• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

things you miss from the past?

NobleEagle

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha i remember tat, tat was ONE of the most sickening boliao time wasting scheme tat was ever implemented at the time

806e8f191a.jpg
483b39cef2.jpg

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
when i was a kid, i remember that when order Hor Fan, can bring along an egg and give it to the stall owner and he / she will add the egg to the horfan.

Now many foods no longer available, last time kway chye got lots of stuff that now dont have. Example, pig tougue, "pig face meat" (dunno the correct term).

during exam period got pig brain soup to eat.(idea was to eat pig brain to be more brainy) Now ask mum, she said now difficult to get, must give advance booking to the meat seller then can get.:(

Also previously chocolate consider a luxury. will only buy during CNY. A tin of Van Houtan Chocolate was a must have at CNY.

Ang Pow only contain $1.20.

fire crackers was not ban.

The whole kampong celebrate the festival together, unlike the "ghost town" of nowadays HDB estate.

ZMA1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also remember that - chai tao kway also can bring own egg to fry.

Sweets were 10 cents for 3.

Cigarettes can buy individual sticks from a small tin can.

Travelling hawkers who bring their entire stalls with them on wooden poles, going around my estate in Tanglin Halt - can get mee chian kway, mee rebus etc.

Playing along the railway track behind my flat in Tanglin Halt - catch spiders, catch dragonflies and tie string to them and fly them, etc.

ZMA1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought Coachman Inn gone for several years already. Last time I was there was in 2000.

My wife and I used to like going there and we usually ordered the chateaubriand - steak for 2 persons. Once I even went there in bermudas and although they had a dress code, they let me in and sat me in a corner. Service was old style and good.

ZMA1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I miss watching Bruce Lee movies in Jurong Drive in with my parents. We would bring stools and deck chairs there and set up outside the car when the movie started. Quite fun.

JWNY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Charles Jourdan...Bonia...Lawman...Cross Colours...

Giordano used to be a "frog"

JWNY

wusangui

Alfrescian
Loyal

troubledtimes

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats the good thing about Coachman's Inn, it was a real steakhouse, the environment was good as well. Restaurants nowadays is just all style and no character.

NissanViP

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nostalgia starts here...

1) A&W...Ponderosa...Randy's

2) the cigarette prices and the ability to smoke in a pub/discos

3) the old geylang pricing...S$ 40

4) 7-Eleven Softee Float

5) bubble gum...maybe

6) Masters of the Sea / Asia Bagus

7) no ERP

8) Malaysia Cup days

9) .......continue :smile:

JWNY

Oh yes.... I got a chance to screw very chio gal and at that time many of my friends also aiming at the same gal but I have to give it miss screwing her because of NS.

DAMN!

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Charles Jourdan...Bonia...Lawman...Cross Colours...Giordano used to be a "frog"
So hi-so? Me only afford pagoda brand t-shirt, byford socks/undies (for some, no need latter:o?).

And white canvass shoes prc made (only upgrade to bata's basketball shoe, no nike or adidas), kena chalk whilte (before advent of liquid whitener). 1st prc made fountain pen, > before upgrade to pilot:p Bic ball points, smudging shirt pocket et all.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And white canvass shoes prc made (only upgrade to bata's basketball shoe, no nike or adidas), kena chalk whilte (before advent of liquid whitener). 1st prc made fountain pen, > before upgrade to pilot:p Bic ball points, smudging shirt pocket et all.[/QUOTE]

Actually, liquid whiteners have been around for a LONG time - we (and probably you) used chalk because we were too lazy to whiten it properly at home. And the PRC fountain pen was probably a Hero - great the start with but the nibs wore out very quickly. The problem was I kept dropping my Parkers and splittng the gold nibs - got whacked hard hard for that.