• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tin Pei Ling vs Chen Show Mao – and a very scary thought

cowbellc

Alfrescian
Loyal
'We have a population of slightly more than three million. Every year, we obtain 100 people of high quality and political leadership potential. From that number, we end up with just 20 to 30 people. 'We source them from every profession, every business field, but to be successful in politics, you have to join it when you are in your 30s and 40s, when you are not tied down by your ways and are able to feel how others feel when you make your rounds, making appeals, shaking hands, kissing babies and so forth.

So elder says that. then what is that 27 years old doing when she didnt even reach that age yet?

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
straits times really very good at hyping pap worthless candidate. wonder if they will do the same to opposition. i read both articles, and can straight away tell that temasek review article carries more substance and logic. dun believe...read both and you will know what i mean.

i have nothing against this lady but the thought of paying her 15k which she can spend on her new york fashion clothes(from the picture) really irks me. she is just too young, not fit to be mp, good enough to be grassroot,yp leader.

is pap trying to use her to show to the masses of young and restless, that they can connect with them,or imply that if they come join pap, they can also one day be like her? what is the real motive for staging her as pap candidate? i am suspicious...:rolleyes:

http://blogs.straitstimes.com/2011/3/30/tin-pei-ling-s-the-one-to-watch

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
骄兵之计??? 故意向敌军示弱,以助长其骄傲情绪,使其轻敌大意的计策。
maybe they send her out only to test response rather than seriously want to field her. just to make oppo let down their guard. then they field other so call heavy weight candidates instead of her, when oppo lax in GE campaign effort.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
'We have a population of slightly more than three million. Every year, we obtain 100 people of high quality and political leadership potential. From that number, we end up with just 20 to 30 people. 'We source them from every profession, every business field, but to be successful in politics, you have to join it when you are in your 30s and 40s, when you are not tied down by your ways and are able to feel how others feel when you make your rounds, making appeals, shaking hands, kissing babies and so forth.

So elder says that. then what is that 27 years old doing when she didnt even reach that age yet?

Chee first went up for election at 30

Steve Chia at 27

LKY became PM at 36.

I seriously don't think age is a factor

Think this is the same post I replied to a while back I'll use the same reply

Tin has 7 years experience doing gassroot work for PAP. Chen had been living overseas most of the last couple of years. If anything Chen doesn't deserve to be elected anymore then Tin is. However Sylvia Lim is another matter altogether. It would be a shame if Tin gets into Parliament yet someone like Sylvia Lim gets left out

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP dog,

age is not a matter. i agree. if she so capable, send her to smc. not grc and hide inside woody's pants ok.:oIo:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think even with 3-corner.

Nah

I break it down for U

PAP confirm votes: 30%

Opposition confirm votes: 30% but split 2 ways coz 3 corner = 15% each

Lao Tiko vote for Tin Pei Ling: 10%

Assuming neutral votes Chen gets extra 5%: 15% each

The other 2 split evenly
PAP: 5%

Other opposition: 10%

Tin Pei Ling: 45%

Chen 30%

Opposition: 25%

Chen will lose in 3 way fight but he will win in a straight fight

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you look at historical stats of 3-cornered contests, the split vote theory didn't work. It has always been PAP against one other party, the rest lost deposits. JBJ won a 3-corner before in Anson. In Marine Parade, GCT team was 70%+, CSJ team 20+% and the other two teams lost deposits. There's no such thing as even split in opposition votes in multi-corners. The trend is clear. PAP voters are PAP voters. Opposition voters in masses swing toward the one party with the highest profile and credibility in case of multi-corner. The very educated and informed middle ground voters decide who wins.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you look at historical stats of 3-cornered contests, the split vote theory didn't work. It has always been PAP against one other party, the rest lost deposits. JBJ won a 3-corner before in Anson. In Marine Parade, GCT team was 70%+, CSJ team 20+% and the other two teams lost deposits. There's no such thing as even split in opposition votes in multi-corners. The trend is clear. PAP voters are PAP voters. Opposition voters in masses swing toward the one party with the highest profile and credibility in case of multi-corner. The very educated and informed middle ground voters decide who wins.

My stupid scenario base on fantasy pull out of my ass some more can add in Lao Tiko votes U shouldn't take very seriously I meant that as a joke.

In the case of a 3 corner fight, WP will probably get more votes against other parties. Why do U think GMS's balls suddenly shrink and plan to move his team out of MK GRC

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
My stupid scenario base on fantasy pull out of my ass some more can add in Lao Tiko votes U shouldn't take very seriously I meant that as a joke.

In the case of a 3 corner fight, WP will probably get more votes against other parties. Why do U think GMS's balls suddenly shrink and plan to move his team out of MK GRC

NSP was one of the teams that lost deposits in that Marine Parade BE. If he asks candidates to pay their own deposits and campaigning costs to contest M-K knowing its PAP - WP there, only IMH millionnaire inmates would do it, or else pay for them. Not only deposits and campaigning costs, but also wages for wasting their time too.

seebaysong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Well... I know of somebody who is in the youth wing, up and coming banker who is married but screwed around so blatantly and refused to get back with wifey until wifey no choice but to divorce him.. ya ya ya... quality pple selected and shortlisted :biggrin: