• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Thinking of switching career.

chinkandoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am close to middle age (43yr). I am sick of my lifestyle, sales sales sales!!!

Meeting clients, talking cock, pleasing purchasers, drinking beer, cheong KTV!!!!

All these are fine when you are 20, but not at 43!!! :mad:

Sales report, sales target, commission delayed, clients drag payment....haiz!! It's a dog's life!!! :(

I am thinking of being a property agent/ financial adviser / MLM (legit ones like AMway)

What do you guys think? Any other career suggestions for someone like me?

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal
43yrs old.....the new age for retrenchment.
wanna join other companies oso hard.

Employers dun like old workers.
they hiam them slow and expensive.
somemore 100,000 ah tiongs are flying to singapore.
doesn't make sense to hire old sinkie over young ah tiong.

think twice hard.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p6pcEMVsOeU&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p6pcEMVsOeU&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Gotch peanuts better than no peanuts!

:( :o :(

chinkandoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
43yrs old.....the new age for retrenchment.
wanna join other companies oso hard.

Employers dun like old workers.
they hiam them slow and expensive.
somemore 100,000 ah tiongs are flying to singapore.
doesn't make sense to hire old sinkie over young ah tiong.

think twice hard.

ACtually I am not the only one feeling like this...many of my contemporaries also kena stuck...those born in the mid to late 60's are all caught by the "structural" economic change...till now still no light in sight.

jw5

Loyal
You can bring tourists round the island in your yacht, which you said is parked in Raffles Marina, but which you seldom use even though you bought it 6 years ago for $80K (second hand).

chinkandoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can bring tourists round the island in your yacht, which you said is parked in Raffles Marina, but which you seldom use even though you bought it 6 years ago for $80K (second hand).

I don't like to mix pleasure with work, if you get what I mean :biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Drive taxi?? It's a thankless job!! Look at all those Sonatas and Mercs zipping in and out of traffic.. they are FIGHTING for their livelihoods!! It's a war zone every day.!~ :eek:

For those who frequent big US city downtowns like NY, LA, Chicago or SF, you'd know the streets are filled with a sea of yellows and reds of taxis at all times 24/7/365. I think Singapore public transport policy is moving towards that direction, to squeeze that who could afford taxis out of buses and MRT trains. Can afford, don't squirrel and save. Go take a taxi, or buy a car. You may ask what happen to car-owners, how come they're taking public transport or at most taxis to work? Downtown parking in office areas is above US$1,000 per month for a lousy lot prone to graffiti with a drunkard attendant who's either drunk or disappeared.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Start a foreign bride agency...watching all the chiobu get married to RSAF man is certainly no pleasure...:biggrin::biggrin:

Tell you an open secret. US killed so many Viet men in Viet war that they dared not even resort to boasting for moral conscience and political correctness, and Viet didn't even dare correct them for purpose of pride. The Viet man-to-woman rato is about 2:5 in 80s and improved to about 1:2 in 2000s. It'll take another generation to improve to anywhere near natural balance.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Tell you an open secret. US killed so many Viet men in Viet war that they dared not even resort to boasting for moral conscience and political correctness, and Viet didn't even dare correct them for purpose of pride. The Viet man-to-woman rato is about 2:5 in 80s and improved to about 1:2 in 2000s. It'll take another generation to improve to anywhere near natural balance.

Goot for chinkandoo...can take his time to hand pick quality stock...dun end up tapau all the goot 1 for himself ...:p:p

cowbellc

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am close to middle age (43yr). I am sick of my lifestyle, sales sales sales!!!

Meeting clients, talking cock, pleasing purchasers, drinking beer, cheong KTV!!!!

All these are fine when you are 20, but not at 43!!! :mad:

Sales report, sales target, commission delayed, clients drag payment....haiz!! It's a dog's life!!! :(

I am thinking of being a property agent/ financial adviser / MLM (legit ones like AMway)

What do you guys think? Any other career suggestions for someone like me?

isn't all this another sales line?? u end up meeting another clients, another talking cock, another pleasing purchasers, another drinking coke (Macdonald), another choeng KTV. Same line, different shit.