns. I think it will take some form of severe economic downturn to jolt these people into doing the right thing. Meanwhile the suffering for the masses will continue unless they are willing to throw down the gauntlet and vote much more opposition in 2016.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Their psychological trance will be broken once people really slap them in their faces. We are that close to breaking point. They think they can hide behind their laws and ISD like bulletproof walls. I am sure they will flee and break in cold sweat once they realize what a cul-de-sac and a hatchet fight really means.

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
we've witnessed an elected President whom won by some 7500 votes, PEH triumphed DC in HG SMC, LLL edging out KPK, KJ and DL in PE SMC.

reckoned the National Conversation drawn to a naught, breakdown in infrastructure aplenty, overcrowding an ever growing issue, FT issue unresolved...

Next election LHL will still apologise and he will cry louder.
He may even swear upon his mother's grave or maybe both, to make good his promises.

eremarf

Alfrescian
Loyal
The MIW as more in denial, still believing that they can hold on to the current set of policies. The people are also angry with what is happening and the frustration is mounting everyday. Ultimately it also won't matter if their intentions are noble or ignoble. They can't change, and they can't humble themselves before the electorate. They also can't deal with the dearth of talented folks willing to join.

There are some people who don't believe in what the establishment is doing anymore and want to break ranks, but caution reigns. I think it will take some form of severe economic downturn to jolt these people into doing the right thing. Meanwhile the suffering for the masses will continue unless they are willing to throw down the gauntlet and vote much more opposition in 2016.

Is it? I stopped talking politics to people, and have no idea how people feel about things. I do see some evidence that the PAP is attempting to fix some of their more problematic policies though - housing affordability won't be such a big issue in 2016 compared to 2011 (increased HDB supply, and also cooling measures seem to have worked). Pioneer Gen Package would help relieve healthcare burdens of quite some folks. Transport seems just as bad as before. Immigration - I have no idea. Economic outlook and job security - again, no idea (but there've been those WCS and other schemes - I'm sure it's made life somewhat better for those who qualified).

I still wouldn't vote for the PAP of course (and wouldn't encourage anyone else to), but I won't be surprised if there's somewhat less anger this time round.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha...3 years ago, my master, scroobal predicted end of the ride for papee....
now, he said wp is not ready to form govt for a long while...
so what turn of the tides???
do u know that my master is usually spot on in his anal-ysis...lol.