• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Workers' Party

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=5]

Chen Jiaxi Bernard shared Chen Jiaxi Bernard 陈家喜's photo.[/h]October 14 at 6:36pm ·

"I remembered once I was with him after his meet the people session. We had to attend four funeral wakes that night. By the time we were done that night, it was already close to 2am. He suddenly turned to me and said, "Oh no, I promised my wife to bring her out for goreng pisang tonight. The kids are asleep and she's still waiting for me at home. I forgot all about it." I could see on his face that he felt so bad about it. That incident left a very deep impression on me. His dedication to his residents, often at the expense of quality time with his family is simply admirable."

Chen Jiaxi Bernard 陈家喜October 14 at 5:02pm

I joined the Workers' Party in the same year as Faisal, in 2006. He is authentic, humble and a family-orientated man who lives by the precepts of his Islamic faith. He is a role model to me and many of the volunteers in Kaki Bukit. He goes about his work without any fanfare. Just him not wanting to disappoint the trust that the residents had invested in him and his team. Just him and his phone to take down any municipal feedback that the residents have for the Town Council.

I remembered once I was with him after his meet the people session. We had to attend four funeral wakes that night. By the time we were done that night, it was already close to 2am. He suddenly turned to me and said, "Oh no, I promised my wife to bring her out for goreng pisang tonight. The kids are asleep and she's still waiting for me at home. I forgot all about it." I could see on his face that he felt so bad about it. That incident left a very deep impression on me. His dedication to his residents, often at the expense of quality time with his family is simply admirable.

Thank you, Faisal! Thank you for all the sacrifices made to serve Singapore through the Workers' Party & and of course a big shout-out to your missus and your three adorable children for being that unwavering and constant pillar of support to you.

Read about his interview with Yahoo Singapore: https://sg.news.yahoo.com/post-ge--wp-s-faisal-manap-opens-…

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Chen Jiaxi Bernard 陈家喜
It was great to meet up with the volunteers who played an important part in my campaign at MacPherson. They are the reasons behind every successfully executed campaign. The Workers' Party paid tribute to them earlier this afternoon with a thank you buffet lunch!

We will be back on the ground in MacPherson soon, once the elections expenses are out of the way. I look forward to meeting the residents again!

If you would like to volunteer alongside the Workers' Party in MacPherson, drop me an email to [email protected]. Let's work together for a better Singapore!

今天下午,工人党为了答谢志工们举办了一场自助午餐会。我有机会再一次和我的团队见面!他们是我的支柱,在麦波申区的选战扮演了极其重要的角色!他们的付出我看在眼里,非常感谢他们!

我会在处理好选举经费这重要的事项后,和党团回到麦波申区耕耘,服务居民。如果你想和工人党一起努力,请联络我。我的电邮是: [email protected]。让我们共同努力,打造一个更美好的新加坡!

12079470_523372874484405_3510465092816969118_n.jpg

12106974_523372884484404_206601437909913703_n.jpg

12065981_523372901151069_8994383912228269069_n.jpg

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"He is authentic, humble and a family-orientated man .... "

It should be family oriented.

Instead of "meet up with", it should be [ meet with ]

Tiu-leh-see-fart

Alfrescian
Loyal
orientated and oriented are both Adjectives.

"Meet with" or "meet up with" are correct verbs.

There are nothing wrong with these sentences grammatically.

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=5][URL="https://www.facebook.com/Pritam.Eunos"]Pritam Singh
[/h]
At the International Conference Centre in Geneva for the 133rd Inter-Parliamentary Union Assembly with close to 680 MPs from all over the world and fellow parliamentarians Dr Lim Wee Kiak and Dr Teo Ho Pin. Spoke to other MPs and it is always fascinating to appreciate the challenges they have to contend with in their countries, and how they reach a consensus to complex and intractable problems.

Migration is one of the key issues at the assembly this year. At the sidelines of yesterday's ASEAN+3 meeting, the Malaysian representatives shared with us their plans to allow up to 3000 refugees from Syria, and their earlier experience of opening Malaysia up to some Bosnian refugees in the 1990s.

Outside the conference, we met some adventurous Singaporeans holidaying in Geneva, who are travelling off the beaten track and heading to Marseille next. We have a few more meetings lined up, but I am already looking forward to that feeling when the plane lands at Changi Airport!

A special thank you to the Singapore mission in Geneva and Anne Quah of Parliament for supporting our delegation.

12088131_1023181277704185_1728050533100684804_n.jpg

[/URL]
12115904_1023181837704129_5020497550038068177_n.jpg

12074669_1023181844370795_3967410763313561826_n.jpg

12108065_1023181861037460_6666954308394399995_n.jpg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=5][URL="https://www.facebook.com/hetingru?fref=nf"]He Ting Ru 何廷儒
[/h]
The bestest of luck to all students (and parents) starting on the O level written exams tomorrow!

I recently stumbled upon some old notes taken from when I was 15 or 16 - it's been a pretty long time! There are nights when I still have exam-related nightmares, where the sense of panic at not having prepared adequately is so real. However, 16 years on, I am slowly beginning to realise that with any endeavour, the most important thing is to give the best you can in whatever challenges you meet. Nobody should ever expect anything else.

Go out there, take those exams head on, then enjoy yourselves!

[/URL]

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=5][URL="https://www.facebook.com/danpsgoh?fref=nf"]Daniel Goh 吴佩松
[/h]
Rereading the PM's letter to PAP MPs on Rules of Prudence for salutary effect. It is recommended reading for all would-be politicians and volunteers of all political colours. Amidst the crisp prose, I discovered a gem of glancing praise for opposition MPs. This is as good as it gets!

"28. Your honest, informed views are an important political input to Ministers when they formulate and review policies. Ministers will accept valid, constructive suggestions, but they have to challenge inaccurate or mistaken views. Over time, the public will see that PAP backbenchers are as effective as opposition MPs, if not better, at holding ministers to account, getting issues fully debated, and influencing policies for the better."

(http://www.pmo.gov.sg/…/letter-prime-minister-lee-hsien-loo…)

In contrast, in his latest forum letter to Zaobao, MOS Sam Tan seems to be going against the grain of the letter by dismissing WP on the high horse of strong electoral mandate, even saying WP did not perform the role of a responsible opposition party in Parliament.

(https://www.pap.org.sg/Forum_Letters_MOS_Sam_Tans_r…/Article)

Why did Mr Tan, no less than a MOS, think it necessary to interject in an ongoing debate in the newspaper between a citizen and Mr Low? Does Mr Low's defense of WP's parliamentary record mean he did not listen to the people as Mr Tan alleges? Mr Low was after all re-elected by the people, a fellow servant of the people, does that not count for something? And goodness, where did being humble in victory and modesty go?

I don't like the way this is going ... I thought the PM's letter will change the discourse and reshape politics for the better.

[/URL]

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Daniel Goh 吴佩松

Excellent infographics by Business Times defending the MAS's decision not to weaken the Singapore dollar to make exports cheaper to boost growth. Explains the MAS decision simply and effectively. One thing though, I am usually the one buying groceries for the family and exclaiming to the proverbial apple, so expensive! I see a lot of men and daddies in the supermarkets these days. As cute as the stick figure may be in her triangular symmetry, the gender coding is so outdated.

Poor exchange
On Oct 14, the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) ignored calls to aggressively weaken the Singapore dollar to make exports cheaper and boost growth. This is especially since inflation is not a major issue now. Read more at The Business Times.
businesstimes.com.sg|By Kelly Tay

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=5][URL="https://www.facebook.com/ChenShowMao?fref=nf"]Chen Show Mao
[/h]NOTE TO A FRIEND.
Dear M, Thanks so much for today. It was wonderful to see you and chat. I heard you: on "stability...vulnerabilities...changes...." I think though that for [the more important] things to stay the same, [the less important] things would have to change. I find that over the past four years I have taken to using words like "evolve" and "grow" with an object noun. They connote orderly change. I use them this way to emphasise that orderly change requires effort on our part. We need to evolve our system, we need to grow a credible alternative, etc. :smile: All best to everyone at home. Have a great week. Show Mao

[/URL]

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=5][URL="https://www.facebook.com/workersparty?fref=nf"]The Workers' Party
[/h]
"We hold that a responsible and transparent government should explain in detail how the delays in public notification and screening from April/May to October represent actions that were taken in the best interests of patient safety and risk minimisation to patients." Leon Perera

THE WORKERS’ PARTY CALLS FOR A COMMITTEE OF INQUIRY ON THE HEPATITIS C CLUSTER AT SGH | The...
THE WORKERS’ PARTY CALLS FOR A COMMITTEE OF INQUIRY ON THE HEPATITIS C CLUSTER AT SGH The Workers’ Party welcomes the broadening of the remit of the independent review committee to include review of MOH’s procedures and actions. Drawing the right lessons from the outbreak of the Hepatitis C virus in…
wp.sg

[/URL]

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The Workers' Party

[h=5]The Workers' Party via Leon Perera[/h]8 hrs · Edited ·

"I would like to respond to the MOH reply to our earlier press statement today.

We thank the MOH for their reply to our statement calling for a COI on the Hep C infection cluster at SGH.

The last sentence of the MOH statement refers to "whatever allegations it (the Workers' Party) might have." However the MOH statement itself observes that our statement did not impute any improper motives to SGH or MOH officers. Hence we find the reference to "allegations" that we may or may not have to be confusing, distracting and unhelpful. We have been consistently clear that we are not making allegations in this regard.

We are calling for strengthening of the review process by reconstituting the current review committee as a COI. The MOH statement does not address the points we made about the relative merits of a COI for investigating this matter in respect of
- the composition of the committee, which we have suggested should include more retired healthcare professionals and a person qualified to be a Judge, given that the committee's remit has been broadened to include assessing MOH's workflow
- the value of the committee's deliberations being made public, in terms of strengthening public confidence in our system
- the necessity of tasking the committee to explicitly address the issue of the timeline in public notification and containment measures.

The burden of responsibility resides with the government in this matter. We reiterate our call for a COI based on the arguments made in our earlier statement today which have not been substantively addressed by today's MOH statement.

Our motivation in making this call is to strengthen the healthcare system on which Singaporeans depend and to ensure that the review is not only successful but is widely seen by the Singaporean public to be successful."

Govt will convene COI if WP substantiates 'whatever allegations it might have': MOH

The Health Ministry responds to opposition The Workers' Party's call for a Committee of Inquiry to investigate the Hepatitis C cluster at the Singapore…
channelnewsasia.com

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=5][URL="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Leon-Perera/515366291954885?fref=nf"]Leon Perera
[/h]
Most of us are not aware that the practice of Singaporean Members of Parliament holding Meet-the-People sessions was pioneered by David Marshall, Singapore's first Chief Minister who founded the Workers' Party in 1957. The 12th of December this year will mark the 20th anniversary of his passing.

Meet-the-People Sessions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Meet-the-People Sessions (MPS) is the name of a feedback/redress system developed in Singapore for citizens to meet their member of parliament. The…
en.wikipedia.org

[/URL]

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=5][URL="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Leon-Perera/515366291954885?fref=nf"]Leon Perera
[/h]
We issued our second statement on the Hepatitis C outbreak today. The Workers' Party is calling for the formation of a Committee of Inquiry (COI) on this tragic and gravely serious matter, one that will explicitly address the delay that took place in notifying the public and taking containment measures. We feel that more retired health professionals as well as a person qualified to be a High Court Judge be included on the COI.

THE WORKERS’ PARTY CALLS FOR A COMMITTEE OF INQUIRY ON THE HEPATITIS C CLUSTER AT SGH | The...
wp.sg

[/URL]

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I would like to respond to the MOH reply to our earlier press statement today.
We thank the MOH for their reply to our statement calling for a COI on the Hep C infection cluster at SGH.

The last sentence of the MOH statement refers to "whatever allegations it (the Workers' Party) might have." However the MOH statement itself observes that our statement did not impute any improper motives to SGH or MOH officers. Hence we find the reference to "allegations" that we may or may not have to be confusing, distracting and unhelpful. We have been consistently clear that we are not making allegations in this regard.

We are calling for strengthening of the review process by reconstituting the current review committee as a COI. The MOH statement does not address the points we made about the relative merits of a COI for investigating this matter in respect of
- the composition of the committee, which we have suggested should include more retired healthcare professionals and a person qualified to be a Judge, given that the committee's remit has been broadened to include assessing MOH's workflow
- the value of the committee's deliberations being made public, in terms of strengthening public confidence in our system
- the necessity of tasking the committee to explicitly address the issue of the timeline in public notification and containment measures.

The burden of responsibility resides with the government in this matter. We reiterate our call for a COI based on the arguments made in our earlier statement today which have not been substantively addressed by today's MOH statement.

Our motivation in making this call is to strengthen the healthcare system on which Singaporeans depend and to ensure that the review is not only successful but is widely seen by the Singaporean public to be successful.

Govt will convene COI if WP substantiates 'whatever allegations it might have': MOH
The Health Ministry responds to opposition The Workers' Party's call for a Committee of Inquiry to investigate the Hepatitis C cluster at the Singapore…
channelnewsasia.com