• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Traveling around Rome,Milan and venice.

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
can't upload photos Just got back recently from a trip to Italy, it was fun.

Did not go with tour group, just do my own planning hotel are near central station

Book my flight from wwwAirticketdirect.com pretty good deal, for hotel i use www.Venere.com or contact hotel directly to get better pricing.

Stay in a nice quaint hotel Ascot it does provide breakfast the usual italian bf which is crossiant and coffee, per room is around 80 euro, distance to central staion is 10 mins walk

took the hop on hop off buses which cost 22 euro which is good for 2 days

overnight train to Milan cost 100 euro pp, hotel flora in Milan cost around 60plus euro room is big,clean and quiet, walking distance to station is around 5 to 10 mins.

Took a train from Milan to lake Como cost 24 euro, and morning train from Milan to venice is 31 euro pp
Joint cruise ship in Venice.

Last edited:

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Rome 044 (800x600).jpgRome 100 (600x800).jpgAthen 049 (800x600).jpg

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
did you take the bus from Como to the old city .....belaggio or something like that.....damned narrow roads with steep cliffs....scary :o

Last edited:

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, the street are very naroow, like Mykonos same.went to capri long hike up the roadtoo old to do that took the tram up cost 1 euro.
Pisa and Florence 015 (600x800).jpgPisa and Florence 084 (600x800).jpg

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Did U get a train pass? U sound like U went to a number of places. Rome was nice did U go to Florence as well? My last trip there was Rome -> Pisa -> Florence -> Venice -> Milan. All I remember from my trip to Milan was all my stuff including my F***ing passport got stolen.

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes, went to Corinth Canal and the first Acropolis that was built which the guide say house 1k street walkers.
17 day trips, italy, greece, Turkey, Monaco and Spain.

group of kroeans start singing at Ephesus amphitheatre, pretty noisy, Turkey, Kudashi and Instanbul 013 (800x600).jpg
Athen 068 (600x800).jpgAthen 081 (600x800).jpgTurkey, Kudashi and Instanbul 061 (800x600).jpgTurkey, Kudashi and Instanbul 076 (800x600).jpg

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
ya the canal quite nice...quite narrow the way i recall it. I think i had some Greek pastry at the nearby cafe....The souvenirs quite cheap

too.....when they were still using their kronos ...after they changed to euro all the prices went up.

yes, went to Corinth Canal and the first Acropolis that was built which the guide say house 1k street walkers.
17 day trips, italy, greece, Turkey, Monaco and Spain.

group of kroeans start singing at Ephesus amphitheatre, pretty noisy, View attachment 5180
View attachment 5176View attachment 5177View attachment 5178View attachment 5179

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Did U get a train pass? U sound like U went to a number of places. Rome was nice did U go to Florence as well? My last trip there was Rome -> Pisa -> Florence -> Venice -> Milan. All I remember from my trip to Milan was all my stuff including my F***ing passport got stolen.

I bought my train tickets at the station much cheaper than booking it online, Rome, Milan and venice on my own, join a cruise ship Ruby princess for a 12 days cruise to Monaco, Greeece Athen and Mykonos, Turkey Kusadasi and Istanbul, Italy Pisa, Florence and Naple on our own we took the ferry which cost 17.5 euro to Capri which is nice, from capri took a ferry to to Sorrento which cost 15.5 euro pp have to walk up sloped road and climb 130 step of stairsPisa and Florence 119 (600x800).jpg

From Sorrento took a train to pompeii cost us 2.1 euro pp entrance fee is 11 euro pp, from pompeii took a train to Naple cost 2.8 euro pp, very enjoyable trip over all i would said...... :smile::smile::smile:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Athens, kusadasi, reminds me of my overland trip from Europe to india. That was way back in the eighties. Had to pass through turkey into Iran, which was at war with Iraq, and into Pakistan tribal regions, during the time when Afghanistan was under soviet occupation. The last straw was the closure of the border between india and Pakistan, because the Punjab in india was in turmoil after the assassination of the premier Gandhi. Took a flight from Islamabad home. More than three weeks travelling alone. By buses, ferries and trains.

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Athens, kusadasi, reminds me of my overland trip from Europe to india. That was way back in the eighties. Had to pass through turkey into Iran, which was at war with Iraq, and into Pakistan tribal regions, during the time when Afghanistan was under soviet occupation. The last straw was the closure of the border between india and Pakistan, because the Punjab in india was in turmoil after the assassination of the premier Gandhi. Took a flight from Islamabad home. More than three weeks travelling alone. By buses, ferries and trains.

Cool, so did you go to Quom, Tabriz, Isfarhan, Herat, i have done west Africa starting from Holland up to Angola and back, Persian gulf surrounding countries and central and South America in the 70's and early 80's...nice to be young and able to do it without any worry.

next project would be Central Asia..i...:smile::smile::smile:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Don't mind me asking pak putra, your adventure sounds like an AlQaeda tour of duty la. Don't angry hor!

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Cool, so did you go to Quom, Tabriz, Isfarhan, Herat, i have done west Africa starting from Holland up to Angola and back, Persian gulf surrounding countries and central and South America in the 70's and early 80's...nice to be young and able to do it without any worry.

next project would be Central Asia..i...:smile::smile::smile:

chuckyworld hey its nice to hear and see your trip. Central Asia should be nice I heard from my cousin lots of business opportunities especially in Kazakhstan. I hope to make a trip there soon this year. You did not name south asia yet.