• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat This Week's Fit Chiobu - Chen Simin

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singapore #Fitspo of the Week: Chen Simin​

Be inspired by the success stories of fitness influencers, celebrities, models and trainers in Singapore​

Cheryl Tay
Cheryl Tay
·Contributor
Mon, 9 October 2023 at 1:00 am GMT+1

Singapore #Fitspo of the Week Chen Simin is a UI/UX designer.

Singapore #Fitspo of the Week Chen Simin is a UI/UX designer. (PHOTO: Cheryl Tay)
Life goes beyond the digits on the scale and your body is capable of so much more! Yahoo’s #Fitspo of the Week series is dedicated to inspirational men and women in Singapore leading healthy and active lifestyles. Have someone to recommend? Hit Cheryl up on Instagram or Facebook!
Name: Chen Simin (@siminlovecheer)

Height: 1.5m
Weight: 47kg
Food: I focus on improving my nutrition and body composition by following a sustainable diet. Eggs, lettuce and protein shakes are staples in my diet.
Exercise: I hit the gym three times a week, with a split of leg day, shoulder day and back day. I also attend cheerleading training two times a week.
Q: When you were younger, were you active in sports?
A: Absolutely. When I was very young, my mom asked about my preference for sports, and I expressed my keen interest in ballet and dance — that's how I developed my flexibility.
When I was a teen, a close friend introduced me to artistic gymnastics and I fell in love with it instantly. Then in my polytechnic years back in 2008, I was introduced to cheerleading as well. The incredible stunts I watched on YouTube fascinated me, which inspired me to join cheerleading.
Aside from gymnastics and cheerleading, I enjoyed various sports such as soccer, basketball, badminton and running. Staying active and embracing challenges became essential parts of me.
Simin plays many sports, including soccer, basketball, badminton and running.

Simin plays many sports, including soccer, basketball, badminton and running. (PHOTO: Cheryl Tay)
What did you get into as you got older?
I am currently focusing on cheerleading and getting better at my stunts. Despite my strict workout and diet regime, I ensure that I have occasional cheat meals with my friends.
Two years ago, I tried calisthenics because I wanted to do a muscle-up. Despite being a novice, I managed to do it within a short span of three months. Accomplishing this challenge was incredibly satisfying!
What are some highlights of your cheerleading journey?
When my team, Nova All-Stars, won double championship titles in the team categories in 2016 – that was the biggest highlight. Having my best friend compete beside me made it even more special!
What are some of the challenges you face in cheerleading?
I could not control my body effectively due to insufficient muscle development when I first started. As a cheerleader, I had to maintain a certain weight for optimal performance. It has been an ongoing battle for me. Things got better when I started working out at the gym.
I also used to suffer from mental blocks when doing a basket toss. A basket toss is a stunt that requires the bases to toss the flyer into the air and the flyer has to perform a skill mid-air before landing back in the cradle – in the bases’ arms. I was able to overcome my mental block eventually.
Then, in 2018 I fractured my right metacarpal bone. Despite the injury, I competed in the Cheerleading World Championship held in Orlando, USA. We won 10th position in the Coed Premier among many teams from different countries.
Simin competed in the Cheerleading World Championship in Orlando despite carrying an injury.

Simin competed in the Cheerleading World Championship in Orlando despite carrying an injury. (PHOTO: Cheryl Tay)
But because of my injury, I did not get the chance to tumble. I also could not perform one of the partner stunts. It was one of the most challenging moments of my cheerleading career. Nonetheless, no matter what challenges may come my way, my dedication remains unwavering. My love and passion for this sport drives me to give my 100 per cent.
When you were younger, did you experience any incidents that made you feel insecure about yourself?
During my younger days, my peers often taunted and ridiculed me because of my thighs. This teasing continued when I embarked on cheerleading. With this issue resurfacing, my self-esteem hit rock bottom.
At times, I felt so disheartened that I even contemplated using drastic measures, such as taking a pen knife to cut away the extra fat to reduce the size of my thighs. Thankfully, these were all in the past.
You also take part in physique competitions.
Yes, I am fortunate that I can take part in both cheerleading and physique competitions, the most recent being the FIF Dennis Worldwide Classic PRO/AM 2022 and the CAS National Cheerleading Championship 2023. After months of hard work, I won third place in the Miss Bikini Model award. As for this year’s cheerleading championship, my team was the first runner-up.
My passion for fitness and cheerleading impacted my perspective on life. I may have experienced hardship, but I also tasted the fruits of my perseverance and determination in these competitions. I have learned to embrace and fight against my challenges with courage and strength. Life is always full of ups and downs, but I will always get stronger physically and mentally after each ordeal.
Simin also takes part in physique competitions.

Simin also takes part in physique competitions. (PHOTO: Cheryl Tay)
When did you feel the least confident about yourself?
I typically feel the least confident after bodybuilding competitions. It is impossible to be at your peak physique all year. During the off-season period, I had to take a break and rework my diet and workout regime. My cravings increased dramatically and my weight piled on. The clothes got tighter and I felt like a fishball.
In 2020, during the COVID-19 period, I began to understand my body better and learned to control my cravings while balancing my caloric intake. Since then, I have maintained a physique that I am satisfied with.
Did you ever struggle with your body?
I have always struggled with my weight. As I aspire to be a flyer, it is important to keep my body weight low for the best performance. I was not blessed with a naturally thin body, so I need to be stringent with my diet and exercise routine.
Are you satisfied or content with your body now?
Indeed, I am satisfied with my physique today. Yet I am aware that there is always room for improvement and growth.
Do you get any comments about your body?
Over the years, I have received various comments about my body, both good and bad. Online users who want to achieve the same physical results would send me messages asking how I did it after seeing my progression photos.
On the other hand, I also received my fair share of negative comments. These online users left comments saying that they dislike how I am training as it is making me “too muscular”.
I love and thank my supporters, as they inspire me to work even harder. As for those unkind remarks, I ignore them. After all, YOLO!
Singapore #Fitspo of the Week: Chen Simin. (PHOTO: Cheryl Tay)

Singapore #Fitspo of the Week: Chen Simin. (PHOTO: Cheryl Tay)

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Her neh-neh reminds me of 小笼包. Squeeze a bit all the juice will cum out liao.... Next !

d8e98208107a4d9_w1080_h864.jpg