• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Told you so! Tan Ku Ku Romanian murderer won't return!

Hakka Tiow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore
Home > Breaking News > Singapore > Story
Jan 8, 2010
EMBASSY CAR CRASH
Ionescu won't return
By Teh Joo Lin

Dr Ionescu now says he will assist in the probe from Romania. The MFA has stressed to Romania's ambassador the importance of full cooperation. -- FILE PHOTO: SHIN MIN DAILY NEWS

ROMANIAN diplomat Silviu Ionescu, who might have been involved in a hit-and-run accident here, has made a U-turn and told journalists in his home country that he will not be returning to Singapore after all.

Last week, he had said he would come back some time this month, after seeking medical treatment for diabetes at home.

Yesterday, he said his statement had been misunderstood.

He explained that he would not be returning after all as he had been recalled from his post in Singapore. Instead, he would assist in the accident investigations from Romania.

On Wednesday, Romania's Foreign Affairs Ministry recalled Dr Ionescu as the charge d'affaires of its embassy here. It said the move was made to allow the Prosecutor's Office in Romania to properly investigate the accident, which took place on Dec 15.

That morning, an Audi A6 that was later traced to the embassy hit three men in Bukit Panjang, one of whom died later. The car was found abandoned in Sungei Kadut, an industrial area near Kranji.

Read the full story in Friday's edition of The Straits Times.

zuoom

Alfrescian
Loyal
if i was the Romanian, i wouldn't return either.

public opinion is stacked against me. why should i return?

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What about the Singapore Government solidly behind him?:rolleyes:

The SG government is doing exactly what they should be doing at a time like this, keeping their bloody mouth shut. It would be foolish to allow the relationship of 2 countries descend into a political crisis due to some irresponsible asshole. Let the police and the Romanian investigators do their job and dun let some stupid politician who wants increase his political profile influence the result. This is one of those matters where politician should stay away from until AFTER we can be sure that the guy did it. And the only reason why they should be involve is to get that guy back here to face the law

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
The SG government is doing exactly what they should be doing at a time like this, keeping their bloody mouth shut. It would be foolish to allow the relationship of 2 countries descend into a political crisis due to some irresponsible asshole. Let the police and the Romanian investigators do their job and dun let some stupid politician who wants increase his political profile influence the result. This is one of those matters where politician should stay away from until AFTER we can be sure that the guy did it. And the only reason why they should be involve is to get that guy back here to face the law

The stupid diplomatic should have just said "I have diplomatic immunity, I am immune from prosecution, go away." Then Singapore would have to expel him and close the file. This way, the diplomat is just wasting the time of the Singapore police and MFA and his own country's MFA.

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
If that Romanian Rat is innocent, he would not be afraid to be back & clear his name. After all he's a diplomat & he has diplomatic immunity, no?
Im wondering what's next in the political front? Is Romania going to send another prostitute patron diplomat?

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
If that Romanian Rat is innocent, he would not be afraid to be back & clear his name. After all he's a diplomat & he has diplomatic immunity, no?
Im wondering what's next in the political front? Is Romania going to send another prostitute patron diplomat?

He is probably afraid that if he is in Singapore, his country might revoke his immunity and allow him to get arrested. Not likely to happen for the third world country he comes from though.

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal
Damn song...
elite always more equal than the rest.

Itz his karma that he gotch divine protection.

:o :( :o

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The stupid diplomatic should have just said "I have diplomatic immunity, I am immune from prosecution, go away." Then Singapore would have to expel him and close the file. This way, the diplomat is just wasting the time of the Singapore police and MFA and his own country's MFA.

I think the right way to handle it is to let the police do their investigations first. Once they confirm that's their man, then our MFA should go and request for them to send the Asshole back. They of coz have the right to do this :oIo: to us but we still need to do things the proper way.

Can anyone tell me the penalty for hit and run drivers?

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the right way to handle it is to let the police do their investigations first. Once they confirm that's their man, then our MFA should go and request for them to send the Asshole back. They of coz have the right to do this :oIo: to us but we still need to do things the proper way.

Can anyone tell me the penalty for hit and run drivers?

Basically Romania don't bother to charge others for hit and run, it's a cowboy cuntry.

Sinkies here lan, lan. Kenna smoked by their masters.:biggrin:

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
disappointed_that_hitandrun_case_romanian_envoy_wont_come_back-thumbnail.jpg

Singapore foot-poodles cannot touch him unless their top says so .

So there is blatant corruption at the top .

Last edited:

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
George Yeo: ""What happened was very bad, a man was killed, people were injured," said Mr Yeo. "The police are pursuing the matter very thoroughly but investigations are still ongoing and I should not be commenting on them. Let’s take this one step at a time, there must be due process in such matters.""

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Basically Romania don't bother to charge others for hit and run, it's a cowboy cuntry.

Sinkies here lan, lan. Kenna smoked by their masters.:biggrin:

His country cannot charge him as it is a criminal offence in Singapore. But it can revoke the immunity which it is unlikely to do.

jw5

Loyal
His country cannot charge him as it is a criminal offence in Singapore. But it can revoke the immunity which it is unlikely to do.
He was never going to return once he left.
What is interesting is how the Romania authorities proceed with the case and how the Singapore authorities respond to what is done.

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Romania authorities will say that he is being punished
if press further then they will say he committed suicide,
so case close, but actual fact he is enjoying the sun somewhere.

cheebye

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Romania authorities will say that he is being punished
if press further then they will say he committed suicide,
so case close, but actual fact he is enjoying the sun somewhere.

Romanian court will fine him USD$100/= and then close case!