• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tiger Airways accuses AirAsia boss of making a racial slur

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If I remember correctly, wasn't Air Asia first denied the rights to operate out of Singapore some years back? The SG govt gave some cock and bull reason, then shortly after the Budget Terminal as well as Tiger Airways were set up.

From the anecdotes of my acquaintances, Tiger Airways really sucks. Flights are frequently delayed and even cancelled. Air ticket buyers, beware.

Could it be that Tiger Airways is rapidly losing market share to its rivals (Jetstar Asia, Air Asia etc), thus this outcry about racism was raised to inflict bad PR upon Air Asia?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If I remember correctly, wasn't Air Asia first denied the rights to operate out of Singapore some years back? The SG govt gave some cock and bull reason, then shortly after the Budget Terminal as well as Tiger Airways were set up.

From the anecdotes of my acquaintances, Tiger Airways really sucks. Flights are frequently delayed and even cancelled. Air ticket buyers, beware.

Could it be that Tiger Airways is rapidly losing market share to its rivals (Jetstar Asia, Air Asia etc), thus this outcry about racism was raised to inflict bad PR upon Air Asia?

You know the thing about racism is that for it to work it has to be a so-called weaker race being the victim. Like a black african person for eg. For an ang moh it's really really a long long shot. Ang mohs still command quite a high level of respect how to complain of racism especially when they are the ones mostly committing the worst racist acts.

Like in singapore the majority race here are chinese and despite the fact that they don't bully minorities the way ang mohs do chinese cannot complain of racism despite the fact that many of them are victims of racism. That's how the way the world works.

That's why i was really really really :rolleyes:when that dumb ang moh called that racism.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
20101017.092203_14505594---13_01_2010.jpg

PETALING JAYA: A war of words has erupted between two budget airlines in the region, with Singapore-based Tiger Airways accusing the AirAsia boss of making a racial slur with his "white guys" remark.

AirAsia group chief executive officer Datuk Seri Tony Fernandes' comments to Bangkok Post on Tiger Airways' plan to partner Thai Airways to set up a budget carrier in Thailand, has left its management fuming. Fernandes, however, is sticking to his guns and not budging.

Tiger Airways is headed by Tony Davis, a British, who is both president and chief executive officer of the airline. He was also the founding managing director of bmibaby, a British low-fare carrier which took off in 2002.

In the Bangkok Post article, Fernandes was quoted as saying he was sceptical over Westerners running any successful Asia-based businesses, pointing out that Thai AirAsia is run by a Thai management that is well versed with the local and Asian markets.

"We're Asians, not a bunch of white guys running the airlines," Fernandes was quoted as saying.

The report irked Tiger Airways which issued a statement, saying they were "disappointed and surprised" by Fernandes' "racial remarks against Tiger Airways".

"While we understand that we are intensifying the level of competition with our expansion across Asia, resorting to racial slurs is unbecoming and unnecessary," the statement issued on Friday said.

Reports by Singapore?s The Straits Times and TODAY said Fernandes stood by his comments, and that his remarks were neither racial nor a general statement of all Westerners running Asia-based businesses.

"I gave my honest opinion. I was just talking about the Westerners in Tiger Airways' management who do not know Asia very well," Fernandes told The Straits Times.

He also told the daily that there were many Westerners in AirAsia and AirAsia X management.

In the Bangkok Post interview, Fernandes joined other industry figures in questioning the move to create Thai Tiger Airways (TTA), claiming that Tiger Airways was an ?odd? choice for a business ally given its problems, especially with pilot shortage and flight cancellations.

"They have not yet been able to solve their problems, so what are they going to teach the Thai (Airways)," Fernandes told the Bangkok Post.

___________________________________________________--

Thai airasia 51% owned by shincorp, which is owned by temasick.
Tiger, also owned by temasick.
therefore, if we follow anti monopolistic business philosophy, temasick must sell its shares in one of its Thai units.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
...From the anecdotes of my acquaintances, Tiger Airways really sucks. Flights are frequently delayed and even cancelled. Air ticket buyers, beware.

Took Air Asia before.
Forward trip delayed 3 hours
already on the way to Changi from other side of Singapore.
Too late, taxi fare already paid.

Homeward bound trip - also delayed.
KNN already checked out of hotel early in the morning.
Delayed 4 hours in ulu airport.
Catch up sleep in airport coffee shop instead,

Wrote to Air Asia - no reply.
Wrote to Ah Neh Fernando, also no reply.
Red makes me angry.

KNN swear never Air Asia again - even if it is One ringgit!
Air Asia - Apa Apa pun boleh!!!
Mana boleh? Always, Always late!

SIA is still the best.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
___________________________________________________--

Thai airasia 51% owned by shincorp, which is owned by temasick.
Tiger, also owned by temasick.
therefore, if we follow anti monopolistic business philosophy, temasick must sell its shares in one of its Thai units.

Thais are not stupid.
Only when Tiger is making good money, then they play monopolistic rule.
They learn from Indonesia which forced Temasek to sell Telco company only when it was making money. Before that, they diam, diam collect quiet money.

In the meantime, thank you Tiger for creating jobs to feed Thai families.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SIA is still the best.

Not fair to compare a budget airline like AirAsia with SIA. Must compare Apple to Apples such as AirAsia, Tiger, jetstar,...

SIA is not the best. It has not been the best for a number of years.

Based on Skytrax surveys for 2010 it was Asiana, 2009 it was Cathay Pacific, 2008 it was Emirates, 2007 it was Emirates,....

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
Took Air Asia before.
Forward trip delayed 3 hours
already on the way to Changi from other side of Singapore.
Too late, taxi fare already paid.

Homeward bound trip - also delayed.
KNN already checked out of hotel early in the morning.
Delayed 4 hours in ulu airport.
Catch up sleep in airport coffee shop instead,

Wrote to Air Asia - no reply.
Wrote to Ah Neh Fernando, also no reply.
Red makes me angry.

KNN swear never Air Asia again - even if it is One ringgit!
Air Asia - Apa Apa pun boleh!!!
Mana boleh? Always, Always late!

SIA is still the best.

That is because they know that you are a worthless sinkie, so no service for you. ANd pls, if you want to throw shit at others, put some proof first.

Andox

Alfrescian
Loyal
AirAsia is already a leading budget airlines in Asia and you can see how they are expanding in Malaysia...Tiger unfortunately, struggling to breathe and have to deal with all kinds of operational problems....sometimes the result speaks really for AirAsia, compared with Tiger which is fast becoming a joke.