• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

TOC Chief Editor to set up panel to regulate cyberspace for PAP

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
We should have seen it coming. The PAP will not allow the strident criticisms and attacks on its leaders and policies to continue unabated in cyberspace for long.

Following the torrent of vitriol in cyberspace directed against PAP MP Seng Han Thong who was set upon fire by a 70 year old man which must have stunned the PAP, Rear-Admiral Lui Tuck Yew dropped a hint in Parliament of the government’s “disappointment” at the reaction from the ground which is a sign of further regulation to come.

Realizing the futility of pouring in state resources to patrol the internet, the PAP has resorted to making use of “credible bloggers” in cyberspace to disparage and discredit others who do not toe the official line.

One of them is of course the unofficial spokesperson for Singapore’s blogosphere, ex-YPAP leader and TOC Chief Editor Choo Zheng Xi. Whenever the state media needs to spin a tale about netizens, he will be there to speak out on our behalfs.

In an interview published on The Straits Times Insight on 21st February 2009 (read full article here), Choo mooted the idea of community moderation to rein in on wayward bloggers who dare to stand up to the establishment:

Read rest of article here

http://wayangparty.com/?p=5427

funglung

Alfrescian
Loyal
"If nobody is afraid of me, I’m meaningless."

You will fear them only if you allow yourself to fear them.

Just because THEY want you to fear them, must you fear those fucking bastards?

THEY ONLY CAN RULE YOU , AND BLED YOU , THROUGH FEAR AND INTIMIDATION.

SINKIES,

FIND YOUR BALLS AND STAND UP TO THEM.
THEY WILL THEN FEAR YOU.

AND YOU REGAIN YOUR MONEY AND YOUR FUTURE AND YOUR CHILDREN FUTURE.

DO NOT LET OUR MONEY GO TO FUND PAP DOGS FRENCH COOKING LESSONS

DO NOT DIE IN OLD FOLK HOMES IN JB.

FIND YOUR BALLS AND STAND UP TO THEM

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think its important to note that in a non-partisan blog like The Online Citizen, its main purpose is to offer a site where non-PAP people, and pro-PAP people, and politically neutral people can come together and produce articles of interest, that provoke awareness and thought.

Its main purpose is not to become a partisan political website, and as such, it's pretty much where democracy is living because people of different political views can come together and debate issues in a lively, professional way and understand that in any form of differences, its of professional, not personal nature.

Now I'm not sure of the underlying motive of all those TOC critics in spreading rumours in other sites. But I do understand is that although TOC, being bipartisan and fair in their politics do offer a place for healthy discussion, no-one can offer everything to everyone. There will be some who continue to question TOC despite its best intent to bring all of us to a better level of understanding and of good substantial debate.

This should be encouraged, and not be slammed. If we say we are democrats, then its absolutely essential to practice it as well, don't we?

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are you sure TOC is non-partisan ?

One of its writer has been launching veiled attacks against SDP and its supporters at the behest of PAP !

I think its important to note that in a non-partisan blog like The Online Citizen, its main purpose is to offer a site where non-PAP people, and pro-PAP people, and politically neutral people can come together and produce articles of interest, that provoke awareness and thought.

Its main purpose is not to become a partisan political website, and as such, it's pretty much where democracy is living because people of different political views can come together and debate issues in a lively, professional way and understand that in any form of differences, its of professional, not personal nature.

Now I'm not sure of the underlying motive of all those TOC critics in spreading rumours in other sites. But I do understand is that although TOC, being bipartisan and fair in their politics do offer a place for healthy discussion, no-one can offer everything to everyone. There will be some who continue to question TOC despite its best intent to bring all of us to a better level of understanding and of good substantial debate.

This should be encouraged, and not be slammed. If we say we are democrats, then its absolutely essential to practice it as well, don't we?

funglung

Alfrescian
Loyal
You will fear them only if you allow yourself to fear them.

Just because THEY want you to fear them, must you fear those fucking bastards?

THEY ONLY CAN RULE YOU , AND BLED YOU , THROUGH FEAR AND INTIMIDATION.

SINKIES,

FIND YOUR BALLS AND STAND UP TO THEM.
THEY WILL THEN FEAR YOU.

AND YOU REGAIN YOUR MONEY AND YOUR FUTURE AND YOUR CHILDREN FUTURE.

DO NOT LET OUR MONEY GO TO FUND PAP DOGS FRENCH COOKING LESSONS

DO NOT DIE IN OLD FOLK HOMES IN JB.

FIND YOUR BALLS AND STAND UP TO THEM

GO ALL OUT TO KICK ALL THOSE BASTARDS OUT

ALL OF THEM

DO NOT WAIT UNTIL ELECTION TIME
THE TIME TO ACT IS NOW!

TALK TO YOUR FRIENDS AND YOUR RELATIVES.

SUPPORT OPPOSITION PARTIES WITH YOUR TIME AND MONEY AND STAND BY THEM AND WITH THEM.

THEY SPEAK FOR YOU AND TRY TO SPEAK FOR YOU.

NOT LKY AND HIS BASTARDS IN WHITE WHO ONLY WANT YOUR MONEY AND TO FUCK YOU.

IF NOT FOR YOURSELF, THEN FOR THE FUTURE OF YOUR CHILDREN

THERE WILL NOT BE AN OBAMA AS PRESIDENT OF USA IF THE CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT THERE WAS INTIMIDATED BY BEATINGS AND LYNCHINGS IN THE PAST.

THE TOBBLING OF LKY WILL NOT BE EASY, AND CAN BE BLOODY AS WELL.
THEY WILL NOT GIVE UP THE BILLIONS THAT THEY SUCKED FROM YOU AND CAN CONTINUE TO SCREW FROM YOU NOW AND IN FUTURE.

ONLY YOU HAVE THE POWER TO SAY 'NO MORE OF THAT' AND THROW EVERYONE OF THOSE BASTARDS OUT

Sinkies must organise themselves

Show that they got balls and can stand up to LKY intimidation.

Big money at stake.

Already 400++ billions got sucked and bled by LKY into his Temasick and GIC

EVEN IF NO ELECTIONS, SINKIES MUST SPEAK WITH ALL THEIR FRIENDS AND ALL THEY KNOW

STAND UP TO THAT BASTARD LKY AND PAP BLOODSUCKERS

STAND WITH ALL THOSE THAT FIGHT BASTARD LKY

OR STAND UP YOURSELF IN YOUR CONSTITUENCY

DONT BE BULLIED BY THAT FUCKING COWARD LKY USING HIS CORRUPT KANGAROO COURTS AND ALL THAT HE CAN, AND WILL THROW AT YOU

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are you sure TOC is non-partisan ?

One of its writer has been launching veiled attacks against SDP and its supporters at the behest of PAP !

They are a bipartisan website and hence if some do have balanced criticism of all opposition parties and of the PAP, then its warranted. Legitimate arguments are fair game, as long as its of professional reasons and not of personal.

I can't say for other sites, honestly because of these two main criteria. As I said, no-one should hammer another site just because its not SDP. This is not about SDP or any other party. It doesn't mean that if other parties don't follow this party, it's not considered as an opposition party.

This is not "my way or the highway" mode. Its not democracy.

captainxerox

Alfrescian
Loyal
despite what the gavment say, they sure regulate juz before elections. in 2001 got some registration act which (old) new sintercom then closed down. in 2006, got the no videos etc act nbut everyone farkcare and shoot rally vidoes anyway.

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
I got a feeling that TOC will be the only blog granted a permit by MDA to film the rallies and to report on the event.

That's why the media has been promoting TOC on a daily basis to increase its prominence.

Don't forget that TOC is full of ex-PAP members like Remy Choo, Andrew Loh, Gerald Giam and Tan Kin Lian (30 years being a PAP cadre !!!)

despite what the gavment say, they sure regulate juz before elections. in 2001 got some registration act which (old) new sintercom then closed down. in 2006, got the no videos etc act nbut everyone farkcare and shoot rally vidoes anyway.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are a bipartisan website and hence if some do have balanced criticism of all opposition parties and of the PAP, then its warranted. Legitimate arguments are fair game, as long as its of professional reasons and not of personal.

I can't say for other sites, honestly because of these two main criteria. As I said, no-one should hammer another site just because its not SDP. This is not about SDP or any other party. It doesn't mean that if other parties don't follow this party, it's not considered as an opposition party.

This is not "my way or the highway" mode. Its not democracy.

TOC is mostly critical of PAP policies and had been critical of other opposition parties at times, other than SDP.

I guess you need to report only on the SDP AND report it with only the good things to be credible, in the context of some people. Seeing this reminds me of what PAP has been doing to the mainstream press.

I think if SDP/Chee comes to power and puts them in charge of SPH, we won't see much changes. For everyone's sake, Chee better take in charge of media liberalisation himself.