• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tiananmen dissident Wuer Kaixi condemns Trump as an enemy of American values

Picasso

Alfrescian
Loyal

Tiananmen dissident Wuer Kaixi condemns Trump as an enemy of American values

PUBLISHED : Monday, 14 March, 2016, 1:59pm
UPDATED : Monday, 14 March, 2016, 8:30pm

Agence France-Presse

152e6466-e9a8-11e5-bb15-d58a421cbfc6_1280x720.JPG

Wu’er Kaixi said on his blog: “I think I can speak for all fellow exiled and imprisoned Chinese in condemning Trump”. Photo: AFP

A former leader of the Tiananmen Square protests in China has lashed out at US presidential hopeful Donald Trump, whom he dubbed a “privileged comeback king”, and warned America is at risk of abandoning its cherished freedoms.

Wuer Kaixi said he was speaking on behalf of Chinese democracy dissidents everywhere in condemning the provocative property magnate, who was criticised last week after describing the 1989 pro-democracy demonstrations in Beijing and subsequent crackdown as a “riot”.

“Speaking personally, after 27 years in exile from that ‘riot’... I think I can speak for all fellow exiled and imprisoned Chinese in condemning Trump,” Wuer wrote in a commentary posted on his official Facebook page.

“I am not alone in appealing to the very same Americans who offered Chinese such as myself refuge when our own government deserted us to put aside partisan disputes and unite against Trump,” the activist said.

In a televised exchange, Republican front runner Trump was quizzed about his 1990 comments on the student-led protests and government crackdown that costs hundreds, possibly thousands, of lives, in which he referred to “the power of strength”.

Speaking on CNN, Trump insisted he was not endorsing the Chinese Communist Party’s brutal response, which saw the military brought in to crush the protests.

“I said that is a strong, powerful government that put it down with strength,” he said.

“And then they kept down the riot. It was a horrible thing. It doesn’t mean at all I was endorsing it.”

Wu’er lived in the US after fleeing China in the aftermath of the protests, but has resided in Taiwan for the past two decades.

He has tried to return to China on several occasions, but has been denied entry each time.

“Politically, in China, nothing has changed - if anything it has become worse in recent years,” Wuer said.

“Trump, a privileged comeback king from a litany of failed fast-buck business scams, is an enemy of the values that America deeply defines itself by: the same values that have long provided hope to the victims of oppressive power worldwide.

“Those of us who have fought for freedom anywhere in the world worry that something is about to change in America.”

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this fat lump of turd has been sucking liberal american cock for too long. no voter in america cares any shit what he says.

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This guy cannot speak for the Chinese. He an ethnic Uyghur, who might anytime turn and become a member of ISIS.

From WIKI :

Orkesh Dölet, or Uerkesh Davlet (Uyghur: ئۆركەش دۆلەت), commonly known as Wu'er Kaixi ("Orkesh", from the transliterated Chinese name: simplified Chinese: 吾尔开希·多莱特; traditional Chinese: 吾爾開希·多萊特; pinyin: Wú'ěrkāixī Duōláite), is a Chinese dissident known for his leading role during the Tiananmen protests of 1989.

As an ethnic Uyghur, he was born in Beijing on February 17, 1968 with ancestral roots in Ili Kazakh Autonomous Prefecture, Xinjiang. He achieved prominence while studying at Beijing Normal University as a hunger striker who rebuked Chinese Premier Li Peng on national television. He was one of the main leaders of the pro-reform Beijing Students' Autonomous Federation, and helped lead abortive negotiations with Chinese officials.

He now resides in Taiwan, where he works as a political commentator. His attempts to turn himself in to Chinese authorities have made him one of the most visible dissidents in recent years. He has run for office in Taiwan's Legislative Yuan twice