• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Things that Singaporean should be proud of...

no_life_boy

Alfrescian
Loyal
We should not be seen only queuing up to buy the latest iphone 5 but we should also support our very own product that carry stories that are really important to Singapore.

I've bought a copy what about you?

+++

S'pore photojournalist produces picture book on Gurkhas
By Nur Isyana Isaman | Posted: 26 September 2012 1555 hrs

SINGAPORE: For the first time, stories of the Gurkha community are recorded into a book.

The picture book by local photojournalist Zakaria Zainal aims to provide recognition for the Gurkhas' contribution to Singapore.

The book also recounts Singapore's history through the lens of Gurkhas.

"I felt I was privileged in terms of the circumstances that lead me to meet (the Gurkhas)," said Mr Zainal.

"I had my internship (in Nepal), I could speak Malay, and all these factors I felt, pushed in the direction whereby I needed to record their stories which I feel are stories that are really important to Singapore."

The Singapore Gurkha Contingent was formed in 1949 to ensure security and safeguard the country.

They witnessed the pre-independence days of Singapore, including racial riots and unrest during that time.

The lack of literature available on the Gurkhas as well as their experiences, led Zakaria to publish the book.

For him, the best way to present their stories, was through writing and photography.

He took photos of more than 50 retired Gurkhas, noted each of their tales, and produced the book "Our Gurkhas: Singapore Through Their Eyes".

- CNA/xq

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buy your own product?

Morons like you should buy a thousand copies of LKY.."Hard TRUTHS" AND REALISE YEARS LATER WHEN YOU'RE OLD WITHOUT BEING ABLE TO HAVE YOUR CPF BACK, that what you read years earlier was.."SOFT LIES" ! LOL