• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Time to look into PAP Town Council acct?

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
In his speech at a National Day dinner held in Hougang in July this year, SM Goh urged Hougang residents to “study the annual accounts of the town council to ensure that the funds are properly used”.

Now it has been revealed by the press that some PAP Town Councils have lost few percentage of their sinking funds in the purchase of Lehman-linked products, is it time for us to relook into the accounts of these Town Councils ?

I did a check on the websites of the 14 PAP Town Councils as well as the 2 opposition Town Councils and none have published their accounts online.

Given that the sinking funds of the Town Councils are public funds contributed by residents, shouldn’t its balance sheet be made public for us to know how it is being managed ?

Read rest of article here:

http://wayangparty.com/2008/10/30/is-it-time-for-us-to-look-into-the-accounts-of-pap-town-councils/

SevenEleven

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes...true. I still cannot make out why the TC had become an investment arm when they are just suppose to be maintaining the estate

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If they hike Town council conservancy fee, we will know something is very very wrong in their accounts.

myjohnson

Alfrescian
Loyal
Obviously they have been over charging residents for decades.

Tell us about it. S&C charges plus one season parking's cost is equivalent to half of condo's excluding security, tennis courts, gym, club house, sauna and swimming pool and parking lots. But when you are handling sheep, you want to shear, you shear. meeh...........eehh......eehh....bleat....bleat.

sherrry

Alfrescian
Loyal
......... Given that the sinking funds of the Town Councils are public funds contributed by residents, shouldn’t its balance sheet be made public for us to know how it is being managed ?
Well, that means no need for accountability, and that also means, they get to do whatever they please with the $. Was there transparency from the beginning? I guess not.

About time the people start demanding some answers.

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unfortunately, the only people making noise now are bloggers.

Well, that means no need for accountability, and that also means, they get to do whatever they please with the $. Was there transparency from the beginning? I guess not.

About time the people start demanding some answers.