• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

This came into my company's email

ksterk

Issue: funds wired into your account are stolen
Issue Number: 102821

Priority: Request Status: Request
Date: 10/09/2008 Time: 14:43:43
Created By: [email protected]

Description:
Entered on 10/09/2008 at 14:42:23 by [email protected]:
Dear bank account owner,

Funds wired into your account are stolen from innocent account holders through Identity Theft. Please check your account statement (the statement is attached to this letter) and contact your bank account manager.

Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
:biggrin: wat should i do. lolx

ksterk

Then fxxk it lah :biggrin: Anyway, such emails are so rampant. Thousands in my spam box since the crisis started..

y ppl spam also never read the email address than spam? lolx... nowadays ppl really so free mah?

Most likely the attached mail cum with keylogger... Waiting 4 u 2 access ur bank a/c... if u lucky, u may even get a thank u email after...:biggrin::biggrin:

pia

y ppl spam also never read the email address than spam? lolx... nowadays ppl really so free mah?

They "buy" lottery, send out a million, if even one sucker takes the bait. Ho say liao lor :biggrin: Spamming is literally free waht.

ksterk

Most likely the attached mail cum with keylogger... Waiting 4 u 2 access ur bank a/c... if u lucky, u may even get a thank u email after...:biggrin::biggrin:

so, meaning for mails like this, after u read, u better dun use ur internet banking thingy, correct? sorry, i m noob n seriously have no idea of this, pls advise

No u dun open the attached file. Del the email immediately and do a virus scan after... Also, pls note not all virus/trojan horse are detectable by anti-virus/internet security. For instance many say Kaspersky does a better job then Norton. (I being using Norton for many yrs and sometime i still encountered virus alert) After detecting it, you still have the task of removing it to worry bout. Nobody can gurantee u won't kena virus even with int security sw installed. No SW maker dare to declare their product provide 100% protection...

throw away ur pc la ... go get a new mac! ... :p

BlueCat

delete it straight away,do not even think of opening it.
normally if local banks want to ask for such details,they will send an official letter and not thru email.