• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

This Gilbert Goh is a confusing prick

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Gilbert's Facebook posting 15 hours ago .....

I apologised to alll foreigners who are offended by the article on my transitioning website Characteristics and behaviours of foreigners living here. Its rude and insensiitve to their feelings. I am trying to remove the article but couldnt due to the sudden huge influx of readers to the site. I have all along advocate that we should respect one another and dont want to stir up unpleasant xenophobic sentiments within the country. Once again my sincere apologies and please forgive my insensitive article. I will ltake it down asap. Please forgive me. Please come to our event tomorrow and we want to welcome you.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
He is indeed very much a loose cannon. Prior to the PEBE he wrote a lengthy piece as to why he felt it was unlikely that WP would win. He claimed that CSM was not part of WP's CEC and said that this had to do with some internal intrigue in the party. Then there is the fact that he was linked to the below story, which I found very troubling:

http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%2BNews/Singapore/Story/A1Story20110827-296490.html

That is why I said to people that it is the background of the organisers and some of the people speaking at the Hong Lim event that puts me off going.

It is troubling indeed. TRE has a history of being anti WP. Not that people don't have the right to be so, but they took it to the streets in 2007 by distributing flyers at Toa Payoh. They also harassed Gerald Giam offline and snapped pictures of Andrew Loh's HDB home and posted it on the internet forums. These folks have an agenda.

Gilbert Goh is associating with them and possibly even being moderator.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
nsp has to fight off pap and wp in future political battles. gilbert has every right to be concerned about his political future , he has to start writing off wp. it's an uphill task. but his organising of this protest is a great move to uphold the nsp brand and credit himself.

More like discrediting the NSP brand (or what little the NSP brand has in the first place). This rally is a great idea, I just don't like it being helmed by someone like Gilbert or by an organization like transitioning.org

Its 3.42 and as you can see, I am definitely not going.

paulhong

Alfrescian
Loyal
i'm not going either. not going to listen to another election rally. tired of those.

gilbert tried migrating to aussie and was rejected? maybe he should rethink about his slogan about QUALITY of foreigners. maybe he doesn't fit into the bill of a quality foreigner in australia or so does that mean we singaporeans should accept low quality singaporeans such as gilbert goh? :rolleyes:

Letter from Gilbert Goh Keow Wah,
Sydney, New South Wales

More like discrediting the NSP brand (or what little the NSP brand has in the first place). This rally is a great idea, I just don't like it being helmed by someone like Gilbert or by an organization like transitioning.org

Its 3.42 and as you can see, I am definitely not going.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i'm not going either. not going to listen to another election rally. tired of those.

gilbert tried migrating to aussie and was rejected? maybe he should rethink about his slogan about QUALITY of foreigners. maybe he doesn't fit into the bill of a quality foreigner in australia or so does that mean we singaporeans should accept low quality singaporeans such as gilbert goh? :rolleyes:

Gilbert couldn't make a living in SG, so went to Aussie. Couldn't cut it in Aussie too, so headed back to SG, just in time for GE2011 under NSP.

Not exactly the kind of opposition MP i would like to have. A quitter twice over, and nothing to show for it except for his perpetual xenophobia which drowns out all the other legitimate issues.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Gilbert's Facebook posting 15 hours ago .....

I apologised to alll foreigners who are offended by the article on my transitioning website Characteristics and behaviours of foreigners living here. Its rude and insensiitve to their feelings. I am trying to remove the article but couldnt due to the sudden huge influx of readers to the site. I have all along advocate that we should respect one another and dont want to stir up unpleasant xenophobic sentiments within the country. Once again my sincere apologies and please forgive my insensitive article. I will ltake it down asap. Please forgive me. Please come to our event tomorrow and we want to welcome you.

useless fella, another attention seeker trying to capitalise on the pap evil white paper for political gain and yet sway even before the event is hold. IF YOU ARE READING THIS, WHAT IS YOUR STAND GILBERT GOH!!! YOU ARE BRINGING SHAME TO THE EVENT YOU ORGANISE!!!

JPMorgan888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: What did NSP Gilbert Goh write? WHy he need to apologies?

860465_608921465800944_13098114_o.jpg

Gilbert Goh is just a sad example of the type of sinkie the govt wants to replace. Not productive but make a lot of noise. Just like a certain race.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: What Gilbert Goh said about foreigners in Singapore

At least he got this part right:

7. Indonesians

Bad habit: Tend to spend as if there is no tomorrow

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I heard Gilbert hangs around Joo Chiat at times...anyone seen him there before? He love foreigners expecially Viets and pinays...

g3abc

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard Gilbert hangs around Joo Chiat at times...anyone seen him there before? He love foreigners expecially Viets and pinays...

What was Gilbert's past profession before he was retrenched ?
I heard he was ike,..working for some "ST division",..was part of "the establishment"
..poor horny prick got the better of the man's judgements,...as other recent examples show,..

JPMorgan888

Alfrescian
Loyal
So easy to get heir buy-in? Sing Majulah Singapura can liao

Malay reader requesting for second protest event

Dear Mr Gilbert.

I did not attend the protest. Honestly, sincerely wish I had.

Despite not attending, I followed closely online mostly via Temasek Review.

It brings joy and hope to see your event was so successful.

On my part, I post on Facebook messages which are in line with the protest’s message.

I wrote one about how I have many good foreign friends and how would love to accommodate, welcome and hang out my friends from all over the world as guests in my tiny apartment.

As guests, but not as my tenants.

I wrote about how much rental income that could generate for my parents but not without highlighting the decline of quality of life with such a scenario, as the apartment is unfortunately just that small.

I wrote that the same time the protest was ongoing, to spread awareness of the dire consequences of the White Paper.

However small my audience may be, I did generate likes (even though not hundreds or thousands) from friends of all races, both Singaporean and Foreign.

I am telling you this because, despite the fact that there are many who did not physically attend, these very people are extremely passionate about Saturday’s message.

Trust me, there are many many more out there like me who share the same sentiments with those who were present at Hong Lim Park on Saturday.

The western and foreign media has shone well deserving positive light on the event.

Many have read articles regarding the protest on BBC, The Guardian, Bloomberg and Reuters to name a few, and many more will read regarding its success.

I have seen pictures and today, I got to listen to YouTube Videos of the speeches recorded.

I CRIED listening to the National Anthem.

What gave it the extra ‘kick’ for me as that I speak and understand the Malay language.

The meaning of the National Anthem lyrics in such a context gave me goosebumps and I sobbed uncontrollably.

Even after the event is over, immortalized moments captured in video and audio is still capable to move those who were not present.

The message will live on for as long as we still care and crave a brighter future for our children.

Please, please do have a second Protest.

Light shone by the media has assisted your cause to open up the eyes of Singaporeans.

People (including myself) will not be as skeptical and paralyzed as they once were when it comes to the very idea of a Protest.

A second protest will show that many many more has joined the cause, and decision makers will (hopefully) have no choice but to reflect on the Motion they passed on the White Paper and amend their grave error.

Let the world pay attention to this issue as supporters of this view are too many and protests are too frequent.

We cannot afford to wait till the next election.

How many more new citizens will there be until then?

We must relentlessly carry on this struggle for a better future for us, and the future generations of Born and Bred Singaporeans.

Please do not let critics and skeptics think the event is a one-off affair.

We must keep reminding ourselves and the world that this will not be over until we gain our confidence in the future.

Please please organize a second protest.

Thank you for giving the Average Singaporean a Voice and congratulations for the wonderful turn out and success of the event.

Hope to attend the second one.

Regards,

A Singaporean.

extramarital

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Gilbert couldn't make a living in SG, so went to Aussie. Couldn't cut it in Aussie too, so headed back to SG, just in time for GE2011 under NSP.

Not exactly the kind of opposition MP i would like to have. A quitter twice over, and nothing to show for it except for his perpetual xenophobia which drowns out all the other legitimate issues.

Gilbert Goh is a typical loser cum quitter who couldn't earn a decent living in Singapore and migrated to Australia. Can't make it in OZ and returned to SG to try his luck playing politics. He will have much better luck playing at MBS and RWS.

AhGuan

Alfrescian
Loyal
At this juncture with the ruling party losing their sense of morality and sense of service to the people, we are trying to clamp down on the bigger evil. Any opposition that can garner attention is good enough.

It is only when PAP loses the majority that we should be more stringent about the quality of the people speaking on the podium.

As it is, we have difficulty finding people with enough guts to stand up, take personal risks and be counted.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
At this juncture with the ruling party losing their sense of morality and sense of service to the people, we are trying to clamp down on the bigger evil. Any opposition that can garner attention is good enough.

It is only when PAP loses the majority that we should be more stringent about the quality of the people speaking on the podium.

As it is, we have difficulty finding people with enough guts to stand up, take personal risks and be counted.

Obviously. there are people online who do not agree with that view. Remember that it was TRE, an avowedly anti-govt blog, that first disclosed YSL's extramarital affairs, which subsequently was then picked up by the MSM. Then during the PEBE there were ultra-leftwingers who wanted the opposition vote split to deny WP victory. A couple of these SBF forummers have since vanished after the PEBE. KJ did not split the opposition vote, as they had hoped for.

So, who started all this? You expect some people to support opposition parties that did not win any seat at the last GE? Many opposition sympathisers will not do so.

AhGuan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Obviously. there are people online who do not agree with that view. Remember that it was TRE, an avowedly anti-govt blog, that first disclosed YSL's extramarital affairs, which subsequently was then picked up by the MSM. Then during the PEBE there were ultra-leftwingers who wanted the opposition vote split to deny WP victory. A couple of these SBF forummers have since vanished after the PEBE. KJ did not split the opposition vote, as they had hoped for.

So, who started all this? You expect some people to support opposition parties that did not win any seat at the last GE? Many opposition sympathisers will not do so.

I am a staunch WP supporter. But at this point in time, I doubt WP can sent enough candidates to cover all the contestable constituencies. As such, I will also give my support to the other opposition parties and hope that they can have their deserved success. It is expected that there will be participants in the opposition camp who will choose a narrow and conniving stance instead of serving for the greater good of the underprivileged. Politics do not always attract the most suitable, but also the most ambitious.

This is not the time to separate the wheat from the chaff.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am a staunch WP supporter. But at this point in time, I doubt WP can sent enough candidates to cover all the contestable constituencies. As such, I will also give my support to the other opposition parties and hope that they can have their deserved success. It is expected that there will be participants in the opposition camp who will choose a narrow and conniving stance instead of serving for the greater good of the underprivileged. Politics do not always attract the most suitable, but also the most ambitious.

This is not the time to separate the wheat from the chaff.

I don't agree with your point of view but I respect your right to hold that view.

I prefer to be discerning in my support of those who are in opposition to the PAP. That also means that I will be vociferous against those who in my opinion have been toxic. What goes around comes around.

AhGuan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't agree with your point of view but I respect your right to hold that view.

I prefer to be discerning in my support of those who are in opposition to the PAP. That also means that I will be vociferous against those who in my opinion have been toxic. What goes around comes around.

A very admirable stance.

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
NSP should not be associated with this fellow. A liabilty........... undo all the good work done by Jeanette, Nicole, Hazel, etc. A real vote loser. Poor NSP.

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: What did NSP Gilbert Goh write? WHy he need to apologies?

Gilbert Goh is just a sad example of the type of sinkie the govt wants to replace. Not productive but make a lot of noise. Just like a certain race.

Gilbert looks like a Chinese to me.

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal

Agree.

As I've been telling anyone who bother to listen to me, vote in a monkey or even a used tissue paper, to deny one more White Scum.

After we have enough healthy competition that always, always benefits the consumers, then we can slowly pick and choose.