• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

To Xiaomi Redmi 2 fans : Need your advice

Arcadia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Should i save $30? Thanks.

h40I2uT.jpg

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Should i save $30? Thanks.

No. Go for the 16 GB model. In this day and age where people store their MP3s and e-books on their phones, 16 GB is the bare minimum.

I think the Mi4i is the better buy, for just $80 more: full 1080p HD, 13 MP camera, 5" IPS, 1.7 GHz quad-core.

Arcadia

Alfrescian
Loyal
No. Go for the 16 GB model. In this day and age where people store their MP3s and e-books on their phones, 16 GB is the bare minimum.

I think the Mi4i is the better buy, for just $80 more: full 1080p HD, 13 MP camera, 5" IPS, 1.7 GHz quad-core.

thanks but Mi4i has no expansion slot. need it for basic use, no games. for 1gb ram is it slow?

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thanks but Mi4i has no expansion slot. need it for basic use, no games. for 1gb ram is it slow?

1 GB RAM is OK.

Redmi 2 is just an entry model. The Mi4 (only Chinese/HK markets) gives the best value: high-end specs for mid-end prices. I bought one for my son off Ali Express. It comes with a 64 GB version if you want to play games.

Arcadia

Alfrescian
Loyal
1 GB RAM is OK.

Redmi 2 is just an entry model. The Mi4 (only Chinese/HK markets) gives the best value: high-end specs for mid-end prices. I bought one for my son off Ali Express. It comes with a 64 GB version if you want to play games.

thank you!

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
but i dislike apple. looks like there's no other choice than android.

the problem with android phones is that the hardware manufacturer has no clue about ram memory needs of each successive android os updates from google. samsung was struggling with the lack of info from google on the jelly bean upgrade on the galaxy s3 back in 2012. for insurance and "future-proofing", the ram was upgraded to 2gb way back then in order to avoid os issues. 1gb ram will struggle when you have multiple apps running on top of the android os.

http://www.androidauthority.com/galaxy-s3-jelly-bean-update-details-samsung-ram-98158/