• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

This Sinkie m&d has more filial piety in worshipping ancestor than an average Confucious Chink

Tun Tija

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singaporean man, family visit Malaysia to clean tombs of historical figures​

Tuesday, 16 Apr 2019 12:22 PM MYT
By Melanie Chalil

Tun Teja’s mausoleum is one of the tombs Omar Jamail and his family clean monthly. — Picture via Twitter/@The_Endie

Tun Teja’s mausoleum is one of the tombs Omar Jamail and his family clean monthly. — Picture via Twitter/@The_Endie

PETALING JAYA, April 16 — Most individuals would make a trip to the graveyard to pay respects to their dearly departed.

But for one Singaporean courier driver, the love for ancient Malay warriors and nobility keeps taking him back to cemeteries just for the sake of cleaning the old tombs, according to Malay portal mStar.

Omar Jamail, 55, self-funds the unconventional activity of cleaning the graves of past dignitaries such as sultans or kings, princes, royal palaces and Malay female warriors recorded in chronicles or historical books.

Among the historic tombs Omar often visits with his wife, Jamaliah Majid, 55, and their three children include Tun Teja’s tomb at Kampung Pengkalan Samak, Merlimau, Melaka.

Tun Teja was the consort of the eighth Sultan of Melaka Sultan Mahmud Shah, who escaped the invasion of the Portuguese in 1511, according to the Malay Annals.

She was said to have died on the way to Muar, Johor before being buried at Kampung Pengkalan Samak.

The charitable Singaporean family want to ensure the history of the old tombs is preserved.

Bringing along with them tools such as brooms and dustpans, Omar and his family take at least half an hour to clean up a mausoleum’s surroundings.

“Anywhere that has an old tomb, I will be there. If not the Malays themselves who care for and clean the graves, who will?” he told mStar while cleaning Tun Teja’s tomb.

“Even though we’ve never met them and only know their tales through history books but their efforts to uphold religion, race and our homeland should be appreciated.”

Besides Tun Teja, Omar and his family often visit the mausoleums belonging to Hang Tuah, Sultan Hussein and Sultan Ali in Melaka.

The grandfather of four grandchildren has been cleaning tombs since 2011, even venturing as far as Langkawi to tidy up Mahsuri’s mausoleum and a well left behind by Hang Tuah believed to be in Grisek, Thailand.

His regular presence at old tombs has even caused some locals to believe Omar is of noble lineage.

Asked whether he experienced paranormal experiences while spring-cleaning tombs, Omar said nothing unusual has happened, despite popular belief.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Potential terrorist
I get the feeling too. And being a sinkie, he should be cleaning the tomb of Yusof Ishak instead of those mudlanders.

And to prove he is not a terrorist, he should clean the tombs of Benjamin Sheares, Wee Kim Wee, Ong Teong Cheong, etc etc. I think they are all at Kranji State Cemetery.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hang Tuah. Hanh Jebat
hang all malays...dead ones are good onrs

That's what we thought too. But in recent years, there has been speculation that Hang Tuah and other famous Hang warriors of Melaka could have been chink instead. So, these characters have been quietly ditched by the UMNO and other pro-m&d political parties.

Now Hang Tuah has been officially demoted to fictional character.

1636760714277.png

Certain historians have suggested that Hang Tuah's legacy is false and mythical, as scholars have been engaged in intense debates on his existence and lineage.

Such claim were made by historians such as Emeritus Professor Tan Sri Khoo Kay Khim which was highly publicised back in 2012, and Universiti Malaya's Professor Dr Ahmat Adam.

Last December, Ahmat was quoted as saying by Malay daily, Berita Harian, that Hang Tuah is "a fictional character that existed in the classic texts of Sejarah Melayu and Hikayat Hang Tuah only".

"Those who are historians must remember, Sejarah Melayu is fiction which can be termed literary history text but not a historical text," he reportedly said.

Many Malaysians have since subscribed to this increasingly popular belief.

So, when lawyer Azhar 'Art' Harun stumbled upon a page about Hang Tuah in a Year 4 Sejarah textbook, he was appalled

1636760618519.png

He questioned if the Ministry of Education (MOE) was aware of the "difference between folklore and history", and was even more baffled at the content that was being introduced in the syllabus.

In one of the pages that was apparently found on Primary 4 students' Sejarah textbook, Hang Tuah was described as a "brave" person for "saving the bendahara from people who were running amok" and "wise" for "eating sayur kangkung (water spinach) without chopping them to have a good look at the Chinese emperor"

Taking the matter to Facebook, Azhar posted two images with the accompanying caption, "This is from an actual Standard 4 Sejarah book. Our Education Ministry doesn't even know the difference between folklore and history by the look of it."

"Assuming Hang Tuah is a historical figure - which in itself is a subject of polemic - surely the parts about him defeating several amok-ing persons to save the Bendahara and him eating kangkung in China as a ploy to look at the Emperor's face do not qualify to be categorised as history."

"If those were history, I suppose the parts about him jumping into a pool of poo to save the Sultan's horse and going to Pahang to charm Tun Teja for the Sultan too can qualify as history," he added.

https://says.com/my/news/hang-tuah-in-sejarah-textbook

Tun Tija

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also find this amusing and more of a folklore.
wise" for "eating sayur kangkung (water spinach) without chopping them to have a good look at the Chinese emperor"

Can't the editor of school textbook use some logical reasoning to discern between fact and not so probable "fact". Otherwise the school history textbook become some sort of children story book.

Tun Tija

Alfrescian
Loyal
I get the feeling too. And being a sinkie, he should be cleaning the tomb of Yusof Ishak instead of those mudlanders.

And to prove he is not a terrorist, he should clean the tombs of Benjamin Sheares, Wee Kim Wee, Ong Teong Cheong, etc etc. I think they are all at Kranji State Cemetery.
I notice someone is cleaning and offering joss stick at the supposed Parameswara grave at Fort Canning hill. Maybe it is this same sinkie m&d.