• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tony Tan: "It's very clear"

jeesus

Alfrescian
Loyal
During the TOC forum, you see Tony Tan very frequently sighing and starting his replies with "It's very simple" or "It's very clear". So, I don't understand why daft Singaporeans keep asking the same questions that have very clear answers. He must be very exasperated to have to answer these time wasting, "very clear" questions. *sigh*

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't forget to watch his hands, the way they spread out - body language students will know that this is to symbolise "openness" and "trusworthyness". Only problem is that because whatever point he makes, he keeps using the same arm movement. This means that he has been rehearsing the movement, and is well co-ordinated with the action of his mouth and his smirky (you buggers are fooking daft) smile.

Notice that even when the moderator and Alexy Au requested for a straight Yes/No answer, he weaved and danced around the question with totally different responses. In a couple of instances, even TKL did better. TT may think he is smart but in reality, his BSness comes through clearly and sharply.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indeed, if I were in the audience, I may not be alert enough to pick up on the BS from all 4 candidates. With recorded internet streaming however, people can rewind back and forth the video so see how candidates are answering "the question they hope was asked" instead. The Internet Age has made things "clear".

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember him mentioning he connects well with the ground like visiting markets, hawker centres and doing walk-abouts etc.. Sometimes answering a question with "It's very clear" statement carries a tinge of arrogance and rudeness. If the answer is so "clear" or "obvious", why would one want to ask in the first place. This lofty appeal does not bode well with the image of a people's President.

Last edited:

bhoven

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember him mentioning he connects well with the ground like visiting markets, hawker centres and doing walk-abouts etc.. Sometimes answering a question with "It's very clear" statement carries a tinge of arrogance and rudeness. If the answer is so "clear" or "obvious", why would one want to ask in the first place. This lofty appeal does not bode well with the image of a people's President.

Does remind you of the "no brainer" remark of yesteryear doesn't it?

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... Sometimes answering a question with "It's very clear" statement carries a tinge of arrogance and rudeness. If the answer is so "clear" or "obvious", why would one want to ask in the first place ...
iz a reply dat is meant 2 insult ze person who posed ze question ...

so clear u oso cannot c? ... som simple u oso dunno? ... lidat stil wanna ask? u muz b stoopig! ... :rolleyes:

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't forget to watch his hands, the way they spread out - body language students will know that this is to symbolise "openness" and "trusworthyness". Only problem is that because whatever point he makes, he keeps using the same arm movement. This means that he has been rehearsing the movement, and is well co-ordinated with the action of his mouth and his smirky (you buggers are fooking daft) smile.

Notice that even when the moderator and Alexy Au requested for a straight Yes/No answer, he weaved and danced around the question with totally different responses. In a couple of instances, even TKL did better. TT may think he is smart but in reality, his BSness comes through clearly and sharply.
u forgot to mention he slaps his thigh occassionally, and began to slouch & lean to the side... an indication he's perturped & cant be bothered. his "smiley" face also turned dull & shyed away from the audience. i noticed him staring at the audience feet once in awhile when he's not involved in the Q&A.

by far, only TJS & TKL looked straight without slouching or refrained eye contact, even when they're not in the conversation. shows they're eagerness & sincerity.

as for TCB, i realised he's not good with numbers, 1 guy from the audience asked about section 377a, but TCB's response was 3..3..a. i cant imagine how good can he serve the nation when he can misrepresent simple digits.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i draw conclusions after watching part 2 of the TOC.

gives me impression that he did not want to be there, he did not want to be in the elections at all....thats why when he was asked second time regarding ISA, he said, he have said all that was to be said.,

when the other candidates were elaborating on how they would "check" the government, he simply reiterated the same ramblings - the EP has to work within the constitution, the thing had to be debated, blah blah...

and he gave me the impression that he was tired to repeating these "SOP" answers ...

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Of the 4, TJS & TKL appeared more focussed and sincere in their answers which are also more varied & to-the-point. TT came across as rehearsed & politically-safe but boring.Dr TCB always has this pained expression on his face, making him looked tired & older than his70 odd years! He also fumbled in the CNA discussion when he couldn't recall the year in which he scored an overwhelming % of the votes. I believe he has a good heart but he may not be the best man for the job.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There was a repeat command performance from Phoney Honest Tan in the CNA programme earlier - he said "it's very clear" at least 4 times during the one hour programme.

rodent2005

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tony Tan and TCB are always going "this cannot do, that cannot do". So negative. Like a highly paid employee that always go "I can't do this, I can't do that" because it is not in his job specs.

eQuipment

Alfrescian
Loyal
its very clear... its damn clear... crystal clear.... TT's chinese F9

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_t6iW5FjrWs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

jeesus

Alfrescian
Loyal
View this video instead:
[video=youtube;c31l_baSTWM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c31l_baSTWM[/video]

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
The white-haired Tony Tan think he can hookwinked singaporeans by giving beating around the bush,everytime "it's very clear ".I say lanjiao to u TT,just answer the question directly.

jeesus

Alfrescian
Loyal
wah jialat leh, how can you guys be so rude to our future president? from booing to chao chee bai to lanjiao... he is getting worse treatment than prataman.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tony Tan and TCB are always going "this cannot do, that cannot do". So negative. Like a highly paid employee that always go "I can't do this, I can't do that" because it is not in his job specs.

With employees of this attitude, the company is basically "Tan Si".

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's very clear after today's lunch time rally at Boat Quay, that he's going to lose the election. It's so very clear! Harping on the same economic doomsday messages & portraying himself as the only saviour of the nation. lol!

refulgence

Alfrescian
Loyal
The white-haired Tony Tan think he can hookwinked singaporeans by giving beating around the bush,everytime "it's very clear ".I say lanjiao to u TT,just answer the question directly.

TT beats around the bush because either he is clueless or he is incapable of speaking the truth. Somebody should tell him to wipe the stupid smile off his face when he goes off topic.