• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Top Management Demanded Staff Names for 24th Dec - Retrenchment Exercise.

NissanViP

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been dwelling over retrenchment exercise soon in my company, while my top management has demanded for staff names including overseas staff.<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p

For weeks, I have been trying to propose some plan to retain all my staff but in vain.<O:p</O:p
I even proposed to cut staff salary (including my salary cut 7%) 5% - 7% according to their job designation for first quarter and subsequently to cut further another 2% - 4% for 2nd quarter if company unable to sustain from further financial lost.<O:p</O:p

Now I am given 2 weeks to submit retrenchment list.<O:p</O:p
I feel bad and exhausted for now.

Can someone please give me some idea?<O:p</O:p

Thank you.:(:(

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
Naturally, put your enemy in your list first !!!

Next, put those brainless fucks in the list.

Lastly, those toadies, deadwood, free wheeler, and faggot.

Or, if you can't do it, get your assistant to draw up the list.

I have been dwelling over retrenchment exercise soon in my company, while my top management has demanded for staff names including overseas staff.<O:p</O:p

For weeks, I have been trying to propose some plan to retain all my staff but in vain.<O:p</O:p
I even proposed to cut staff salary (including my salary cut 7%) 5% - 7% according to their job designation for first quarter and subsequently to cut further another 2% - 4% for 2nd quarter if company unable to sustain from further financial lost.<O:p</O:p

NissanViP

Alfrescian
Loyal
Naturally, put your enemy in your list first !!!

Next, put those brainless fucks in the list.

Lastly, those toadies, deadwood, free wheeler, and faggot.

Or, if you can't do it, get your assistant to draw up the list.

Bro,

I have already put down 3 names to go, but it just that I dont have the heart to break someone rice bowl furthermore these 3 fellas have family to feed.

chinchai

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you had pledged to be fair to your staff, then hold a lucky draw for names to be drawn.

If not, then heck care, put some names there, beginning with those non performers :biggrin:

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal

[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]

wah you must be senior to be able to submit staff names....

ever thought of spinning off another company? PAP enjoys doing that all the time...

NissanViP

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you had pledged to be fair to your staff, then hold a lucky draw for names to be drawn.

If not, then heck care, put some names there, beginning with those non performers :biggrin:

Yeah... "lucky" draw might do some help to put "volunteer" name in this list.

Quite frankly although still doesnt sounds good but at least staff is aware some form of fairness to save others.

I will conduct a meeting with them about this "lucky" draw thingy.

Thanks alot.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro,

I have already put down 3 names to go, but it just that I dont have the heart to break someone rice bowl furthermore these 3 fellas have family to feed.

Brother!, times like these, you 'have to bite the bullet', understand clearly what you have to do, it is now a matter of, YOU or THEM!:smile:

PJ Boy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah... "lucky" draw might do some help to put "volunteer" name in this list.

Quite frankly although still doesnt sounds good but at least staff is aware some form of fairness to save others.

I will conduct a meeting with them about this "lucky" draw thingy.

Thanks alot.

Lucky draw is stupid because it will get you in trouble and casts doubts on your leadership abilities, especially when you let everyone know that they are being selected for retrenchment based on a lucky draw.

Your company still wants people who can contribute. You cannot justify your name list based on a draw of the luck. An arbitrary decision undermines your company because it may let good people go and poor workers stay.

Besides, unlucky employees will complain to the authorities and gets your company into trouble, meaning getting you into trouble.

Unless you are saying everybody is of identical ability and value to the company, which is impossible, and the lucky draw is a tie breaker. But this excuse will fail if there is some more objective criteria for retrenchment like the latest employee appraisals.

jesus

Alfrescian
Loyal
So simple, pen in names all foreigners and PRs first.

After that alert an anonymous source or local media.

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro,

Bo piang ar..... When I was retrenched, I also have to feed my family members. Did these "caring" employers bother ? No, they are more concern with their bottomline. Am I to be blamed for being retrenched ? YES, OF COURSE !!! I was meek and had too much thoughts for the company, fellow colleagues, and superiors. In the end, my superior retrenched me just to save himself for another few months.

As a matter of fact, the retrenchment did me more good than harm. I started on my own, I strengthen my character, I am no longer meek, and best of all, now I bite and kick arses !! What is the worst ? I have become :cool:... no, I mean COLD........

Bro,

Cthulhu

Alfrescian
Loyal
What you say is sad but true. A lot of "good values" like honesty, being hardworking, consideration for others will only bring grief in the workplace. It's best to be a conniving and heartless backstabbing bastard. Something I realized but still trying hard to accomplish. :(

Bro,

Bo piang ar..... When I was retrenched, I also have to feed my family members. Did these "caring" employers bother ? No, they are more concern with their bottomline. Am I to be blamed for being retrenched ? YES, OF COURSE !!! I was meek and had too much thoughts for the company, fellow colleagues, and superiors. In the end, my superior retrenched me just to save himself for another few months.

As a matter of fact, the retrenchment did me more good than harm. I started on my own, I strengthen my character, I am no longer meek, and best of all, now I bite and kick arses !! What is the worst ? I have become :cool:... no, I mean COLD........

jw5

Loyal

How many staff out of how many are you asked to retrench?

jw5

Loyal
Bro,

How many family members do you need to feed?