• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Workers' Party

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
wp.jpg
we are One People & One family

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
from TR Emeritius

alamak:
October 6, 2014 at 10:07 am (Quote)

Kway Thia Kiang, mai wayang la… oi… wp is just a wayang party la… oi don’t wayang la oi… how come all of a sudden start talking?
ooh u all instructed to talk ah ? ohhh ok ok loh ,then u all can talk…
when will Sylvia talk?
waiting for another Doctor to break traffic rules that she can wayang in public is it ? oohhh ok ok….
what about that newly elected pungool salesgal? does she even know how to spell “”parliament ?
she who is not even worth $1800 salary is earning 16k …pui!!!!….
really la, wayang party really u ppl fooled sporean for decades… thks to internet…
real no 1 hantu party …
2014 ur report card confirm A+ in parliament discipline…
Chiam see tong would be laughing his axx out, JBJ probably farted from his grave , looking how well disciplined the current wp is….
what a 1 man opposition did , is not even met a percentage with 5 to 6 wayang party members, bloody waste of taxpayers money for warming ur backsides…

================================================== ===========

Malek:
October 6, 2014 at 3:43 pm (Quote)

no wonder this Thia Kiang visiting funeral… pleasing the dead….
maybe can appoint the entire current workers party manage
MANDAI CREMETORIUM .
anyway those wp sit in parliament, break an egg also can fry one…
sit is so hot , as and when Ah Moi Sylvia will perform jumping vampire attention seeking performance .
Really la, current wp, can also running a casket company…
since got some lawyers, they can also do the will documentation for the deceased .
I think, those who voted for wp, take the hammer knock on all the 7 immortals of wp , rather be 0 WP.
SERVE u all right ah, speak teochew all excited rite… ahh this is what u get, real damn bloody kway teow attitude, 10 yrs later cry…
nah beh u fellows deserve this

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Workers' Party

Parliamentary Questions for 7 October 2014 Sitting

October 7, 2014 at 9:40am
In Parliament this week, WP MPs raise questions on the housing, health, education, unemployment, and COE.

QUESTIONS FOR ORAL ANSWER*

*9. Mr Chen Show Mao: To ask the Minister for National Development whether the Ministry will consider tweaking the Enhanced Lease Buyback Scheme to allow the children of the Scheme's participants to buy back the balance of the lease that was sold back to the HDB, at the original valuation price upon the demise of their parents in order to further address the bequest motive and other impediments to taking up the Scheme.

*11. Mr Gerald Giam Yean Song: To ask the Minister for Health (a) which public hospitals charge patients for (i) temporary beds in tents; (ii) beds in the corridors outside the wards; or (iii) beds in the ward corridors but not in ward rooms; (b) how all these rates differ from beds in the ward room; and (c) whether stays in temporary beds in tents and in the corridors, outside and inside the ward, qualify for Medisave use or MediShield Life claims.

*14. Ms Sylvia Lim: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Development what safeguards are in place to ensure that persons who execute Lasting Powers of Attorney (LPAs) under the Mental Capacity Act act independently.

*19. Mr Yee Jenn Jong: To ask the Minister for National Development (a) if he will provide an update on the findings of the first Greenprint pilot programme in Jurong East and what items from the pilot programme will be incorporated in other housing estates; (b) what is the feasibility of the rainwater harvesting system, which is introduced in the pilot programme, being used as a flood mitigating measure; and (c) what is the current utilisation of the $1 million Greenprint Fund.

*22. Mr Png Eng Huat: To ask the Minister for National Development (a) if he will provide an update on the new technology and solutions to provide direct lift access to flats not eligible for the lift upgrading programme (LUP); and (b) whether there will be an LUP exercise specifically to provide direct lift access for these 200 flats.

*25. Mr Gerald Giam Yean Song: To ask the Minister for Manpower whether there is any evidence to support the Ministry's view that the low take-up rate for the Lease Buyback Scheme among eligible home owners may be a positive sign that most seniors have other forms of support and are adequately provided for in retirement, as opposed to any shortcomings in the design of the scheme, lack of awareness of the scheme or other reasons.

*33. Mr Png Eng Huat: To ask the Minister for National Development (a) how many HDB flat owners had taken more than two loans from the HDB; and (b) what is the qualifying criteria for such loans.

*35. Mr Chen Show Mao: To ask the Minister for Transport (a) what is the percentage of eligible senior citizens who have senior citizen transport concession cards; (b) when is the peak usage by senior citizens, according to day and week; and (c) if the Ministry will consider (i) a further fee reduction or free travel during certain periods of the day or week and (ii) conducting a study to quantify the benefits of giving seniors cheaper public transport and to assess if further lowering the fares for senior citizens will more than pay for itself in terms of other economic benefits.

*39. Ms Lee Li Lian: To ask the Minister for Health (a) what is the rationale for capping the eligibility of Enhanced Co-Funding For Assisted Reproduction Technology (ART) Treatment at age 40 and below for women; and (b) whether the Ministry will review the criteria to allow couples who are above 40 and have met all other requirements to be part of this programme.

*41. Mr Yee Jenn Jong: To ask the Minister for Manpower whether the Ministry has analysed the reasons for (i) unemployment rates among residents with degrees being higher than those of other educational levels; (ii) the high number of economically inactive degree holders below the age of 30; and (iii) the large increase in the number of economically inactive degree holders over the last decade.

*43. Mr Yee Jenn Jong: To ask the Minister for Trade and Industry for households where spending exceeds income (a) whether there is data on the types of income sources that these households use to pay for their expenses; and (b) if the Department of Statistics plans to study the spending and income patterns of these households in more detail and to release further data on this.

QUESTIONS FOR WRITTEN ANSWER
5. Mr Muhamad Faisal Abdul Manap: To ask the Minister for Communications and Information and Minister-in-charge of Muslim Affairs for academic year 2013 (a) how many students have benefited from the Tertiary Tuition Fee Subsidy (TTFS); and (b) what is the surplus amount from the non-disbursement of TTFS.

7. Ms Sylvia Lim: To ask the Minister for National Development whether HDB can automatically grant waivers or reductions of HDB rental fees for persons who are living in HDB rental flats and receiving long-term financial support under the Comcare Public Assistance scheme.

9. Mr Chen Show Mao: To ask the Minister for Health (a) what are the readmission rates for each acute hospital for each of the last three years;(b) what are the readmission rates for each acute hospital for each of the last three years for patients aged 65 years and older; and (c) whether readmission rates for each acute hospital could be published annually.

11. Ms Sylvia Lim: To ask the Minister for Transport in the last three years, how many and what proportion of Certificates of Entitlement for vehicles in each category were issued to Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and non-resident foreigners.

12. Mr Muhamad Faisal Abdul Manap: To ask the Minister for Transport (a) what is the rationale of having a single Certificate of Entitlement (COE) category for motorcycles; and (b) whether LTA will consider splitting the COE for motorcycles into three categories according to the engine capacity of the motorcycles which correspond to the Class 2, 2A and 2B licences.

Last edited:

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Workers' Party

Png Eng Huat expresses concern over parts of the Remote Gambling Bill. He calls for the Bill to be committed to a Select Committee, specifically to look into Part 5 of the Bill, which allows for Exempt Operators to operate remote gambling websites.

"While I support the principle of the Bill, I am of the opinion that Part 5 of the Bill should be re-examined and the Government should proceed with caution the provision for Exempt Operators. I therefore urge the Minister to commit the Bill to a Select Committee to specifically look into Part 5 of the Bill because it has ramifications beyond what we could anticipate."

Debate on Remote Gambling Bill – MP Png Eng Huat
wp.sg

By MP for Hougang SMC, Png Eng Huat [Delivered in Parliament on 7 Oct 2014] Madam Speaker. The internet age has certainly change the way we live, work,

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
from TR Emeritius

clash-of-the-grossly-overcharged-means-alvin-yeo-must-resign/

Wolaiye2:
October 8, 2014 at 9:32 am (Quote)

Why is the PAP so quiet now? Do they accept a rogue in their midst, and by their silence acquiesce that it is ok for a member of their fraternity to cheat without regard for professional ethic? If it were an opposition member, you can be sure that minister after minister will come forth to demand action to remove him. And where is our good PM? Seems to confirm that we have a “fair weather” PM who hides whenever the chips are down and only comes out with bravado and speeches when everything has settled down.
What about the Workers Party? Is the co-driver also sleeping? One would expect them to raise this immediately in the last Parliamentary session. Or maybe WP is really a pap shadow party as many have started to believe?

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]14.9.6 - Serangoon Mid-Autumn Celebration (Chartwell Drive Park)[/h]Updated <abbr title="Monday, September 15, 2014 at 3:14am" data-utime="1410722055" class="timestamp">about 3 weeks ago</abbr> · Taken at Chartwell Drive Park

Photo Credit: Wong Twee Liang

10390385_762724193788797_3285291499557490323_n.jpg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Workers' Party

Yee Jenn Jong argues that stronger safeguards for remote gambling are needed, and calls for the Bill to be committed to a Select Committee to examine the exemption provisions in Part 5 of the Bill.

"While I support the broad principles of the Bill to ban remote gambling, I find that there are many unanswered questions regarding the exemption provisions. I fear that once we open the floodgates to have legalised remote gambling, we may end up with very high social costs and other unintended consequences in the future. Hence, I also ask that the Bill be committed to a Select Committee to examine the exemption provisions in detail to convince Singaporeans why exemptions are necessary and if so, how we can tighten our legislation to implement very strong safeguards."

Debate on Remote Gambling Bill – NCMP Yee Jenn Jong
wp.sg

By Non-Constituency MP, Yee Jenn Jong [Delivered in Parliament on 7 Oct 2014] The Rise of Remote Gambling Madam Speaker, online gambling is increasingly

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
from TR Emeritius

Realist:
October 9, 2014 at 10:14 am (Quote)

With the $15,000 monthly paycheck I would also gladly keep silent. Good money who don’t want.
Like I said, WP is the classic PAP B team

================================================== ==========

handi:
October 9, 2014 at 10:37 am (Quote)

This senior citizen have a dammaged brain who blindly worship his WP without sense.
While you are talking about accoutable in the capacity of politicians, what integrity have your WP when they publicly condemned Roy, HHH and protesters at hLP and many negative support like PAP’s return our CPF on 65,
LTK and SL as secretary and chairman of WP have failed as politicians to provide essential constructive policies to improve lives of citizens but remain silent, siting pretty comfort with their 16K MP allowances.
But Roy was sued while voicing out every citizen’s concern and rights on the return of their CPF at 55. Don’t WP feel ashamed as politicians?

================================================== ============

TrustNoPig:
October 9, 2014 at 11:34 am (Quote)

What LTK and WP promise, they better blardy hell deliver.
Otherwise, they are no different from PAP.
So don’t spout nonsense about WP strategy. WP did promise to slap the DRIVER hard if they are caught sleeping.
We want politicians with higher level of integrity and deliver what they promise. Otherwise, why campaign in the first place 挂羊头卖狗肉?
Can’t WP deliver something as simple as their commitment?
So WP supporters, please consider and choose other oppositions (sad to say, my family votes help send WP Aljunied team into parliament). Send clear message to WP and all other opposition parties that if they do not perform and deliver as per their campaign, we will pull them now without qualms.
This is the only way we civilians can do to put politicians on their toes, including PAP (look at LHL wearing HIGH HEELS now that he lost Aljunied).

================================================== ===========

PAP B Team:
October 9, 2014 at 12:54 pm (Quote)

I agree with the writer. in 2016 vote in more WP MPs into parliament so that they can remain quiet for the next 5 years. if opposition MPs make a lot noises in parliament, LHL will have to spend all his time to fix them, by keeping quiet allows PM Lee to concentrate on state matters. Opposition MPs should emulate theWP MPS, be the PAP Team B, allow all policies to pass unopposed and do not criticize the ruling party , support the 7million PWP, join the PAP MPs to criticize the behaviours of 3H and Roy on the HLP/ YMCA saga!

================================================== ==========
Easter:
October 9, 2014 at 3:13 pm (Quote)

While it is always good to bide one’s time, the Opposition Does need to respond to issues, to raise questions, like the overcharging by Alvin Yeo’s law firm which has seen no response from the Spore Law Soc; like the ease with which a foreign man who is totally unrelated to a very elderly Sporean not only got Lasting Power of Attorney but also got PR through the appeal of a PAP MP.

================================================== ============

LIONS:
October 9, 2014 at 8:18 pm (Quote)

SENIOR CITIZEN,you must be sleeping.
maybe you do not know that our activists DO NOT MAKE HOLLOW STATEMENTs except to SHOW us all HOW ‘hollow’ our CPF etc have been made to be by you know who?
LTK needs to be more of an ‘ACTIVIST’,he is simply acting TOO NICE to the PAPigs who have been so NASTY to us recently?
if a good oppo POLITICIAN do not possess some ‘ACTIVIST’ blood in his vein,thne,i AM NOT TOO SURE he is a true POLITICIAN that can be a POLITICAL LEADER for us???

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=5]Yee Jenn Jong, JJ (余振忠)[/h]
The Nobel committee said it “regards it as an important point for a Hindu and a Muslim, an Indian and a Pakistani, to join in a common struggle for education and against extremism”.

Good choices to send the right signals.

Malala Yousafzai and Kailash Satyarthi win Nobel peace prize 2014
[url]www.theguardian.com

Pakistani teenager and Indian children’s rights activist beat Edward Snowden, Chelsea Manning, the Pope and Vladimir Putin to the prestigious...

[/URL]

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
from TR Emeritius

JBJ – How it should have been

Mr Joshua Benjamin Jeyaretnam
There he stood, Joshua Benjamin Jeyaretnam. Settled in a corner with his back toward the wall, a pile of his self written books neatly piled next to him.
He was a little hunched over, but I have never in the entirety of my life seen a man with a straighter backbone.
I remember the first time I ever saw Mr Jeyaretnam. It was in the bar room of the Supreme Court, as he sat there sipping his coffee and reading the newspaper. He was oblivious to the going-ons in the bar room, the conversations of the other lawyers.
I had never seen a man more at ease with himself. A quiet confidence cloaked him, as he slowly browsed the news.
He was very easy to look over, simply because he was so nondescript. But he firmly held my attention. I was thoroughly entranced by this gentleman, his presence so weighty to me.
I think he noticed me looking at him, as he turned and looked at me, a very slight smile on his face. It was slight, but it was extremely warm.
I was a law intern then.
He was and always has been to me, an amazing man.
And now, there he stood, an undischarged bankrupt, reduced to peddling his books by the corridors. Oh how it gnawed at my heart, that a man of his pedigree should be reduced to such.
Many people walked past, none paying him any attention. Some people’s eyes widened as they went out of their way to avoid him, knowing full well who he was.
The gnawing became worse. I felt sick to my stomach at these people’s actions. So what if we were a successful society. I saw humans, but I saw not a shred of humanity.
I walked over to him.
“Mr Jeyaretnam,” I said, as I put a hand on his shoulder.
“Will you allow me to stand next to you and sell these books with you?”
He stared at me intently. In his eyes I saw a soul that weathered the vicissitudes of life, but a fire that stubbornly burnt, refusing to ever be extinguished.
“Why would you like to do that?” He asked.
“Mr Jeyaretnam, you have dedicated the best days of your life to the country, to the cause you have believed in, and to me there is no greater sacrifice.
It is sad, the state of affairs we are in now, where if you are not for a cause, then you are by default, against it.
But you have never bowed your head. You have forged through hellfire and brimstone with your head up high and never once have you compromised on what you believed in despite the challenges that life has thrown at you.
It is a basic right of any human being to criticize the people they put in power. No government is immune to mistakes. No human, no matter how cerebral, should be spared from scrutiny. One should always be aware that a government is made of people, like you and I, who along with their intelligence and abilities, bring with them their own leanings, inclinations, prejudices and imperfections. They are not machines, they are not free from errors. A government’s duty is to its people, and if they should ever get so confortable that they forget that, then it is our job as citizens of this nation to remind them. And nobody should ever take this most fundamental right away from us. That is what I believe, Mr Jeyaretnam.
Mr Jeyaretnam, I am just a young boy. I can offer you nothing, although you have taught me so much about life, by the way you have always conducted yourself.
But I can stand next to you and try to help you sell your books. That is all I can offer, in my position now.”
A smile spread across his wrinkled face, this time a little bigger than in the bar room.
“Well then, come stand here next to me.”
I don’t know if I could ever change anything. But neither did this great man standing next to me. In fact, he dedicated his entire life to it.
So shame on me if I didn’t try.

Mark Farha Kon

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
from TR Emeritius

The ruling party has made it clear many times by telling the opposition parties that they are not there to help them get into Parliament. The opposition parties must work for it to win the votes of the people. Why should the PAP make it easy for them? This is politics. You expect the PAP or any ruling party to make things easy for the opposition? Grow up. And it is a fair statement and position to take for the ruling party or any ruling party.
Similarly, it is not the job of the opposition parties to make it easy for the ruling party. Their job is to oppose any policy and expose their flaws. Of course no need to anyhow shoot when a policy is good lah. That would only make the opposition unreasonable. But can always keep quite or say that it was expected, good policies are expected. And after being paid obscenely still expects to be kissed and patted on the head? What if bad policies?
It is not the job of opposition parties to praise the ruling party. If they chose to, it is ok, but it is not their duty to do so. Just because the ruling party asked them to praise them does it mean that they must obey, and dutifully praise the ruling party? Are they that easy to train?
And it is not their duty to jump the gun to prove that they are reasonable, to attack anyone from the opposition or critics of the govt for any missteps or mistakes. Reasonable they must be but no need to be compliance. Why is it the duty of the opposition politicians to appease the ruling party to prove that they are good boys? And to jump to attack anyone that they think have crossed the line and must be whacked, and to whacked first to look reasonable, to justify themselves to be in the good books of the ruling party? Idiots.
There is no need to put yourself in the good books of the ruling party if you are on the other side of divide. Unless you want the ruling party to give you a pat and say ‘good boy’, or you want to cross over. In the eyes of any ruling party, the opposition parties are opposition parties, waiting to replace them, not friends in politics and the struggle for power, and could even be regarded as ‘enemies’ to some with very strong views. That is why they will be attacked and attacked ruthlessly when they crossed the line or make a mistake. Apologies not enough, must also explain.
In realpolitiks it is a competition of opposition camps for the right to rule. Though it is good to be on friendly terms on a personal basis, there is no need to score brownie points to be on the good side of the opposing parties. It would be silly to attack fellow opposition members or critics just to prove you are reasonable. You really think the ruling party will appreciate that? Or would they be laughing themselves silly at your stupidity, so quick to draw the sword to kill your comrades in arms for your enemies.
Do I make any sense? Should opposition politicians prove that they are whiter than white to be dictated by the whites, to please the whites?

Chua Chin Leng AKA RedBean

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chen Jiaxi Bernard

[Do you know?] I always find it really intriguing (value neutral) that the management at Tan Boon Loat building continues to employ aunties (Singaporeans) to press the lift during office hours on working days. Each auntie will be armed with their own handheld fan to ward away the stuffy and stale air in the lift. And of course this position leaves many new visitors amused and puzzled. A slice of Singapore in the heart of Tanjong Pagar. Interesting, indeed.