• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat TPP Officially Dead Unless Hillary Clinton Wins Election ...

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are the theories that lay the foundations for the argument for free trade. You asking me if these are the same theories that form the arguments in favor for TPP then I would say yes. The TPP is a free trade agreement therefore arguments in favor of free trade must apply to any free trade agreement.

In a much earlier post, you named "Theory of absolute advantage by Adam Smith. Theory of comparative advantage by David Ricardo" as the grounds on which TPP is based.

When did Adam Smith and David Ricardo write those hypotheses? We're now in 2016 and circumstances have a lot changed since then.

I sense you are not going anywhere through this line of thought so I ask you to consider your next question carefully so as not to derail the thread assertion that TPP will be revived if Clinton wins the election.

It hasn't been my intention to hijack your thread. I apologize if I appeared to you to have done so.

On the contrary I've utmost respect for the knowledge that you've. My highest academic qualification that I obtained from your country is only a GCE "O" with two passes after three attempts. You can imagine how surprised I was when I saw posts ad nauseum on sammyboy forum ranting against the policies of your Prime Ministar and his gabrament. Even today I don't understand why the posters of this forum think they're wiser and smarter than your Prime Ministar, who is clearly a President's Scholar, and who is supported by many cabinet ministars and the elite civil serpents who are also President's Scholars and Colombo Plan Scholars.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
RNC has lost the Presidency and Congress and on the verge of losing the house as well.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
In a much earlier post, you named "Theory of absolute advantage by Adam Smith. Theory of comparative advantage by David Ricardo" as the grounds on which TPP is based.

When did Adam Smith and David Ricardo write those hypotheses? We're now in 2016 and circumstances have a lot changed since then.

It hasn't been my intention to hijack your thread. I apologize if I appeared to you to have done so.

On the contrary I've utmost respect for the knowledge that you've. My highest academic qualification that I obtained from your country is only a GCE "O" with two passes after three attempts. You can imagine how surprised I was when I saw posts ad nauseum on sammyboy forum ranting against the policies of your Prime Ministar and his gabrament. Even today I don't understand why the posters of this forum think they're wiser and smarter than your Prime Ministar, who is clearly a President's Scholar, and who is supported by many cabinet ministars and the elite civil serpents who are also President's Scholars and Colombo Plan Scholars.

There is no need to apologize. Inquisitiveness is good and when you ask the right questions, you frequently find answers to more than just the problem that prompted questions in the first place.

Now Newton developed a theory for gravity several hundred years ago. Does that mean it is not relevant today? :confused:

Now Muhammad was, even by today's standards, a very accomplished general, politician and religious leader. That did not stop his own tribesman criticizing him in those days, and nosey non believers here today questioning his words and actions. You ask these silly men try to go and conquer miles and miles of territory, have over a billion followers pray 5 times a day to them see if they can do it? Talk is cheap lah. Ask them do, they will cower away like shadows from the light. :rolleyes:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

so u base ur argument for a person's policies and leadership based on the person's qualifications,rather than to debate the contents and substance of the policies itself?im not sure about u,but i believe theres plenty of highly intelligent people in singapore and opposition with equally distingusihed qualifications capable of breaking down and analyzing national policies and economics and whatnot......now this is only in a singapore context,i believe in the outside world,there are tons of people way more billiant and capable then what we got in the SG talent pool,who arent politicians themselves,rather think tanks and scientists and geniuses and titans who are capable to dissecting and disseminating these incredibly tough issues and subjects,also its highly likely that the president of us himself consult all these experts and he alone is incapable of knowing everything at a high level of competency and technical ability but hopefully he is smart enough to grasp what these people are saying.

but of course in singapore,we only know the word of LEE,and whatever LEE says is the truth.

also i dont see whats so special about president scholar and colombo what not,it is only applicable in the context of singapore and the tiny region of SEA,a tiny pond in the world's ocean.by the way Chen show mao was rhodes scholar, a distinction shared by John F kennedy so why the hell cant he be the prime minister?strip away those fancy scholarship titles LHL is just a mathematics degree holder from cambridge,where thousands of PRC go to every year.and why cambridge for fuck sake?why not princeton?or stanford?or MIT or harvard mathematics?at least chen show mao went to harvard.and hes the real fucking deal.

of course the only reason i can think of is his lao peh went to cambridge too........

Last edited:

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now Newton developed a theory for gravity several hundred years ago. Does that mean it is not relevant today? :confused
Bro, you can't use the example of scientific theory to claim that economic theories are immutable. We all know that if there are 10 economists in a room, there will be at least "10 to the power of N" economic theories put forward by them.

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
so u base ur argument for a person's policies and leadership based on the person's qualifications,......

also i dont see whats so special about president scholar and colombo what not,

Do you know how President's Scholars are selected?

They have to score the highest distinctions in GCE "A" level papers and also "S" papers ("S" stands for "Special"). Only students who score very high distinctions in their GCE "O" level exams are invited to sit "S" papers.

In addition candidates for President's scholarship have to excel in their CCA activities from Secondary One to junior college.

And in addition to the above, they have to attend two rounds of interview. The interview panels consist of past President's Scholars.

In summary, if they are President's Scholars, it's safe to assume they're the creme de la creme.

N.B.: "highest distinctions" mean the actual marks obtained by the candidates. They don't appear on the candidates' "A-level" results slips. Only your ministry of education have access to them.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do you know how President's Scholars are selected?

They have to score the highest distinctions in GCE "A" level papers and also "S" papers ("S" stands for "Special"). Only students who score very high distinctions in their GCE "O" level exams are invited to sit "S" papers.

In addition candidates for President's scholarship have to excel in their CCA activities from Secondary One to junior college.

And in addition to the above, they have to attend two rounds of interview. The interview panels consist of past President's Scholars.

In summary, if they are President's Scholars, it's safe to assume they're the creme de la creme.

N.B.: "highest distinctions" mean the actual marks obtained by the candidates. They don't appear on the candidates' "A-level" results slips. Only your ministry of education have access to them.

i wonder when the nobel prize commitee when they gave john nash his nobel prize for his nash equilibrium and whatnot,did they look at his cca,his o level scores or a levels or maybe his school trophies and certificates,or did they look at his work,his genius theories and equations breakthroughs and discoveries and the impact they had on the world and the human race.

as for these so called president scholars chosen by the PAP,for every one of these so called president scholar type of talent,china probably produces tens of thousands every year,based on the talent pool and population size,while china produces thousands of real actual geniuses every year and deploys them to work in every industry and field and do research and development and push the boundaries of china's technological and economical capabilities,while our so jiak liao bee president scholars sit on their golden arseholes and spout rubbish all day long.dont forget only the 2nd and 3rd rate talent from china comes to singapore,our universities and secondary schools are swamped with PRCs and they are 2nd rate at best and already crushing sinkaporean students......none of the first rate talents will waste their time with singapore.

by the way some of ur so called scholar talents and paper generals cant even do a simple job of being the wayang cho bo lan ceo of a bunch of medium cap companies(keppel,nol,smrt) in a tiny economy,really brings to question exactly what kind of scholar talents these guys are.and u trust that dickhead arseloong to run a country?seriously,judging by the performance of the rest of his cabinet and paper generals,i can safely say Singapore is doomed.

think about it,ur scholar generals cannot even manage a company with market cap of 1 to 2 billion dollars,Li ka shing manages his conglomerate CK hutchinson with a market cap of 370 bil and assets of 130 billion.....who is the real talent here?

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
now this is the face of a man u can trust.if sinkies learn to pray to this man rather than tua ah pek or Lee kuan yew,their lives would be so much better now,especially the pioneer generation.

look at his Cheshire cat grin and big shiny forehead,i can rub it all day like a Maneko Japanese lucky cat charm.

im a racist bigot supremacist,i dont normally say this but if theres any teochew lang i would marry it would be Li Ka Shing.

XNoQOhV.jpg

Last edited:

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now Newton developed a theory for gravity several hundred years ago. Does that mean it is not relevant today? :confused

Newton's law of universal gravitation has been superseded by Einstein's theory of general relativity.

Below are some scientific arguments against Newton's law. As you can see, scientific theories are just that: hypotheses. They can be superseded or debunked by newer scientific methods or equipment that are not available to us at the time.

Theoretical concerns with Newton's expression

1. There is no immediate prospect of identifying the mediator of gravity. Attempts by physicists to identify the relationship between the gravitational force and other known fundamental forces are not yet resolved, although considerable headway has been made over the last 50 years. Newton himself felt that the concept of an inexplicable action at a distance was unsatisfactory (see "Newton's reservations" below), but that there was nothing more that he could do at the time.

2. Newton's theory of gravitation requires that the gravitational force be transmitted instantaneously. Given the classical assumptions of the nature of space and time before the development of General Relativity, a significant propagation delay in gravity leads to unstable planetary and stellar orbits.

Observations conflicting with Newton's formula

1. Newton's Theory does not fully explain the precession of the perihelion of the orbits of the planets, especially of planet Mercury, which was detected long after the life of Newton. There is a 43 arcsecond per century discrepancy between the Newtonian calculation, which arises only from the gravitational attractions from the other planets, and the observed precession, made with advanced telescopes during the 19th Century.

2. The predicted angular deflection of light rays by gravity that is calculated by using Newton's Theory is only one-half of the deflection that is actually observed by astronomers. Calculations using General Relativity are in much closer agreement with the astronomical observations.

3. In spiral galaxies, the orbiting of stars around their centers seems to strongly disobey Newton's law of universal gravitation. Astrophysicists, however, explain this spectacular phenomenon in the framework of Newton's laws, with the presence of large amounts of Dark matter.

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
as for these so called president scholars chosen by the PAP.......

by the way some of ur so called scholar talents and paper generals cant even do a simple job of........

think about it,ur scholar generals cannot even manage a company with market cap of 1 to 2 billion dollars.....

Please note:

1. I'm in absolute agreement with what you've written about the President's Scholars.

2. It's inaccurate to call the President's Scholars my President's Scholars. My wife, daughter and I have given up Sinkie citizenship years ago.

3. If you're still a Sinkie citizen and are ranting and railing against your Prime Ministar, I suggest that you emigrate and give up your Sinkie citizenship. Be a man and make a clean break. Give yourself a fresh start in life. It's healthy for your soul and mind. Think about it.