• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Workers' Party

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]14.8.24 - AJCC Hari Raya Celebration[/h]Updated <abbr title="Thursday, September 4, 2014 at 11:43pm" data-utime="1409845422" class="timestamp">last Thursday</abbr> · Taken at Blk 653 Jalan Tenaga

10451009_757033991024484_3068953509224231363_n.jpg

10629796_757034387691111_3894559909127390916_n.jpg

10649699_757034517691098_992794636513145400_n.jpg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=5]The Workers' Party[/h]
MP Sylvia Lim supports the recommendations put forth by ASPIRE, and encourages the public service to lead the change away from over-emphasis on academic qualifications.

For more updates on speeches made by WP MPs in Parliament, go to wp.sg.

Debate on ASPIRE Report – MP Sylvia Lim
wp.sg

ASPIRE – A difficult but worthy vision towards greater egalitarianism By MP for Aljunied GRC, Sylvia Lim [Delivered in Parliament on 9 September 2014]

<a class="uiLinkSubtle" href="https://www.facebook.com/workersparty/posts/937467449603172"><abbr title="Wednesday, September 10, 2014 at 8:08am" data-utime="1410361704"></abbr>

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Workers' Party

MP Faisal Manap suggests including psychometric tests to strengthen the Education and Career Guidance framework in schools, and strengthening links between family service centres, student affairs centres, and wellness and counselling centres.

For more updates on speeches made by WP MPs in Parliament, go to wp.sg.

Debate on ASPIRE Report – MP Muhamad Faisal bin Abdul Manap
wp.sg

By MP for Aljunied GRC, Muhamad Faisal bin Abdul Manap [Delivered in Parliament on 9 September 2014] I share the view of the Committee that education is ver

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=5]Yee Jenn Jong, JJ (余振忠)[/h]
中 秋月圆 - Celebrating mid Autumn festival in Bhutan with Singaporeans and Bhutanese with Ba Kut Teh soup, Ba Gua, Mooncake and Bhutanese food - a sort of cultural exchange through food!

While it may seem to be a day late, it is actually the 15th day of the Bhutanese lunar month on Tuesday, a day after our Mid Autumn festival. It is a little cloudy at night but nevertheless there's a big moon and good weather for the night to make it a wonderful evening with friends.

This happened to be my 2nd year in a row in Bhutan during the mid Autumn festival. This time round, my wife and some friends from Singapore are with me. My wife prepared the Ba Kut Teh soup with spices brought from Singapore. We had fruitful exchange of ideas through various sessions with educators and parliamentarians. Looking forward to the remaining visits and discussion forums that we will be having over the rest of the week.

LikeLike · <label class="uiLinkButton comment_link" title="Leave a comment"></label> · Share

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Daniel PS Goh

woke up dead early with troubled dreams, we are already such a displaced people, lost without roots to the land, constantly moving house in an invisible city, clinging onto to ruins and tombstones to remember, we gave in to your tradeoffs, becoming exiles in our dear country, at the very least you would let us have our memories, but even that you want to secure for your own profit, you would go so far as to silence our daughter for a murmur of love, and risk making the golden jubilee a farce, all for that little discomfort in your little heart

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
Workers party is PAP (B) team
WP is a silence party.
Voting for WP is indirectly voting for PAP

Don't trust PAP:
September 12, 2014 at 10:34 am (Quote)
Is Singapore truly a democracy?
PAP is doing everything to stay in power, gerrymanagering, importing and converting foreigners into citizens who would vote for PAP, withholding information from the citizenry.
Did these exiles really telling lies or having we been hearing lies and propaganda from PAP and pro-PAP SPH news media?
Is our cpf money still there for us to withdraw when we need it?
Is PAP still tightening foreigner import? Why then I am seeing more foreigners everywhere, in CBD, my housing block?
Why are more Singaporeans becoming jobless and more people are earning less than $1,000a month than before? when PAP says foreigners are bringing more and better jobs.

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP continues to ignore political exiles

"To all political exiles, sorry no love from WP!" - Low Thia Khiang
http://www.theonlinecitizen.com/2014...banned-by-mda/

The success of this film again highlighted the glaring failure of WP, both inside and outside parliament.

For over 20 years, this self-styled "First World Opposition" have continued to co-drive with PAP to ignore the sorry plight of political exiles.....Many of these exiles are the Towkay's former comrades like Francis Seow and Tang Liang Hong. Yet WP has failed to speak up for these political exiles despite increasing their MP numbers exponentially. Instead they choose to spend their time on such important issues as bird-droppings and dog-barkings.

Those overseas film critics who give raving reviews and awards to the film have to ask themselves this simple question:

"Where on earth is the Singapore First World Opposition? Where have they been sleeping and idling for the past 20 years? Do they deserve to be called an Opposition?"

Those political exiles and their family can condemn themselves to a life of perpetual wilderness even if the PAP is replaced by WP in the next election.

Perhaps it is a blessing to the poltical exiles that WP has never spoken for them.....If WP were ever to speak up for them, they would most probably flip-flop and turn against the political exiles to make things worse for them:

Prata Singh is supposed to speak up for the the Indian community against the alcohol ban in Little India.....but end up flip-flopping and begging the PAP desperately for them to ban all Indians from drinking alcohol all over the island.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZULby54HD9U

Instead of speaking up for the Indian community, WP makes things worse for them.....and succeeded in making the general public to think that Indians are all hopeless alcoholics who are only concerned whether or not they can drink in Little India, and nothing else.

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=5]The Workers' Party Youth Wing (WPYW)[/h]
'When I saw this scene, I could not help but wondered.."Am I even too old to play with candles like these kids?" Will I still be doing the same thing this Mid-Autumn? Am I the only one thinking of this?' - Tan Thuan Tong

Happy Mid-Autumn Festival!

Memories Archipelago: Mid Autumn 2014
tttansg.blogspot.com

As I mature in age,time flies by faster each day and I have decided to post the happenings I encounter so that I may one day revisit my life...

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WP continues to ignore political exiles

It is mutual, where the SDP, NSP, RP, other opposition, NGOs and TJS and gang were absolutely reticent on the atrocities and the corruption of unaccounting millions of dollars over PAP's AIM, when it should be one of the biggest issues based on their self-described standards.

The same deafening mutedness of these groups especially the SDP who purports to be an expertise on legal issues, when WP's AHPETC and Sylvia Lim were hauled to court by NEA.

In conclusion, you will be dreaming if you think no group or individual in it has no self-interest.

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
from TR Emeritius

slacker:
September 13, 2014 at 4:20 pm (Quote)
So sick of WP’s silence.. Why isn’t the co-driver slapping the shameless driver over such blatant nonsense?!
Really hope other Opposition parties like RP, SFP, SPP, SDP and NSP will win a seat or two in next GE.
We really need more MPs to pressure PAP to STOP destroying Singaporeans’ lives and livelihoods.
May LKY repent in hell.
May the e**l PAP and their cunning cronies burn in hell when they die.
Majullah Singapura!

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=5]Chen Jiaxi Bernard[/h]
“The study of History is never meant to be politicised. It’s meant to be enlightening, to bring light to grey areas, to bring light to areas that are totally dark. That’s history’s contribution. If I can shine a light into a corner, it may not be complete, but someone after me will shine another light to bring out the issue. That’s my contribution. My contribution is to shine the light, his contribution is to shine the light from a different perspective.”

I was interviewed in early July 2014 as part of Bryan's school magazine project. Bryan is a student at Singapore polytechnic, pursuing a Diploma in Media and Communications. I first met him at the Singapore Model Parliament last year. I spoke to him on issues such as my involvement in Singapore politics, my view of history and my Singapore dream. Credit has to go to Bryan for a well-written article. It is sharp, concise and covers almost every bit of the conversation we had in a readable manner.

From the Ground Up
medium.com

Grassroots organiser, political activist and recent Oxford graduate Bernard Chen tells Bryan Kwa that politics should...

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
From TR Emeritius

Can't believe:
September 13, 2014 at 5:36 pm (Quote)
@Slacker
Totally agree with you. WP MPs are so silent, so quiet, so meek that it appears that there are no opposition MPs in parliament and PAP has complete dominance in parliament ! Tell me what is the use of voting in opposition MPs who do not want to speak up on behalf of the very people who have supported/ voted them in. During elections WP talked so much about being our voices in parliament, slapping the PAP when things go wrong, or fearlessly opposing government policies which adversely affect the lives of average Singaporeans. I think with the exception of Gerald Giam, the rest including LTK are all passengers in the elected opposition camp, a total disappointment. Some even say the WP is PAP’s ‘B’ team. WP chooses not to speak up on the many current hot issues to “slap” PaP, :- CPF, employment, transport, education, security breaches, PR/ new citizen issues, but instead it is the ordinary citizens who are speaking up, people like Roy, Leong, Hui Hui, Gilbert Goh, …………..

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]2014.08.17 Hari Raya Celebrations[/h]Updated <abbr title="Thursday, September 11, 2014 at 3:50pm" data-utime="1410421812" class="timestamp">on Thursday</abbr> · Taken at Basketball Court between 324 and 332 Hougang Ave 5

Hougang SMC held its annual Hari Raya Celebrations on 17 Aug 2014. It was a night full of fun and good food, and the audience was treated to non-stop jokes and laughter from the versatile emcee, who could speak fluently in Malay, English, Tamil and even Teochew!

Photo credit: Suresh Vanaz

10616081_930344893648787_1243300071656367211_n.jpg

15398_930345093648767_2400409301234033096_n.jpg

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
From TR Emeritius

Can't believe:
September 13, 2014 at 5:36 pm (Quote)
@Slacker
Totally agree with you. WP MPs are so silent, so quiet, so meek that it appears that there are no opposition MPs in parliament and PAP has complete dominance in parliament ! Tell me what is the use of voting in opposition MPs who do not want to speak up on behalf of the very people who have supported/ voted them in. During elections WP talked so much about being our voices in parliament, slapping the PAP when things go wrong, or fearlessly opposing government policies which adversely affect the lives of average Singaporeans. I think with the exception of Gerald Giam, the rest including LTK are all passengers in the elected opposition camp, a total disappointment. Some even say the WP is PAP’s ‘B’ team. WP chooses not to speak up on the many current hot issues to “slap” PaP, :- CPF, employment, transport, education, security breaches, PR/ new citizen issues, but instead it is the ordinary citizens who are speaking up, people like Roy, Leong, Hui Hui, Gilbert Goh, …………..

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
14 September 2014 marks the second anniversary of Kaki Bukit division longest running grassroots event, Dance-to-Bond. This initiative first started in 2012 when Helen, the dancing instructor approached MP Faisal seeking his assistance to provide a venue for a free weekly line dancing program for residents. After some discussions and a feasibility check on the recommended site, it was started and ran wholly on the initiative of Helen and a group of residents in Kaki Bukit division. And so for the past 104 weeks, on Friday evenings residents and their friends have been using the pavilion besides Block 508, Bedok North Avenue 3 for their weekly line-dancing sessions. Many residents started off two years ago not knowing any steps but with the assistance of resident teacher/ instructor Helen, you can find many of them grooving to the music week-in, week-out. Every year, during the Teachers' Day period, MP Faisal would make it a point to hand deliver a gift to Helen to thank her for the time and efforts spent in hosting and guiding fellow residents and their friends. The venue is made free of charge to them and the sessions are made available free to all who are interested. Helen's birthday happens to fall on the month of September and her students would cook up a feast to show their gratitude towards her. Two years on and this ground-up initiative is still going strong! Kudos to all involved. You can really feel the strong bond and community spirit among this growing group of line-dancing students/ enthusiasts. Every week, at Kaki Bukit.

Dance-to-Bond is on every Friday evenings, 8pm at the pavilion besides Block 508, Bedok North Avenue 3.
(5 photos)

10511240_762608093800407_1830003191899462576_n.jpg

10672392_762608140467069_4842571878628791624_n.jpg

10527784_762608187133731_4294388732519642810_n.jpg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
14 September 2014 marks the second anniversary of Kaki Bukit division longest running grassroots event, Dance-to-Bond. This initiative first started in 2012 when Helen, the dancing instructor approached MP Faisal seeking his assistance to provide a venue for a free weekly line dancing program for residents. After some discussions and a feasibility check on the recommended site, it was started and ran wholly on the initiative of Helen and a group of residents in Kaki Bukit division. And so for the past 104 weeks, on Friday evenings residents and their friends have been using the pavilion besides Block 508, Bedok North Avenue 3 for their weekly line-dancing sessions. Many residents started off two years ago not knowing any steps but with the assistance of resident teacher/ instructor Helen, you can find many of them grooving to the music week-in, week-out. Every year, during the Teachers' Day period, MP Faisal would make it a point to hand deliver a gift to Helen to thank her for the time and efforts spent in hosting and guiding fellow residents and their friends. The venue is made free of charge to them and the sessions are made available free to all who are interested. Helen's birthday happens to fall on the month of September and her students would cook up a feast to show their gratitude towards her. Two years on and this ground-up initiative is still going strong! Kudos to all involved. You can really feel the strong bond and community spirit among this growing group of line-dancing students/ enthusiasts. Every week, at Kaki Bukit.

Dance-to-Bond is on every Friday evenings, 8pm at the pavilion besides Block 508, Bedok North Avenue 3.
(5 photos)
10678750_762608233800393_2198757767388358893_n.jpg

10615588_762608257133724_125775348604775036_n.jpg