• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Worst Investment You Can Make: Buying a Home

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes but you can catch the next wave. The home I bought for $400,000 was bought in 1977 for $56,000 so the guy who sold it to me made almost 10x in a decade.

There is no good or bad time to buy property. As long as you're buying it to live in and can afford the mortgage, all you have to do is sit pretty and when you feel the price is right, sell it and move on in life.

That was what I thought too that there is no good or bad time to buy property since I am buying for own stay. So I bought my first property after saving enough downpayment. Infact, I went to book as soon as I got my bonus payment. But proven to be very wrong thinking, timing is very very important whether buying property for own stay or investment.

Nevermind, I have no intention of selling my first property. I love the place and have been renting it out for more than a decade and I plan to continue till aged 70 then sell it off. Since it is a small apartment, I can stay there or check into a nursing home.