• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Workers' Party

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The Workers' Party

Responding to China's Territorial Claims:
"should the actions of China in the South China Sea infringe on the freedom of navigation and overflight for ASEAN members, including Singapore, what will Singapore do on its own as well as in solidarity with ASEAN to respond and protect our interests?" - Gerald Giam

COS 2015 Debate: MFA – Responding to China’s Territorial Claims (NCMP Gerald Giam)

By Non-Constituency MP, Gerald Giam [Delivered in Committee of Supply on 5 March 2015] Mdm Chair,...
wp.sg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The Workers' Party

On Government Surveillance on Citizens:
"What safeguards are in place to ensure that surveillance on individuals, particularly Singaporeans, is done only for legitimate purposes, like security operations or criminal investigations?
How is the data and intelligence protected to ensure that it is not misused or leaked by those who have access to it?
Which of our laws authorise surveillance of individuals who are not targets of security operations or criminal investigations?
And lastly, what independent oversight, like the Courts or Parliamentary Committees, are in place to guard against abuse?" - Gerald Giam

COS 2015 Debate: MHA – Government Surveillance on Citizens (NCMP Gerald Giam)
By Non-Constituency MP, Gerald Giam [Delivered in Committee of Supply on 5 March 2015] Mdm Chair,...
wp.sg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The Workers' Party

On Police Use of Technology and Social Media:
"Has the Ministry assessed what manpower savings or cost efficiencies have been derived from such use of new technologies, and how policing capabilities have been enhanced? What new initiatives can we expect, and how will the police guard against their officers being “de-skilled” by over-relying on technology?" - Sylvia Lim

COS 2015 Debate: MHA – Police Use of Technology and Social Media (MP Sylvia Lim)
By MP for Aljunied GRC, Sylvia Lim [Delivered in Committee of Supply on 5 March 2015] Police...
wp.sg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The Workers' Party

On Checkpoint Security:
"It was announced in April 2014 that a Ministerial level Committee was commissioned to comprehensively review the security measures at the checkpoints and identify any systemic issues and rectify them. I have not read any statement issued publicly about what the Committee has found or recommended. However, I note from this year’s Budget Book that MHA’s operating expenditure under its Immigration and Checkpoint Control Programme shows an increase of 6.5% mainly due to enhancement of security measures at Checkpoints. May I ask if MHA can share any decisions or interim findings on the matter?" - Sylvia Lim

COS 2015 Debate: MHA – Checkpoint Security (MP Sylvia Lim)
By MP for Aljunied GRC, Sylvia Lim [Delivered in Committee of Supply on 5 March 2015] Many...
wp.sg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The Workers' Party

On Fair and Equal Deployment in MINDEF:
"The Minister was reported to have said that a person is deployed in a sensitive unit in the SAF based on his or her ability and beliefs, and not on his race. Again, I applaud the Minister and Mindef for their laudable efforts to make SAF an inclusive and open organisation that is fair and just to all Singaporean service persons. However, I note that the Minister advised caution over the fact that “people can be blackmailed”. While I agree with the Minister that we have to ensure that the people who are placed in sensitive positions in the military do not compromise our national security, I would like the Minister to clarify what kind of people does he have in mind and how can they be blackmailed." - Muhamad Faisal Abdul Manap

COS 2015 Debate: MINDEF – Fair and Equal Deployment (MP Muhamad Faisal bin Abdul Manap)
By MP for Aljunied GRC, Muhamad Faisal bin Abdul Manap [Delivered in Committee of Supply on 5...
wp.sg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The Workers' Party

On Singapore's Tuition Culture:
"I urge MOE to conduct a nationwide survey into the tuition culture...
Madam, is MOE not curious enough to study why parents are sending their children for extra private lessons despite having access to one of the best education systems in the world? I am quietly confident the results of such a survey will help MOE decipher this great mystery about our tuition culture and perhaps it will also help formulate more effective policies not just for the students but for the teachers as well." - PNG ENG HUAT

COS 2015 Debate: MOE – Tuition Culture (MP Png Eng Huat)
By MP for Hougang SMC, Png Eng Huat [Delivered in Committee of Supply on 6 March 2015] Madam, The Senior Minister of State for Education had said in this cha
wp.sg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The Workers' Party

On SAF Volunteer Corps:
"I would like to ask the Minister for an update on the number of applications received and accepted so far, and the estimated expenditure for the SAFVC in its first year of operation.
I would also like to know whether deploying volunteers alongside our NSF, NS men and regulars post security risks for SAF? Will the security vetting be sufficiently thorough especially with regards to the period of time when the applicants resided outside Singapore?
... See More

COS 2015 Debate: MINDEF – SAF Volunteer Corps (MP Low Thia Khiang)
By MP for Aljunied GRC, Low Thia Khiang [Delivered in Committee of Supply on 5 March 2015] Madam,...
wp.sg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Chen Jiaxi Bernard (陈家喜)

"They don’t like the concept of a cold and detached supermarket. It will be good to have a wet market again in Hougang. And this is what many residents here hope to see soon."

People of WP – Kenneth Foo
People People of WP – Kenneth Foo fairoz March 7, 2015 No Comments Can you share with us your experiences growing up in Hougang? “I have been living in Hougang since I was six. It is a peaceful and nice neighbourhood with many helpful people and neighbours. It is a clean and well-managed town.” What…
wpyouth.sg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=2]The Workers' Party Youth Wing (WPYW)[/h]Political Party

[h=5]The Workers' Party Youth Wing (WPYW) updated their cover photo.
[/h]7 hrs ·

10655451_10152636868743972_3839499897578634021_o.jpg

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
jbjeyaretnam.jpg

The WP is no longer the same as my time.
WP is a Silent Party.
WP members only concern their $16,000 in their bank.
Even WP Yaw Shin Leong voted for PAP.
WP is PAP
Vote for other opposition party or void their vote in Aljunied GRC, Hougang and Punggol East.

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=2]Yee Jenn Jong, JJ (余振忠)[/h]
Met a bubbly elderly lady today, probably in her 70s who walked with a spring on her feet. She went back quickly to the back of the house and emerged with cold drinks, so refreshing on such a hot afternoon for house visits. Thank you!

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yee Jenn Jong, JJ (余振忠)

Waiting to start Hammer sales with a cuppa in my name! In a market which I have not visited before. Should be an interesting morning.