• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tony Tan's wisdom - Singapore's economy may be threatened

kepala butoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Shame they don't give Nobel prizes out for stating the obvious otherwise our Tony would be Prizewinner for life. If this Presidential "hope fool" needs to become President to share his expertise (I thought hey sought advice myself rather than give counsel), then he's a failure as a human being already. Those who can; do. Those who can't; teach.

Aug 6, 2011
Singapore's economy may be threatened: Dr Tony Tan
By Marissa Lee

Presidential hopeful Dr Tony Tan is worried that a shaky global economy could threaten Singapore's economic stability in months to come. -- ST PHOTO: ALPHONSUS CHERN

PRESIDENTIAL hopeful Dr Tony Tan is worried that a shaky global economy could threaten Singapore's economic stability in months to come.

He is confident that his understanding of the financial markets and global economy make him a suitable presidential candidate.

'I've worked in these fields for the past 20 years, in the private sector as well as the public sector, as executive director of the Government Investment Corporation, so I have an intimate knowledge of all of these areas,' he told the media at the sidelines of an event hosted by the Singapore Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry on Thursday.

Dr Tan said that he will be better positioned to share his expertise with the government as president rather than as part of the GIC.

He explained: 'GIC is not a government agency, it is a private sector company owned by the Ministry of Finance.'

Last edited:

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Based on what the Law Minister says in today's newspapers, it looks like a simple case of over-promising on what he can do.
But then, he was/is/will be a politician.

jujim

Alfrescian
Loyal
But I thought they just mentioned the President has no right to the daily management or even the strategic direction of Temseak, GIC etc. So how to "share his expertise with the government as president"?

:*:

Last edited:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... PRESIDENTIAL hopeful Dr Tony Tan is worried that a shaky global economy could threaten Singapore's economic stability in months to come.

He is confident that his understanding of the financial markets and global economy make him a suitable presidential candidate ...
evrybody noes gahmen brames evry 1 else 4 sg economy woes ... n craims credit wen economy recovers ...

u dun nid a pres 2 oso tok tis kind of nonsense ... :rolleyes: