• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Workers' Party

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]Cover Photos[/h]
10632750_1034625059887410_936918950089341845_n.jpg

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
From TR Emeritius

I'm Confused Leh:
February 1, 2015 at 11:18 am (Quote)

@ article
“… the WP is increasingly getting criticized …. by those purportedly from the opposition camp …..”

The ONLY matter of crucial importance with regards to your use of the word “PURPORTEDLY” is whether the Workers’ Party is “PURPORTEDLY” an Opposition political party or is it just serving the needs and interests of the PAP.
The record of the Workers’ Party, and especially its Secretary-General and MP since 1991,as I’ve shown below, which is reposted from my comments in another current thread, just goes to show that the Workers’ Party PRETENDS to serve sinkies needs, while actually serves to LEGITIMISE the tyrannical policies of the PAP
The REALITY of Singapore politics is that the Workers’ Party has been singing the PAP’s PRAISES, as for example Sylvia Lim, Chairman of the Workers’ Party and then NCMP had defended/sang the praises of the PAP justice/judicial system at the Internatinal Bar Association meeting in Singapore in 2007; that WP’s Secretary General & MP since 1991 giving the PAP “passing grade” for governance; that Sylvia Lim praised the PAP’s macro-economic policies (of growth at all cost & with sinkies being replaced by foreigners etc etc).
The REALITY of Singapore politics is that WP’s Low Thia Khiang has achieved NOTHING of substance for the millions of dollars collected from the tax payers as MP allowances & only WAYANG in Parliament.
The REALITY of Singapore politics is that ALL the other WP MPs have also contributed NOTHING of substance.
The REALITY of Singapore politics is that Almost ALL those existing and wanna-be MPs, especially those from the Workers’ Party are in or seeking to be in Parliament for the money…..self-centred and selfish as I had debunked another obvious WP IB (or perhaps a WP MP himself) in another recent thread.

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=2]Chen Show Mao[/h]The strivings of Asymptote sometimes remind me of Singapore making its way in the world -- looking to fashion a role for our talents and efforts where the world comes together.

"Dari Jepun ke bandar Cina/
singgah berlabuh di Singapura" (From Japan to China, ships anchor in Singapore) is a common refrain in the Malay pantun passed down orally since the early days of our island.

In the late 19th century, Chinese commentators observed that our island was advantageously situated between the East and West to facilitate a beneficial discourse amongst the peoples【“为亚欧之衝,见闻颇廣…集天下之公言,新吾民之耳目”】.

Asymptote is founded by a Singaporean and has two days left to meet its fund raising goal for the year.

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
From TR Emeritius

I'm Confused Leh:

@ article
“… the WP is increasingly getting criticized …. by those purportedly from the opposition camp …..”

The ONLY matter of crucial importance with regards to your use of the word “PURPORTEDLY” is whether the Workers’ Party is “PURPORTEDLY” an Opposition political party or is it just serving the needs and interests of the PAP.
The record of the Workers’ Party, and especially its Secretary-General and MP since 1991,as I’ve shown below, which is reposted from my comments in another current thread, just goes to show that the Workers’ Party PRETENDS to serve sinkies needs, while actually serves to LEGITIMISE the tyrannical policies of the PAP
The REALITY of Singapore politics is that the Workers’ Party has been singing the PAP’s PRAISES, as for example Sylvia Lim, Chairman of the Workers’ Party and then NCMP had defended/sang the praises of the PAP justice/judicial system at the Internatinal Bar Association meeting in Singapore in 2007; that WP’s Secretary General & MP since 1991 giving the PAP “passing grade” for governance; that Sylvia Lim praised the PAP’s macro-economic policies (of growth at all cost & with sinkies being replaced by foreigners etc etc).
The REALITY of Singapore politics is that WP’s Low Thia Khiang has achieved NOTHING of substance for the millions of dollars collected from the tax payers as MP allowances & only WAYANG in Parliament.
The REALITY of Singapore politics is that ALL the other WP MPs have also contributed NOTHING of substance.
The REALITY of Singapore politics is that Almost ALL those existing and wanna-be MPs, especially those from the Workers’ Party are in or seeking to be in Parliament for the money…..self-centred and selfish as I had debunked another obvious WP IB (or perhaps a WP MP himself) in another recent thread.

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=2]Daniel PS Goh[/h]
My first Youth Hammer outreach. Missed the last one because I was in Melbourne. A smaller group came today, as it is a busy January, and members streamed in late and tired, rushing down after work. But we sold out the papers quite quickly and had much fun interacting with people of all ages. We were the curiosity for most students, though quite a number came up to buy a copy to see what WP is all about.

There were two methods. Redzwan, Kong Soon and I would call out "Workers' Party Hammer" to the passers by and then make eye contact with those who seem interested. Allan and Altaff went for the personal approach and asked individuals whether they would like to get a copy. Both were equally successful, which must be why Sufian and Suresh who joined us later used both methods interchangeably!

Oh and Morris, who is a senior member, bumped into us after dinner and we gang-pressed him into looking after our bags and the stack of Hammer papers! Thanks, good man!

10943681_10152999610908972_6515554472068832108_n.jpg

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
From TR Emeritius

I'm Confused Leh:
@ article

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chen Jiaxi Bernard

Repair and Redecoration works by Aljunied-Hougang Punggol East Town Council for Kaki Bukit division, Aljunied GRC for Block 512 - 518 and Block 523 - 536, Bedok North Street 3 (Total 21 blocks). The R&R works would largely involve repainting of blocks and repairs to spalling concrete. Another routine project carried out.

10568947_10152594364871625_2773313547456589422_n.jpg

10408722_10152594364936625_2766756444861348794_n.jpg

10897739_10152594369971625_3644639239246572323_n.jpg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=2]Daniel PS Goh[/h]Do join us if you are interested, small group so limited spots available, price covers honorarium for the heritage experts sharing their deep knowledge with us and is inexpensive compared to similar tours out there

10933937_10153008607998972_3345313937060434753_n.jpg

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
From TR Emeritius

I'm Confused Leh:

@ article

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=2]The Workers' Party[/h]What made you step forward to help in WP? “Since young, I’ve grown up in an environment where we all look after each other unconditionally. So, serving and helping people came naturally to me.

But what really shocked me was how I realized so many people still fall through the cracks. Once, I met a lady who was classified as a ‘hoarder’ by the authorities. Left with nothing but an empty house and too many cats, I found that no assistance was given. Reason? Because there is currently no policy framework that caters to her complicated situation.

Well, I’m here to help those in complicated situations.”

People of WP – Tan Peiying
People People of WP – Tan Peiying fairoz February 7, 2015 No Comments What made you step forward to help in WP? “Since young, I’ve grown up in an environment where we all look after each other unconditionally. So, serving and helping people came naturally to me. But what really shocked me was how I…
wpyouth.sg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=2]The Workers' Party[/h]This week's Hammer Outreach brought us to the Serangoon division of Aljunied GRC. Thanks for stopping by to get a copy!

10988497_1038390532844196_5026396592752744342_n.jpg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=2]The Workers' Party Youth Wing (WPYW)[/h]Join the Workers' Party Youth Wing on a guided heritage tour through Chinatown on 28 February 2015. Due to limited availability, pre-registration is required. For more information, please contact Pam Chae at [email protected]. We hope to see you there and hear your views on key heritage issues facing Singapore today.

10933937_10153008607998972_3345313937060434753_n.jpg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=2]The Workers' Party[/h][h=2]Parliamentary Questions for 12 February 2015 Sitting[/h]February 12, 2015 at 11:56am
QUESTIONS FOR ORAL ANSWER*

*5. Mr Gerald Giam Yean Song: To ask the Minister for Manpower since the launch of WorkPro (a) what is the total amount of funding support disbursed, with a breakdown by funding support type; (b) how many companies have applied for and received WorkPro funding support; (c) what is the average grant disbursed to each successful applicant; (d) what proportion of the amount budgeted for WorkPro in 2014 has been utilised; and (e) how does the Ministry increase awareness among companies, especially SMEs, of the funding available under WorkPro.

*7. Mr Yee Jenn Jong: To ask the Minister for National Development from 2012 to 2014 (a) what is the number and percentage of Government infrastructure projects procured that exceed the value of S$10 million that have been awarded to the lowest bidder; and (b) how many of these tenders have been awarded taking into consideration the productivity of building methods as a tender award criterion.

*10. Ms Lee Li Lian: To ask the Minister for Communications and Information with regard to M1's outages in February 2014 and October 2013 and IDA's assessment that M1 has "taken all reasonable measures" to test the RNC software upgrade before implementing it and that there has been "no undue delay" to the service restoration (a) what are all the reasonable measures that had been undertaken by M1; (b) whether IDA's assessment of the investigation into the outages is publicly available online; (c) whether there is any roll-back plan and whether a roll-back has been effected; and (d) if so, how long did it take to make the decision to do the roll-back.

*12. Mr Png Eng Huat: To ask the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Home Affairs what is the rationale behind imposing fines on Marina Bay Sands and issuing censures to Resorts World Sentosa in the recent enforcement actions for social safeguard breaches when both are repeat offenders.

*21. Mr Png Eng Huat: To ask the Minister for National Development (a) what is the current number of HDB flat owners who rent out their entire flat or at least a room; and (b) what is the breakdown of these owners by Singaporean and permanent resident.

*28. Mr Gerald Giam Yean Song: To ask the Minister for Health (a) to date, how many private general practitioner (GP) clinics have access to the National Electronic Health Records (NEHR) system; (b) what objections to adopting the NEHR have been received from GPs; (c) what are the main difficulties that current users of the system have reported; (d) what proportion of NEHR users are maintaining the same information in parallel on both NEHR and other systems like their own healthcare clusters' electronic medical records (EMRs) system; and (e) whether the delays in fully rolling out the NEHR will increase the risk of data integrity problems.

*29. Mr Gerald Giam Yean Song: To ask the Minister for Health (a) what will Phase 2 of the implementation of the National Electronic Health Records (NEHR) system comprise; (b) how much is being budgeted for Phase 2; (c) when will Phase 2 be rolled out; and (d) when will the Government's goal of "One Patient, One Health Record" be realised.

*32. Mr Png Eng Huat: To ask the Minister for the Environment and Water Resources (a) what is the status of the tray-return initiative for hawker centres launched in 2012; and (b) what is the budget spent to date on implementing this initiative.

QUESTIONS FOR WRITTEN ANSWER

1. Mr Yee Jenn Jong: To ask the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Home Affairs if he can provide a breakdown of the number of rioting and serious hurt incidences in East Coast Park, West Coast Park and Changi Beach over the past two years of 2013 to 2014 and how many of these are linked to alcohol consumption.

4. Mr Gerald Giam Yean Song: To ask the Minister for Trade and Industry what is the percentage of rental costs out of total business costs for SMEs with (i) 10 or more employees and (ii) fewer than 10 employees, for the years 2012, 2013 and 2014, broken down by industry sector.

5. Mr Gerald Giam Yean Song: To ask the Minister for Trade and Industry how many SMEs with fewer than 10 employees have been helped by Government schemes in 2012, 2013 and 2014 and what is the (i) total Government grant (ii) total Government-supported loan amount and (iii) average quantum that is approved for each such SME in each year.

6. Mr Yee Jenn Jong: To ask the Minister for Trade and Industry in 2012, 2013 and 2014, how many Government-supported loan schemes such as the Internationalisation Finance Scheme have been used for the purpose of mergers and acquisitions abroad by Singapore-based companies.

8. Mr Muhamad Faisal Abdul Manap: To ask the Minister for Communications and Information and Minister-in-charge of Muslim Affairs (a) whether there is any balance remaining in the MUIS zakat fund after the annual disbursement exercise from 2011 to 2014; (b) if so, what is the remaining balance amount of each year from 2011 to 2014; (c) what is the reason(s) for the retention of monies in the fund annually from 2011 to 2014; and (d) what is the retention period before the balances will be fully disbursed.

10. Mr Muhamad Faisal Abdul Manap: To ask the Minister for National Development (a) what is the total number of HDB flats and private condominium units built in 2013 and 2014; and (b) out of the total number of HDB flats built, how many are meant for rental and sale respectively.

11. Mr Muhamad Faisal Abdul Manap: To ask the Minister for National Development (a) what is the number of applications received for (i) HDB Built-To-Order (BTO) flats and (ii) rental flats annually from 2008 to 2014; and (b) what is the percentage of successful applications for (i) BTO flats and (ii) rental flats annually from 2008 to 2014.

12. Mr Png Eng Huat: To ask the Minister for the Environment and Water Resources for 2010 to 2014 (a) what is the number of anti-littering campaigns that have been conducted; (b) what is the average duration of such campaigns; and (c) what is the budget spent each year.

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The Workers' Party

"This issue of Related Party Transactions in our Town Council has been the focus of much media attention. Misimpressions have been created that the Town Council Secretary and its General Manager, who are the main directors and shareholders of the company, are freely being given contracts without tender and paying themselves handsomely without accountability. Contract values have been highlighted in media headlines, as if these were profit margins. It is necessary to highlight some key facts, as these misimpressions need to be debunked." - MP Sylvia Lim

Debate on the Auditor-General’s Report on the Audit of AHPETC – MP Sylvia Lim
By MP for Aljunied GRC, Sylvia Lim [Delivered in Parliament on 12 Feb 2015] We support the motion...
wp.sg

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is time the WP hit back.

Tell the PAP that the TCs concept is costing taxpayers' money. Maintenance cost of TC would have been much cheaper if there was only one contract for the maintenance of estates, like before when the HDB was running the estates.

But for the political purpose, the PAP decided to devolve responsibility to the TC and thus the extra tens of millions in cost is incurred.

Whack the PAP hard.

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The Workers' Party

" 市镇理事会主席已经向大家作了报告,自2011年9月后,也即是接管後不久,所有发给管理代理公司的支票,除了市镇理事会执行官员的签名外,都须由市镇理 事会主席或副主席来签发。也就是说,都需要主席或副主席批准,市镇理事会的秘书,总经理,或其他的任何执行官员无法自己请款自己付款。主席也向大家报告 了,主席和副主席批准付款是依据建筑师及测量师的证书,一些电脑报告及其它信息反馈。" - Chen Show Mao

Debate on the Auditor-General’s Report on the Audit of AHPETC – MP Chen Show Mao
针对审计总长报告提出的各项课题,阿裕尼后港榜鹅东市镇理事会已做出正式书面的回应,针对这些,审计...
wp.sg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The Workers' Party

"We support the motion to strengthen the legislative framework for Town Councils. As we relook the legislative framework, we need to look at the depoliticisation of the transitioning process and the professionalising of town management so that incoming Town Councils can work to achieve good management and not be left stranded. Newly elected MPs should not be tested on whether they can build up town management systems from scratch, putting residents’ interests at risk in the process." - Low Thia Khiang

Read: http://wp.sg/…/debate-on-the-auditor-generals-report-on-th…/
Watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch…

Debate on the Auditor-General’s Report on the Audit of AHPETC – MP Low Thia Khiang
By MP for Aljunied GRC, Low Thia Khiang [Delivered in Parliament on 12 Feb 2015] Mdm Speaker, The...
wp.sg

Last edited: