• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tonight - THE DEVIL'S HOUR!!!

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
1441801203806272.jpg

20:19

Happening now: PAP rally for Jalan Besar GRC at Boon Keng

PM Lee Hsien Loong has arrived, he will speak later. ST PHOTO/VIDEO: GOH YAN HAN

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
1441801346886350.jpg

20:22

PAP candidate Denise Phua now speaks in Mandarin about improvements in infrastructure and services in the area. The aim is to develop Jalan Besar into "a kampong in the city" by fostering its kampong spirit. ST PHOTO: GOH YAN HAN

20:28

PAP candidate Denise Phua, referring to WP's slogan, tells the crowd: "Empower your future is useless if there is no future to empower." She urges residents to scrutinise the proposals put forth by parties, and to recognise tangible achievements by political parties through their votes. Urging voters to hold all candidates by the same standards, she says: "Better politics is when all politicians work harder, and not just PAP politicians." ST VIDEO: GOH YAN HAN

20:37

PAP candidate Denise Phua says "it is not true that PAP is a party that has done no good". She cites the outpouring of grief when the late Mr Lee Kuan Yew passed away, saying such strong emotions were not displayed when he was alive. Another example, though not in the same magnitude she says, is the recent resignation of Transport Minister Lui Tuck Yew. Brickbats were thrown at him but after he announced his resignation, there were many who came up to him to ask him to stay. Why only recognise their diligence and good work only when it is too late, she asks. STVIDEO: GOH YAN HAN

Last edited:

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
1441801571696389.jpg

20:27

Happening now: At SDP rally at Clementi Avenue 6

Marsiling-Yew Tee candidate John Tan says someone asked him if the SDP is capable of running a town council. He asks voters to visit the party's website for details, and says: "We are preparing our part in the transition process already. This Friday, I need you to signal to the current town council to prepare theirs."

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
1441801849665559.png

20:30

Happening now: At PAP rally at Simei Road

Dr Maliki switches to English and says that he shares his residents' concerns about the high cost of living.

"I have even been shouted at during these nine days. But what do we, as PAP candidates, do? We listen. Listen with our heart.

"What are elections about? It is about picking two things - your local representative and the government."

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
1441802090974413.jpg

20:34

Happening now: WP rally at Bedok Stadium

Mr Perera says Singapore needs to fix many problems but the deeper rooted problem is that many Singaporeans do not feel like they have the power to fix the problems.

20:36

Mr Perera says: "We all think of the hammer as something to hantam (hit) but the hammer is also a tool to knock the nails into wood, to build a new home."

He promises if WP are elected: "We will use our hammer to build."

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
1441802424154139.jpg

20:39

Dr Yaacob Ibrahim, anchor minister for Jalan Besar, begins his speech in Malay. ST PHOTO: GOH YAN HAN

20:50

PAP candidate Yaacob Ibrahim: "We will ensure that this little red dot continues to work and we will have afuture!"

What is responsible politics? It's not "fiery speeches, all talk and no action... it's not entralling voters that you can have it all", he says. "Compassion and empathy are not about handouts but giving those who need help a legup." While the PAPgovernment will continuously tweak policies because of changing circumstances, its enduring values of honesty and integrity will not change. ST VIDEO: GOH YAN HAN

Last edited:

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
1441802487942727.jpg

20:41

East Coast GRC candidate Daniel Goh says he made an effort to meet and greet children and young people on walkabouts because they are the reason he is running for political office.

20:47

Dr Goh says the WP wants Singapore "as a home city" again and adds: "Singaporeans will need to surrender our land reserves and cultural heritage so that the elites can have their shining global city."

He shares a story about the old flat his family used to live and said his son misses the two Indian families that used to be their neighbours. He said his wife took their son back to visit the families and play with their sons, and one of the Indian women cooked poori and curry for him.

Last edited:

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
1441802521562289.jpg

I do not have much qualifications but I have the deep love for my country!!!!!!!!!!

20:44

In Mandarin, Lim Swee Say expresses regret that there was a misunderstanding at his first rally, when he was accused of disrespecting Malaysian and Chinese netizens for his comments.

"I am deeply sorry if I offended anyone."

1441802963498482.png

20:48

Lim Swee Say, still speaking in Mandarin, touches on the Workers' Party line-up that his team his facing in East Coast GRC.

"I don't have a doctorate (referring to Dr Daniel Goh's status as a NUS sociology professor), I don't possess a degree from Oxford (in a nod to Mr Leon Perera's education credentials), but what I have is a sincere heart that is willing to serve Singaporeans."

1441802736358430.jpg

he was almost in tears.............

20:56

Lim Swee Say in English now. He wants to keep his message simple. "Many of you are looking for change when you cast your vote, changes that will make your lives better in the next five years," he says.

"Do you want to vote for the party that has good policies? Or do you want the party that pursues good politics to pursue your vote?" He cites the withdrawal age for CPF as an example, and the Workers' Party's proposal for the withdrawal limit to be lowered from 64 to 60 years old.

"Doing the limbo rock, is it? The lower the better. Is it a good policy to lower the age limit? They are using good politics to try to win your votes."

21:05

Lim Swee Say speaks about the fact that most opposition parties are pushing for a minimum wage this election, but that it is a tricky situation.

"If it is set too high, low-skilled workers lose theirjobs. If it is too low, like the $1,000 that the Workers' Party is proposing, the minimum wage would become maximum wage - the employer would say, I'm already paying you the minimum wage, why should I pay you more?

"We don't go for minimum wage, we go for progressive wages, because low-skilled workers deserve them too."

21:14

Lim Swee Say is picking holes in the Workers' Party's proposals on getting more women back to work and to push for mature workers to be re-employed.

Mr Lim says they are at least five years too late for both, because the PAP had already initiated them earlier. "Why are they pushing for these? Because of good politics".

Last edited:

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
1441802775384504.jpg

Dr Tan Cheng Bock, one-time presidential candidate and former PAP MP, is in attendance and gets a good reaction from the crowd. SDP candidate Paul Tambyah hails him at the start of his speech.

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
20:49

Happening now: PAP rally at Potong Pasir Avenue 1

MP Sitoh Yih Pin gives examples of what he calls "ABCD" - Acting Beyond the Call of Duty.

He has organised many activities to help build "kampong spirit", includingtrips to Malaysia, a regular singalong session, and social programmes to help the needy.

Every first Sunday of the month, the town delivers basic necessities to 350 families. Later, they also added vegetables, fruits and fish.

"That's what we call ABCD," he says.

1441802874193945.jpg

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
1441803222814094.jpg

20:57

Happening now: At SDP rally at Clementi Avenue 6

Dr Paul Tambyah thanks the PAP's Holland-Bukit Timah team. He says that every household in the constituency has received a document titled Hard Truths About The SDP's Policies.

At the start of the campaign, less than 10 per cent of households in the constituency had any idea about the SDP's policies, he says. "We are very grateful to the PAP for disseminating this information to every household in Holland-Bukit Timah," says Dr Tambyah, adding that that is something the SDP could never afford to do. "Thank you Dr Vivian, Ms Sim and company."

Dr Tambyah rebuts some points made in the document. He says one point was that the PAP team was responsible for an MRT station and a polyclinic in the area. Dr Tambyah says the civil service is professional and non-partisan and to suggest otherwise is to insult them. "The trains will still break down, regardless of who is the MP."

Last edited:

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
1441805163846613.jpg

PM Lee, who speaks in Mandarin, likens the last 5 years to the end of a school term and it's time for a report card. The Government has done what it has to, he says. ST PHOTO: GOH YAN HAN

21:03

PM Lee begins his English speech: He urges voters to spend the Cooling-off Day thinking through these issues: examine theplans presented by the various parties, look at their track records, think about their characters. "Can you trust them? Are they honourable? Will they be there for you when you need them?" ST PHOTO: GOH YAN HAN

21:03

PM Lee begins his English speech: He urges voters to spend the Cooling-off Day thinking through these issues: examine theplans presented by the various parties, look at their track records, think about their characters. "Can you trust them? Are they honourable? Will they be there for you when you need them?" ST PHOTO: GOH YAN HAN

21:06

In this election, PAP is showing a report card it is proud of, says PM Lee. "What about the opposition?" he asked the crowd. Items on PAP's report card include more flats built, helping the low-income Singaporeans to own a two-room flat for as little as $30,000. On transport, he says the opposition says the government should be restructuring. "But the government is already restructuring," says PM Lee. "This rooster is supposed to wake up before dawn. I think it woke up late this morning," he says to laughter and cheers from the crowd.

21:15

PM Lee repeated the analogy about WP: some Singaporeans voted for a "tiger in the chamber" but ended up with "a mouse in the house". If the policies are well-received, WP would say "then the government should do more!" He added: "If it's good, ask for more. if not, it's PAP's fault So easy, I also can." He added that opposition claims to be speaking on behalf of the people. PM says: "I am talking to the people right now. I don't need them to stand in the middle." ST PHOTO: GOH YAN HAN

Last edited:

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
1441803897687563.jpg

1441804297315554.jpg

21:00

Happening now: PAP rally at Circuit Road

MP Tin Pei Ling speaks in Mandarin. She says she hopes residents will re-focus on Singapore's future. She will also speak about MacPherson's future.
During the darkest period of her life in 2011, MacPherson accepted her, and she feels grateful, she says.

She thanks the residents for making her feel welcome, and letting her serve. They crowd cheers.

There are many elderly residents here, and she wants to make MacPherson a good place to retire, she says. She also wants to make it a place where young children can grow up happy. It is a place that is full of warmth, she adds.

She criticises the opposition parties for having only one message: "The Government can spend more."

Last edited:

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
1441804340742856.jpg

1441804400555969.jpg

Dr Chee reiterates the SDP's policies, saying that they were crafted with only one factor in mind - the well-being of Singaporeans. "We cannot be the most expensive city in the world and then have our wages stagnate for our people. ... We cannot continue to write the PAP a blank cheque."

1441804515508243.jpg

Dr Chee recaps the three issues the party has focused on in the past week - high cost of living, retention of CPF savings and continued importation of foreigners. "All this did not come by coincidence, they happened as a result of PAP policies."

Dr Chee tells of a cleaning lady he met while selling books a few years ago and says people like her are why he got into politics 25 years ago, to speak up for people like her and make their lives a little more bearable.

He talks about his resilience: "No matter how hard you pound, I can take it. No matter how viciously you attack, I will tahan. No matter how nasty you play, I will not bow down."

Last edited:

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
1441805090516140.png

21:24

DPM Tharman takes the mic and greets the crowd in Malay, Tamil and Mandarin before addressing them in English.

"Let me salute Mr Lim Swee Say for what he has been doing not just in East Coast, but for Singapore.

"He has been at the vangard to change for a better society."

1441805503550516.jpg

DPM Tharman on three major shifts in recent times:

1.On the need to have a better balance between economic and social policies in order to build a more equitable society

2.On how the focus needs to shift to beyond just development in schools to maximise everyone's potential through life

3.Moving from a top-down government to one that listen, engages and leads

Last edited:

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
1441805202284233.jpg

21:26

Happening now: PAP rally at Petir Road

Dr Vivian Balakrishnan is on stage now. He says: "My teammates are so hardworking, they do not give me much time to speak," to laughter from the crowd.

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
NSP Mr Lim Tean Tampines Street 32

The Tiger waiting to enter parliament. A powerful speaker. An intelligent, knowledgeable ,passionate and strong public figure with a great presence!!! Well done Mr Lim!!!

nsp-lim-tean-7-sep-rally.jpg

lim_tean_1.jpg

23452691.JPG

Powerful speaker.

In every job, Singaporean should have priority. We are not saying that we do not want foreigners in our workplace.
There are many young graduates in Singapore who cannot find a job in their own country.
First class honours has not been able to find a job for two years. All the jobs she applied for have all taken up by foreigners. Instead of addressing the problem, you have the education minister who told you that we gave you a fantastic education.

Make sure that there is a job for the Singapore graduate....No other first world country where you can find a foreigner who can take away a job from the local. No where in the world such thing can happen. In Singapore, there is really no safeguard.

Your returns anything to shout about!!! If the Government really cares, they will return a much better CPF returns...At the end of the day, that money is your money!!!

The Government has absolutely no legal ground to withhold the money!!! How many Singaporeans squandered their money when they withdraw their money. What is the evidence??? What are the figures? How many people squandered their money. I think the figure is very very low . Maybe 5%. The Government is penalizing the 95% of the people!!! They can put safeguards.

If you have a next of kin whom you think is going to squander his money, he will not be able to withdraw his full cpf. What is the consequence of withholding peoples money. People were looking forward to withdrawing my money at 55...have to wait until 65. I hope I am around to be alive. We are not playing around with religion. We have to speak up!!!

How many parents have the heart to sue their children for maintenance when their children can hardly support themselves..

Vote for NSP..is the present government for me or against me...is my present government is on my side or on the other side

let this be your decisive voice on polling day!!!

vote for NSP!!! we are the tigers in parliament!!!