• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

This policewoman very steady

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Badguy takes hostage.

Police react instead of trying to finesse the situation.

Result, one dead badguy,, and one safe hostage.

Savings to Chinese taxpayer, PRICELESS.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg152-e.htm

if this the weapon the policewoman use, either she very brave or she very stupid. This is not HK police action movie, what she did was very dangerous to the hostage. Most short barrel pistol have the effective range of only 5m, beyond that the bullet will stray from the aiming point. i concur she fire from a very short distance but i strongly believe the police must first consider the safety of the hostage/victim, only when there no choice that the police shd fire it weapon.

wahlaneh

Alfrescian
Loyal
So slow how can, now in fashion is 5 in 1....but then I guess our boys only good in simulation....no air-con cannot shoot...:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

wahlaneh...
oredi said is revolver shooting practice liao lor.
some more still a sec sch guy where got real shooting before?
got lah shoot water pistol or beat handgun 打手枪 got lah.:biggrin:

nickers9

Alfrescian
Loyal
She is actually quite capable, I won't think Wong Ah Seng's home team woman can do that. But I am unsure if that deployment tactic was correct because she seems to be the ONLY SHOOTER that 公安 had depended on. That is unsafe. A textbook police deployment for that situation would be several snipers on rooftops near by or from windows opposite or hidden in vans on the street, covering that spot from several angles.

I hope at least Wong Ah Seng's world class home team can at very least do this sniper part right, for the sake of our peasants. :rolleyes::cool:

I am writing tonight here and on blog about what Wong Ah Seng' mata did with huge mata deployment at Speakers Cornered on 16.Sept.2006 WB-IMF. I think I can write several parts of that story.

Would you believe that only just for Dr. CSJ said he intended to march to Parliament + Suntec + Istana on that day, they hovered 2 RSAF Puma helicopters above that area each day? And on at least the 1st and last day of the 3 days stand-off there was at least 10 mins that a Puma was directly hovering above Speaker Corner.
:oIo:famiLEE LEEgime!

http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?t=65668

http://uncleyap.blogspot.com/2010/07/activists-repeatedly-caught-familee.html

Wong Kan Seng is only very good at doing simple and easy job like harassing and fine the opposition parties.

If you asked him to do a difficult job like watch guard Mas Selamat, he'll definitely cock up. That's why Selamat can escaped under his nose and even ran out from Singapore.

If not because of his relatives Lee Hsien Loong, I think he is sacked long ago.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wong Kan Seng is only very good at doing simple and easy job like harassing and fine the opposition parties.

If you asked him to do a difficult job like watch guard Mas Selamat, he'll definitely cock up. That's why Selamat can escaped under his nose and even ran out from Singapore.

Flasehood must be exposed and myths smashed, for people to realize what we are living in and then for realistic solutions to be sorted to replace the famiLEE LEEgime's fake fantasies.

They are coming apart bit by bit already.:wink:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
only question : was there an immediate NEED for deadly action? ie: shooting the guy 1 time, then another 3 more times after.

It's quite clear that she's no normal patrol officer incognito in plainclothes. She's a trained negotiator and markswoman. As for the four shots, they were of course necessary, more if she deemed fit. The hostage taker still had his knife and his hostage in his hands. Anything short of ensuring he's dead might mean a fatal plunge of his knife into the hostage.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Simplier job of ensuring SINgaporeans safety like getting corporation to guard vital public transport, he can't do. Are you a 'member'???? :p

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would differ on this view... however evil the man may be, it must be the law that pronounces the judgment on him and not the weapon in our hands. The weapons in our hands are for subduing those who do not submit to the law and not exact the letter of the law on behalf of the law.

I am sure the first shot had more than disabled the man if not already taken his life. After the hostage fled, she continues to rain a 3 more shots.

The first shot was heroic but the subsequent ones were like after killing a cockroach, one resort to hammering it flat for extreme vengeance. Hear her shaking voice at the end, - it bothers between relief and guilty.

I believe though judgment must be exacted on the perpetrators, but greater restraint and inner strength is needed to uphold the law as the final executor of the punishment and not the enforcer.

She is a hero - no doubt and no less, I hope she goes for therapy now.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I would differ on this view... however evil the man may be, it must be the law that pronounces the judgment on him and not the weapon in our hands. The weapons in our hands are for subduing those who do not submit to the law and not exact the letter of the law on behalf of the law.

The weapon in the hand of the law enforcer is not only meant to subdue the criminal, but also to ensure innocent public safety. If the criminal had held no hostage at knive-point, your position is valid.

I'd give you an example in Singapore. Let's not name names. About 20 years ago, more than 10 detectives ambushed a known gunman and cop-killer in a coffeeshop. He was riddled with more than 40 shots.

What was the justifying reason? Any possibility of him pulling his trigger could mean another officer dead or innocent public dead.

It's legal commonsense to exercise self-defence, protect the innocent instead of the suspect first, when it comes down to the byeline.

zuoom

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's quite clear that she's no normal patrol officer incognito in plainclothes. She's a trained negotiator and markswoman. As for the four shots, they were of course necessary, more if she deemed fit. The hostage taker still had his knife and his hostage in his hands. Anything short of ensuring he's dead might mean a fatal plunge of his knife into the hostage.
the lady very calm. even after the shooting, her response to the camera man was a "no idea/dun know" smile smile reply.

probably a QRF or Swat.

yes, the number 2, 3, 4 shot is probably to make sure the guy stay down n dead. (without the ability to come back n hurt someone.)
it's the number 1 shot that's most crucial. go, no go?

was there an immediate imminent threat to either the hostage or her life? if yes. her action is correct. doesn't matter if it's a popular choice or not. if no, then it will depends on popular opinion.

we can expect to see a little bit more on that lady in the near future.

Last edited:

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
we also cannot comment.

for all you know she practises that exact scenario, that exact stance, day in day out.

still, i think if they wanted to kill the man, a sniper would've been much cleaner, quicker and safer. but that's spf style, based on what i know of star training.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So what? 36 years ago i oso taken hostage by robber!

sg-nathan2m.jpg

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Actually I dunno why so many dickheads here cow pei simi lan chow!! Now a PRC cop shot a criminal, they praise PRC cop (which is correct), but they also condemn Singapore police and say they dare not fire.

Earlier this year, when Singapore cop shot an armed man in the MRT.. The same dickheads cow pei cow boo here and say that the cop should not open fire!! Dunno talk what cock!!

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_474587.html

:mad::mad:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
You must understand that only Incompetent Cowards who deeply fear for their own insecurity will act in such ways as Old Dog Thief Lee Kuan Yew & his famiLEE LEEgime.

On the contrary if you were a confident regime and trust the assurance of the numbers and strength of your own core supporters, you only need to at those who oppose. If you are well establish and confident with your own political field you would have won over your competitors or defeat them by political measures. You will never need to hide behind 154th media control, kangaroo courts, mata, Gurkha, fake CUNT union, rubber stamp parliament, defamation lawyers, ghost writers, minions, running dog RC CCC, tons of falsehoods and hypocrisies etc. You can confidently meet any time face to face with your competitor in person and win hands down.

What is LKy made of uniquely Singapore, you decide.:biggrin::cool:

Even just fighting as a peasant independent from political parties, I feel very relax and easy, I enjoy even my trips to QRP & Changi Hotel, I need not be Kiasu nor Kiasi, I have lots of rooms to cut some slacks to make jobs easy for the civil servants sent by famiLEE LEEgime to fix us. I won their support and favors most of the time, that is why things are easy for me everywhere. Do I need to be so desperate and greedy and coward like LKy? Do I look like I am interested to get any political office or governmental position at all? :cool:

I just enjoy fixing the bastards the way they deserved exactly.:p

I think you have a great point. Too many sinkies live in fear. And they live in fear over the simplest things. The whole thing can be put on the shoulders of Old Goat. He was the one that inculcated a culture of fear and pettiness. Very unbefitting a great man that he wants to be. Real leaders are naturally admired and tolerate and WELCOME questions and criticisms of their policies. It makes them a better person when they can re-examine their decisions from another point of view. In S'pore there is only one POV, and that is Old Goat, and that POV is always right. Even Jesus wasn't perfect. But Old Goat is.