• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

TJS and group to form new party

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any new party is welcome. TJS will be a strong magnet. Voters are looking up to well qualified people to increase the volume in parliament, and TJS will fit the bill. However, the Opp camp must organise the battle turf so there's no vote splitting, so that everywhere where the PAP is weakened, there is a strong challenger.

really? Welcome anybody?

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course there are trade offs in anything. The alternative is a lacking party that guarantees you absolute candidacy but you have to put in even more hard work and that just to keep your deposit. I am not sure if that is any less of a "hard yard"; the reverse might be more true.

Agree and it's good if there was another party right now with WP's strength. Not only will we have an opposition back-up, the likelihood that WP and this party can work out a united front is higher.

Too many cooks spoil thee broth. Even in the UK, it's two major parties.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sigh..after decades of tyrannic rules...there are still desires for quality candidates.
A decision should have been contrived by now to oust PAP regardless of qualification.

Voting the opposition candidate is to vote out the PAP. The better the opposition candidate, the lesser the chances of the PAP being voted back in soon.

The opposition should field candidates in all the seats but that doesn't mean they should not look for the best ones they can find.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Voting the opposition candidate is to vote out the PAP. The better the opposition candidate, the lesser the chances of the PAP being voted back in soon.

The opposition should field candidates in all the seats but that doesn't mean they should not look for the best ones they can find.

3 corner fights do not always favour the opposition.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree. The logistical nightmare to organise a campaign for a GRC is real. One has to take on mighty PAP and People Association. WP proved that door to door visits delivers. Not the PAP version where they knock the door and run version.

3 PAP MPs have been converted to full time MPs to shore up their defences and to test the results. Clearly a control test is taking place.

One does not need just door to door visits but visits by people who can for a bond with residents in a mere 3 minutes or so. Looking at PAP candidates and flunkeys one suspects the reverse might happen when pitted against the WP.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Eric Tan and I are not one of the founders of TJS's party. We are at the moment, non-partisan and independent.

I know there are a lot of rumours going around about me forming party with XXX and I really do not know why there is so much interests in me forming a party in the first place. For the record, I am NOT going to form any party just yet.

Goh Meng Seng

The Penetrator

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eric Tan and I are not one of the founders of TJS's party. We are at the moment, non-partisan and independent.

I know there are a lot of rumours going around about me forming party with XXX and I really do not know why there is so much interests in me forming a party in the first place. For the record, I am NOT going to form any party just yet.

Goh Meng Seng
Fat pig you already join PAP !

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Goh Meng Seng

Job stability is important. It brings home the bread. Stay put where you are. Free flowing essentials from PAP HQ is not something that one trifles with!

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That's obvious and prudent. Now assuming you have a barber in your ward comes 2016 who would you vote?

PAP or the hair remover?

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I really don't quite understand why WP people and IB are so afraid and scare of me forming a party. Well, WP is SOOOO STRONG AND POWERFUL, why afraid of 3 corner or multi-corner fights, especially from me? I am really nobody lah! Most probably if you put me in Punggol East and contest against Lee Lilian and PAP, I will lose my election deposits. Or put me in Hougang against Png Eng Huat, also sure lose my election deposits, right? If you really think so, why worry? These two are the weakest links of WP's group of MPs. Or even put me in Joo Chiat, JJ will still win Joo Chiat SMC and I will lose election deposits also! Haiz! Sometimes, I really wonder why you people are so worried over nothing.

Goh Meng Seng

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I really don't quite understand why WP people and IB are so afraid and scare of me forming a party.

Imagining things again, I presume.

Most probably if you put me in Punggol East and contest against Lee Lilian and PAP, I will lose my election deposits. Or put me in Hougang against Png Eng Huat, also sure lose my election deposits, right? If you really think so, why worry? These two are the weakest links of WP's group of MPs. Or even put me in Joo Chiat, JJ will still win Joo Chiat SMC and I will lose election deposits also!

Exactly. We know. That's why I said you are imagining things again.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Most probably if you put me in Punggol East and contest against Lee Lilian and PAP, I will lose my election deposits. Or put me in Hougang against Png Eng Huat, also sure lose my election deposits, right? If you really think so, why worry? These two are the weakest links of WP's group of MPs. Or even put me in Joo Chiat, JJ will still win Joo Chiat SMC and I will lose election deposits also! Haiz!

Well said. I have added to your points.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Very soon there will be a Pinoy party and then a China party and an Ah Neh party and that will be the day the PAP will shit in its pants....

Meanwhile, any new Opposition party must accommodate the new citizens to break the iron grip of PAP, because their population is pretty sizable. If not, it is difficult to break the iron grip of PAP with the present Opp parties.

Winning one or two GRCs next election by any Opp is playing into the PAP's trap. As long as the 2/3 majority is not broken, it is a hollow victory, just like now.........a total waste of time, as nothing changes in parliament, as Opp is toothless.

In fact, there is no way to turn back the clock. Singapore belongs to both the new citizens and old citizens. Get used to that and make use of that. If not, 2016 will just be another non-event.

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
let me guess..."one day you're strolling in the park, pondering about your political future, you sat under the tree for a rest, something fell onto your head...and you're enlightened"....good for you

I really don't quite understand why WP people and IB are so afraid and scare of me forming a party. Well, WP is SOOOO STRONG AND POWERFUL, why afraid of 3 corner or multi-corner fights, especially from me? I am really nobody lah! Most probably if you put me in Punggol East and contest against Lee Lilian and PAP, I will lose my election deposits. Or put me in Hougang against Png Eng Huat, also sure lose my election deposits, right? If you really think so, why worry? These two are the weakest links of WP's group of MPs. Or even put me in Joo Chiat, JJ will still win Joo Chiat SMC and I will lose election deposits also! Haiz! Sometimes, I really wonder why you people are so worried over nothing.

Goh Meng Seng

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
TSJ is the right person that can take on LHL AMK GRC, we put our netizen funds in him to get rid of useless LHL quickly. Get rid of LHL can get rid of his Temasick bedroom mate, and all their families linked toGLCs appointment title holders, BODs, and all PA linked contractors, and the list goes on.

We might have heard from the grapevine for some time, but here's the official news from Zaobao.

http://www.zaobao.com.sg/realtime/singapore/story20140523-346429

Sorry it's in Chinese and I'm not too good with translations.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Goh Meng Seng

Mr Goh, to show that you are not funded by PAP, pick a one-to-one fight with a pap mp eg. Dr. 6 fingers.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
think so highly of yourself?

1. you got money? No money for deposit ksmlj?

2. can you lead , or a born leader?

3. Have you got passion in politic?

4. Are you the peoples' person?

5. Are you prepared to work hard for your constituency and be consistent donig work for the people?

Goh Meng Seng