• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tony Tan - disingenuous or dishonest or both

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Walking the ground is joke in a nationwide presidential election. What's up? Covering 87 consitituencies in two months or less? Let me give you and them a tip. Get enough polling and counting agents for a start. The votes aren't going to be polled and counted in tens of thousands - it's going to be in the millions.

That is putting the cart before the horse. Wait for nomination day before then get the ball rolling.

Beg your pardon but I'd think that's getting the soldiers before the war starts.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Beg your pardon but I'd think that's getting the soldiers before the war starts.

So what makes you so sure his confidants has not made any preparations or planned how to campaign in the event he is nominated? I doubt he is that stupid after having been in politics for so long.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
So what makes you so sure his confidants has not made any preparations or planned how to campaign in the event he is nominated? I doubt he is that stupid after having been in politics for so long.

To be frank, I think all three should have enough or near-enough manpower by now for basic logistics. My point is, this is not constituency election, this a nationwide election. It's impossible for any candidate to visit all constituencies.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To be frank, I think all three should have enough or near-enough manpower by now for basic logistics. My point is, this is not constituency election, this a nationwide election. It's impossible for any candidate to visit all constituencies.

Yes you are definitely right, this is not the same as fighting for any constituency but the whole of Singapore. I think they all have some strategy but TT has all the advantages.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes you are definitely right, this is not the same as fighting for any constituency but the whole of Singapore. I think they all have some strategy but TT has all the advantages.

Agree. TT is taking advantage of the filter-down strategy, i.e. reaching out to all the clans, associations, grassroots etc. leaders and the influence would filter down and multiply into great number of votes. TKL couldn't do that with, I think, less than half of NTUC behind him. His retirement from NTUC wasn't exactly ceremonious. TCB has done nothing really, except to make parliamentary debates more lively instead of sleepy.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agree. TT is taking advantage of the filter-down strategy, i.e. reaching out to all the clans, associations, grassroots etc. leaders and the influence would filter down and multiply into great number of votes. TKL couldn't do that with, I think, less than half of NTUC behind him. His retirement from NTUC wasn't exactly ceremonious. TCB has done nothing really, except to make parliamentary debates more lively instead of sleepy.

Knowing the past results of the GE I am not pinning my hopes that anyone apart from TT will win the PE. Nevertheless being somewhat of an optimist, I can hope for the best. Anyway the post is not as important as it ought to be, so que sera, sera.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If the garment did this, TT will not be respected as a President :smile:

hi there

1. bro, what respect!
2. for some useless thing doing nothing earns no respect even from some mice mah.
3. remember, sheep are good at playing monkey biz at all cost!
4. sinkies are screwed big time daily.

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
By now many of you must have read the speech by ex cabinet Minister and Presidential certainty gave at SMU. For a man of such stature, the nephew of highly respected the late Tan Chin Tuan it is a bloody disgrace.

Singapore long before Tony Tan was born had always welcomed foreigners. It became cosmopolitan weeks after Raffles set foot on it. It has never ever turned away foreigners and the notion of xenophobia never crossed anyone's mind.

Singaporeans are merely asking for a fighting chance to remain as contributing citizens and are not seeking handouts.

Everyone knows that quotas for foreigners have been in our education system since the late 70s. Foreigners with lower grades have been admitted to our tertiary institutions while Singaporeans with better grades are not admitted. This is a fact. I challenge any cabinet minister to deny this.

It is also a fact that foreigners for whom we paid taxpayers money for education have left the country. The Govt needs to reveal numbers on the outflow. These have not been revealed. We know more Jack Neo and his sordid sex life than we know about important things in our country.

Vote Tony Tan out. Make it clear that this man is dishonest, had 18 years of hold on the country's education and did no Singaporean any favours.

100% agree...vote him out!