• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Transposing the Rudd-Gillard contest onto Singapore: PAP will never learn

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i also wanna know....abbott or rudd would be the ruin of australia?

i think oz still stands a better chance with rudd, crazy foul mouthed bastard or not......

Why don't you vote him again and we shall see :biggrin:

Australia won't be ruined because of its diverse economy, but I will see a lot of young family with weekly budget of $90 per week. The rest go to the 3 layers of greedy governments and greedier banks.

For me, I am quite immune because Kevin Rudd and me share the same types of investments which he will bail out if the economy turn south. I just do not want to live too close to the poor people Labor will create, and the Labor circle will get larger over time because of the vicious circle of misplaced faith in Rudd.

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
gerrmandering happens everywhere.

one key reason for those long ruling parties fall from power is always party internal splits: defection of people to opposition or breakaway party split votes. if the pap doesn't self-destruct from within, the opposition would face a mammoth task to win future elections.

gerrymandering can be controlled with an independent election body. But there is none in Singapore.
This is tragic for Singaporeans because there cannot have a fair election if the ruling party can manipulate this.

The problem with PAP is that there is no alternative when the party becomes ineffective due to inbreeding. The Aus Labor Party is at this stage. But I am sure the mature election process will sort this out eventually.

ILovePAP

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
gerrymandering can be controlled with an independent election body. But there is none in Singapore.
This is tragic for Singaporeans because there cannot have a fair election if the ruling party can manipulate this.

The problem with PAP is that there is no alternative when the party becomes ineffective due to inbreeding. The Aus Labor Party is at this stage. But I am sure the mature election process will sort this out eventually.

Dont blame the Opposition's INCOMPETENCE on the PAP!

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

yes, gerrymandering can be controlled but would not end with an independent election body, which always obeys the government of the day.

in most countries, the new ruling party simply reverse the gerrymandering done by the previous ruling party. the British called this practice "restoring equilibrium to the electoral system."

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes, gerrymandering can be controlled but would not end with an independent election body, which always obeys the government of the day.

in most countries, the new ruling party simply reverse the gerrymandering done by the previous ruling party. the British called this practice "restoring equilibrium to the electoral system."

So far, Australia do not suffer from much gerrymandering because the independent bodies are still strongly independent and separately funded. And oppositions, journals and NGOs are doing the checks on boundaries.

Instead, what we have is malapportionment, the lesser of the two evils.

But PAP is extreme in its gerrymandering practice, suggesting its lack of confidence, abuse of the spirit of democratic election and abuse of power. A lot of its current problems with finding suitable candidates have to do with the political landscape it created. PAP is digging its own grave.

Last edited:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indeed a big recession is coming, I've said the same thing to a lot of people since 2008. China is slowing, it does not bode well. Australia economy is tied so heavily to china its not funny. Some how I think the Chinese government will do something about it. They cannot afford a euro, us style recession.

I have worked with many CEOs, they are tough but have not reached the level of psychopath yet.

I am not talking about Gillard, I am talking about the coming Australian Economic Recession, the first in 22 years.
And I am talking about how the mad monk and Joe Hockey know what Australia is in for, but Kevin Rudd do not give a damn!
He is a bloody good salesman and nothing else.

He has no regard for anyone. I have his ex-staff working with me. He disregard for processes and taking short-cuts was scary.

He use more fuck words in one sentence than anyone else. It is hokkien pengs and chinese towkay combined.

Anyway, I have most of my exit strategy in place in case Australia falls apart under Rudd.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Indeed a big recession is coming, I've said the same thing to a lot of people since 2008. China is slowing, it does not bode well. Australia economy is tied so heavily to china its not funny. Some how I think the Chinese government will do something about it. They cannot afford a euro, us style recession.

China is on crisis watch!

The 2008 China stimulus returns to haunt the Chinese. It has not stopped the inevitable.

http://english.caixin.com/2013-06-27/100547806.html

Andy Xie

The liquidity crunch in China's financial system reflects pressure on hot money-fueled speculative practices from hot money leaving. The central bank is not in a position to inject liquidity to replace all the departing hot money. Because the Federal Reserve is likely to tighten for three years to come, printing money to replace all the hot money that is leaving would put the country's exchange rate under mounting pressure to devalue, which may trigger a full-blown financial crisis.

The demand for money from the country's financial sector has been mainly for financing speculative leverage in the land market and local government debt. Increasing the money supply merely boosts speculation, not the real economy, as the experience in the first half of 2013 demonstrates.

The bursting of the speculative bubble has had a limited negative impact on the livelihood of the people. China's position as the factory of the world is solid. The export weakness is due to weakness in global demand, not competition. As exports are still rising at twice the pace of global trade, China's economy has a solid cushion from any downturn.

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dont blame the Opposition's INCOMPETENCE on the PAP!

Come on, you know better than I do.

PAP cannot even find proper candidates to represent them in elections. You think Tin Pei Ling is competent?
Even Lee Kuan Yew also spoke about the bleak future of PAP if they continue on the current path to self destruction - a depository for unemployable scholars and SAF type.

PAP developed an anti-politics culture in Singapore, what you see now is the result of the distorted struggling political development of a country that is mismatched by its economic development.

I blame PAP for undermining democracy in Singapore. If 100% of the PAP "caucus" voted for a weak leader like Loong, you know that something is not right. No competition, Nepotism, rule above laws and a show business - the very vices that marks the differences between the ruling elites and masses.

What kind of mickey mouse Opposition does Singapore have - if the any Opposition is competent, they will be sent to Australia in exile. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Come on, you know better than I do.

PAP cannot even find proper candidates to represent them in elections. You think Tin Pei Ling is competent?
Even Lee Kuan Yew also spoke about the bleak future of PAP if they continue on the current path to self destruction - a depository for unemployable scholars and SAF type.

PAP developed an anti-politics culture in Singapore, what you see now is the result of the distorted struggling political development of a country that is mismatched by its economic development.

I blame PAP for undermining democracy in Singapore. If 100% of the PAP "caucus" voted for a weak leader like Loong, you know that something is not right. No competition, Nepotism, rule above laws and a show business - the very vices that marks the differences between the ruling elites and masses.

What kind of mickey mouse Opposition does Singapore have - if the any Opposition is competent, they will be sent to Australia in exile. :biggrin:

Heard TPL is someway related to Ho Ching, cousin or niece, something like that.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Heard TPL is someway related to Ho Ching, cousin or niece, something like that.

It could be, all family business. Someone showed me a detailed family tree. I need to digitalise it one day and release to the internet.

Last edited: