• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

There you go children, 2 years doing NS is not sufficient to turn you into a real soldier.

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. Going to NS teaches, our men how to lie, geng and nua.

2. Our regular soldiers have it easy because the conscripts are always below them. If there is meritocracy and no conscripts, many regulars will still be corporals and sergeants after a decade.

3. We need to build an effective, committed and lean fighting professional force that can win real battles. Unfortunately, only 10-20% of our regular soldiers have that passion and qualities to fit into that category. Worst of all, many of them are led by many scholar officers whose career-vision is to enter some GLCs or stat boards to be DD or D.

If I may quote from Alexandra the Great (below), Singapore badly needs to restructure and transform our military asap,
Singapore's military is an army of sheeps led by a sheep.

encouraging-moving-on-quotes-relishquotes.jpg

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lky knew that. That's why she is using NS as brainwashing and social control.
Even better some in SAF are gungho thinking when there is war they will fight and prevail. My toes laugh!!

To LKY, his best excuse was using National Defense to keep the youth in check as well as systematically nurturing (I mean brainwashing) generations after generations of conscripts into subjugation. What broke it was the spread of the internet when the pure image of the system was lost with truth emerging freely

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

2. Our regular soldiers have it easy because the conscripts are always below them. If there is meritocracy and no conscripts, many regulars will still be corporals and sergeants after a decade.

3. We need to build an effective, committed and lean fighting professional force that can win real battles. Unfortunately, only 10-20% of our regular soldiers have that passion and qualities to fit into that category. Worst of all, many of them are led by many scholar officers whose career-vision is to enter some GLCs or stat boards to be DD or D.

If I may quote from Alexandra the Great (below), Singapore badly needs to restructure and transform our military asap,

Majority Of army recruits will be from native tribes and PAP does not want that. So very good incentives are given to retain non bumi " talents" in SAF.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal

Believe me, army filled with jlb ish more fearsome

ChinaCommunistSG

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore and ASEAN biggest threat is not Muslim, Malaysia or Indonesia. Our common enemy is Chinese communist terrorists.

I am worried for Singapore since our armies are staffed by Chinese and do they have the courage to kill their own race Chinese communist terrorists ?

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore and ASEAN biggest threat is not Muslim, Malaysia or Indonesia. Our common enemy is Chinese communist terrorists.

I am worried for Singapore since our armies are staffed by Chinese and do they have the courage to kill their own race Chinese communist terrorists ?
Does the Ruling Elites agree with your hypothesis?

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore and ASEAN biggest threat is not Muslim, Malaysia or Indonesia. Our common enemy is Chinese communist terrorists. I am worried for Singapore since our armies are staffed by Chinese and do they have the courage to kill their own race Chinese communist terrorists ?
S'porean Chinese have no affinity for PRCs. However, American Muslim soldiers have been reported to have refused to fire as well as turn their guns on their own comrades rather than fight their fellow Muslims in the Middle East.

ChinaCommunistSG

Alfrescian
Loyal
S'porean Chinese have no affinity for PRCs. However, American Muslim soldiers have been reported to have refused to fire as well as turn their guns on their own comrades rather than fight their fellow Muslims in the Middle East.
No affinity ? Just look at George Yeo, don’t need to look far