• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Today is LKY 88th Birthday.. Any B'day greetings for the Ol Bastard?

AktifSingh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Your motherfucker Lee Kuan Yew and his family will not behave like this

Bhai, I'm sorry to hear that the vaccine had no effect on you. By the grace of the Lord Brahma, I will pray for a miracle that will rid you of your physical and mental disabillities. Namaste.

This is real unsinkified human being behaviour.

AktifSingh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Happy 90th Harry! From Queen Lizzy, your former colonial mistress

Bhai, we should all wish the Ghandi and founding father of Singapore the best of health so that he could lead this great adopted nation of mine to greater glories and continue driving this golden age 4 trillion dollar economy to greater heights. Nobel prize for this great sage please. Namaste.

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Brothel Press shows 2011 picture of LKY on front page

Hardly in fine print. It is stated in the caption as: Mr Lee at the Istana on Sept 8, 2011. -- ST PHOTO: STEPHANIE YEOW
That is the purpose of captions.

I think the objective of starting this thread to question why a current photo cannot be used, especially when the entire point of the picture is to go along with a statement wishing the old man happy birthday. That is the purpose of possessing a brain.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

the doctor display selfless behaviour,

your old fart motherfucking Lee kuan yew is not... he amass million for himself. what a low life.

TopSage

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ex-MM Lee did not turn up for his birthday party, ST use 2011 photo....

His younger son represented him at the Chinese Chamber of Commerce event.
Not too sure how much time he has left.

But like it or he has been a large part of our lives. Perhaps outside of our parents, his impact has been great if not greatest.

I remember when I was a young boy, the older folks would tell me LKY this and LKY that. He had this giant stature that no prime minister after him could even come close to matching.

Over time, I learned more about the world and understood economics and politics far deeper than I was as a kid. I'm convinced he did not build a system that can actually last. The great pillars of democracy, justice and equality were not holding up this nation. It is held up instead by elitism, capitalism and corporatism. Singapore's GDP may have grown rapidly ..and our wealth far exceeds countries around us but under LKY's direction we took short cuts and worked our way along an unsustainable path. This is why there is so much more resistance against the PAP pulling us along....something must give ...something is wrong...

The main thing I resent about LKY's authoritarian rule is his harsh treatment of political opponents. It was unfair and unnecessary ...and serve only to concentrate power in his hands and that of his party. These actions too will have long term consequences.

You can say he did it "his way". But he has taken us on an unsustainable path, if history is to go by, it is an implosive path with a dead-end. Today the wheels are fast falling off the vehicle of progress we have traveled with. Inequality and poverty is making a strong comeback. I also believe our economy has taken the wrong path drinking from the same river that caused the financial crisis - a high level of debt, speculation and financial engineering.

I'm sure when LKY goes, his system will soon follow. He will be remembered as much for the problems he seeded as he will be for the progress he made. Really at the end of the day, it is an open question whether we would have been better off without him....

Last edited:

kingat33

Alfrescian
Loyal

the doctor display selfless behaviour,

your old fart motherfucking Lee kuan yew is not... he amass million for himself. what a low life.

agree completely.......that old monkey can bring all his money into his grave or not? senile old monkey indeed :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

kingat33

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Ex-MM Lee did not turn up for his birthday party, ST use 2011 photo....

His younger son represented him at the Chinese Chamber of Commerce event.
Not too sure how much time he has left.

But like it or he has been a large part of our lives. Perhaps outside of our parents, his impact has been great if not greatest.

I remember when I was a young boy, the older folks would tell me LKY this and LKY that. He had this giant stature that no prime minister after him could even come close to matching.

Over time, I learned more about the world and understood economics and politics far deeper than I was as a kid. I'm convinced he did not build a system that can actually last. The great pillars of democracy, justice and equality were not holding up this nation. It is held up instead by elitism, capitalism and corporatism. Singapore's GDP may have grown rapidly ..and our wealth far exceeds countries around us but under LKY's direction we took short cuts and worked our way along an unsustainable path. This is why there is so much more resistance against the PAP pulling us along....something must give ...something is wrong...

The main thing I resent about LKY's authoritarian rule is his harsh treatment of political opponents. It was unfair and unnecessary ...and serve only to concentrate power in his hands and that of his party. These actions too will have long term consequences.

You can say he did it "his way". But he has taken us on an unsustainable path, if history is to go by, it is an implosive path with a dead-end. Today the wheels are fast falling off the vehicle of progress we have traveled with. Inequality and poverty is making a strong comeback. I also believe our economy has taken the wrong path drinking from the same river that caused the financial crisis - a high level of debt, speculation and financial engineering.

I'm sure when LKY goes, his system will soon follow. He will be remembered as much for the problems he seeded as he will be for the progress he made. Really at the end of the day, it is an open question whether we would have been better off without him....

No doubt the answer is BETTER OFF WITHOUT HIM !!!

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think the objective of starting this thread to question why a current photo cannot be used, especially when the entire point of the picture is to go along with a statement wishing the old man happy birthday. That is the purpose of possessing a brain.

Nelson Mandela celebrated 95 years recently. Check out the pics used by many in South Africa, especially the mainstream media there.

Also, it is apt to note that many, if not most, obituary pictures you see published in the ST are of people whose pictures were taken perhaps 10, 20, or even 30 years earlier.

A mind is like a parachute: it works well when it is open.

Last edited:

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

lky_banner.JPG

Happy Birthday Mr Lee Kuan Yew , the greatest leader of Singapore, the best politician we will ever have.

Last edited:

iluvgst

Alfrescian
Loyal
but if he drop dead now then tg. pagar have to have by election...like that ki chiu chan have to start sweating again if not sway sway end up like our georgie boy...

no by election for GRC if one incumbent mati. Only if whole team mati then by election.