• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

TO ALL: Please Have Lunch At NUS Arts Canteen To See This.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gahmen will tell u... they are meant to spur the competitiveness spirit of Sinkaporean students! :rolleyes:

i_am_belle

Alfrescian
Loyal
i m not surprised ...

bcos if u go to the 5th floor study lounge at NLB building, the students studying there are all locals ... they are mostly students from MDIS-monash, las vegas university of hospitality, and other distance-learning foreign institutions ... i asked them why they have to study at the NLB lounge ? their school is not a real campus, only a small building, or in some cases, a few classrooms, so they have no place to go to study for tests or do assignments ...

sometimes ST publishes the names of gradruands of foreign unis who are convocating - you will see a lot of local names ...

this goes to show many, many local kids have not been accepted by the local unis ... so im not surprised its foreigners who get places in the local unis ... local kids all end up in the polys, and then take the private route to university ...

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
i m not surprised ...

bcos if u go to the 5th floor study lounge at NLB building, the students studying there are all locals ... they are mostly students from MDIS-monash, las vegas university of hospitality, and other distance-learning foreign institutions ... i asked them why they have to study at the NLB lounge ? their school is not a real campus, only a small building, or in some cases, a few classrooms, so they have no place to go to study for tests or do assignments ...

sometimes ST publishes the names of gradruands of foreign unis who are convocating - you will see a lot of local names ...

this goes to show many, many local kids have not been accepted by the local unis ... so im not surprised its foreigners who get places in the local unis ... local kids all end up in the polys, and then take the private route to university ...

A great number of them didn't do really well in their poly or jc results to get into NUS, simple. If they are good, we don't see why they won't be admitted.

i_am_belle

Alfrescian
Loyal
A great number of them didn't do really well in their poly or jc results to get into NUS, simple. If they are good, we don't see why they won't be admitted.

the standards of the local unis have been artificially raised to admit the cream of the crop from around the world ... so many local kids can't make the grade ... the govt doesnt care though, what matters to the govt is NUS' world ranking ...

if anyone wants to complain - govt will say that they have provided locals with many places in the poly which is considered post-secondary education, isnt that good enuff ?

besides poly provides skill-based learning, so poly grads will have the skills to 'feed' themselves in their respective industry, and not depend on the govt to 'feed' them ... having to 'feed' dependents - be they old folks, handicapped, unemployed - is what this govt fears most, next to loss of political power ...