• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Workers' Party

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=1]Your candidate: Terence Tan – From the world to S’pore[/h]
After returning to Singapore in 2010, having spent almost a decade traversing the world being a successful entrepreneur, Mr Terence Tan found that things had changed.

Terence Tan had spent almost a decade abroad, traversing the world – from Spain to Indonesia – as a successful entrepreneur.

“I got back to Singapore in or about 2010, having spent nearly a decade abroad working,” he told The Online Citizen (TOC).

Besides having owned and operated a series of successful food and beverage groups in Singapore, Bali and Bangkok, he had also been head of business development in Thailand for Pacific Star, Managing Director Asset Management for Six Senses Resorts & Spas (based out of Thailand), Head of Investments and Development for Landmarks Berhad in Malaysia (a listed Malaysian hotel and property company).

“I started out in 1997 as a young litigation lawyer,” Mr Tan said.

His “pupil master” was the current Law Mininster, K Shanmugam.

“When I left Singapore in or about 2000, Singapore had a burgeoning middle class, the highest rate of savings per capita ex Japan and income inequality was relatively narrow. In short, our people were optimistic about their futures,” he told TOC.

“When I got back, the landscape was much changed,” he said.

“People are highly stressed and not so optimistic for themselves or their children. It is more crowded, infrastructural issues abound, the gini coefficient was, and likely still is, amongst the highest in the developed world. The poor are getting poorer and the middle class are squeezed, without a sufficient lift in real incomes.

“I am dismayed to find a constant stream of older Singaporeans rooting through my garbage bins in the middle of the night. I don’t think it is for exercise.”

All these prompted him to get more involved – and he now sits on the advocacy, criminal practice and criminal legal aid scheme committees of the Law Society; and he is also an assigned counsel on the Legal Assistance Scheme for Capital Offences, and currently represent two accused persons on death row for drug trafficking.

He also finds time to volunteer at the Hougang Community Legal Clinic, and a board member of the Workers’ Party Charitable Fund where he is also its secretary.

And now, Mr Tan is taking his community involvement and public service to the next level – Parliament.

He is a candidate with the Workers’ Party’s team contesting Marine Parade GRC in the elections.

TOC sat down with Mr Tan for a short chat about two weeks ago at the famous Dunman Food Centre in Marine Parade, where Mr Tan also lives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=88&v=XYgBm9JWtO0

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
11215877_1169695379713710_9107860831717444202_n.jpg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=2]theonlinecitizen[/h]News/Media Website

Speakers from Workers' Party at Boon Keng. Ron Tan and Terence Tan.

Ron Tan spoke on equality issues such as more benefits for single mums and Terence Tan focused on income inequality and rising cost of living, expensive HDB flats etc. Saying that young Singaporean want to have children but worried about future.

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=2]Koh Choong Yong 许俊荣[/h]Public Figure

Needed to get some grocery done tonight at Seletar Mall, and decided to drop by the prata shop for supper at the ground floor. Bumped into some WP supporters who were just back from tonight's rally. Very happy to meet them!

10428530_10154230394053957_3424583613110443287_n.jpg

11035846_10154229754323957_259492496212519274_n.jpg

11919573_10154226585563957_5384185755425163265_n.jpg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=2]Leon Perera[/h]Public Figure

With my friends Terence Tan and Tinghe Ru, our candidates for Marine Parade. In the words of Yee Jenn Jong, Marine is blue.
11949364_519330431558471_7358971493000139220_n.jpg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Leon Perera

Public Figure

A little something prepared by my nine-year old daughter. I think it's awesome, do you?

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=2]Dennis Tan Lip Fong 陈立峰[/h]
This morning, as I was visiting the shops and market around Blk 57, Bedok, a nice and friendly barber showed me excitedly a newspaper report containing my interview with Lianhe Zaobao on 31 August 2015.

陈立峰:从小就倾向工人党
1980 年惹耶勒南代表工人党到直落布兰雅区竞选,陈立峰只有10岁,家住那里的他跟着父母去看群众大会。他还记得群众大会在住家附近的停车场举行。隔年邻近的安 顺区补选,让陈立峰有机会进一步接触政治。他当时觉得一切都很有趣。陈立峰(45岁,海事律师事务所合伙人)本届大选代表工人党出战凤山单议席选区,与人 民行动党的陈慧玲(38岁,能源公司副总裁)一较高下。
zpolitics.zaobao.com.sg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=2]Daniel Goh 吴佩松[/h]
FYI, Facts about AHPETC
Please also stay tuned for the party political broadcasts tonight:
- English, 10pm, Channel 5, 938LIVE, Power 98FM
- English, 11pm, Channel NewsAsia
- Malay, 9pm, Suria/Warna 94.2FM
- Mandarin, 8pm, Channel 8, Capital 95.8FM, 883 Jia FM, UFM 1003
- Mandarin, 1145pm, Channel U
- Tamil, 9pm, Vasantham/Oli 96.8FM

The Workers' Party
Facts about ‪#‎AHPETC‬. ‪#‎wpsg‬ ‪#‎GE2015‬ ‪#‎EmpowerYourFuture‬

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=2]Chen Show Mao[/h]Politician

Friends,
I believe in diversity.

To have diversity in government tomorrow, we need to start taking action today.
We all have a role to play.

Mine are in Parliament, my ward Paya Lebar and helping to build a responsible Party.
I have done my best on these fronts, driven by a sense of duty.

My hope is for Singaporeans to feel empowered with the "Power of We” that we give one another, to move away from a monolithic Singapore towards a better future.

‪#‎EmpowerYourFuture‬ ‪#‎buildtomorrowsg‬ ‪#‎GE2015‬ ‪#‎wpsg‬