• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Top 5 prata stalls in S'pore

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
prata kosong best is the usual round shape one or square type machiam prata with egg?
original prata is supposed to be crispy or non cripsy? (my answer is non crispy though i like the crispy one).

crispy paper thin prata is a fake...it is damned horrible. nothing like the traditional roti prata ...and gave a few slaps with the palms...and it is heavenly plus all the sweat and all....shiok!!!

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Now the million dollar question........
Prata must eat with what type of curry? Fish, Vege, Mutton, Chicken?

for me, mutton curry is the best!!!

but with friends who do not like meat, i take the vege type with brinjal....very very sedap!!!

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thought it was the one opposite Thomson Yaohan ...along the shop-houses of eateries including the old wah nam roast mee stall ?

No. Along the row of shophouses where the famous Yong Tau Foo is, quite close to Mandai Road junction, also close to CTE exit.

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
IMHO, a good prata is best made kosong.

the flipping must be consistent in strength and the prata is spread thin evenly, leaving its circumference a tad thicker than the prata itself. when folded properly before it hits the pan, the pan must be hot, first fry before flipping over then add oil. the thinner the kosong, the more crispy it would be :smile::smile::smile:

only when the kosong prata is good, then me will try the teloh bawang, if their teloh bawang can make it, then me try the murtabak in the next visit :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

What is the best way to eat Chapati and Appam?

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the best is kosong that is puffy and crispy outside, eat with fish curry

I like both mutton curry and fish curry, mutton curry when eating the prata together with the mutton and fish curry when eating just the prata. The sourish taste of the fish curry contrasts well with the saltish taste of the mutton curry.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What is the best way to eat Chapati and Appam?

What about tosai?

I like both mutton curry and fish curry, mutton curry when eating the prata together with the mutton and fish curry when eating just the prata. The sourish taste of the fish curry contrasts well with the saltish taste of the mutton curry.

Apparently the original way to eat is with mutton curry (south Indian style) or vege curry (north Indian style).....so the fish, chicken curries came later

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
bro,
couple of kopitiams along crane road, one at the onan road junction, the other at carpamel road junction; it's prata galore :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Yup, both are quite good actually. the one a Carpamel Road serve Indian rice for lunch. I particularly like its ikan kuning.

B Man

Alfrescian
Loyal
Never understood this article... My question till today is what has CEOs taste on prata or on any food for that matter make a difference to anyone? It is not as if they have superior taste buds or good at understanding the subtleties of cooking.. Chef's comments I can understand. CEOs? I would rather they comment on markets and other companies in their sphere THAN on food.

I would rate this as a attempt to promote the CEOs...

If anything, they should be working hard running the company.