• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The work of a Mod

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Actually when you first start cycling, you walk funny and you think that there is no seat as Roadies have tiny seats.

For first timer, is it ok to get a normal cheap bike? Wifey and I have never exercised since moving to our new place. Would be a good idea since the traffic is low in our area and there's a nice big park nearby.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
For the same reasons I never thought I will ever cycle on roads. I started on the bike track at ECP and eventually found the courage to move to road bikes and the road. Careful though about riding times and riding locations. Some of us actually ride in the dead of the night - fresh air, quiet, sense of freedom. Only pests are some Ang Mos doing the same and lording around.

bro,
cycling is not for the faint-hearted in the heartlands. plenty of heavy motorized vehicles waiting to mow us down especially with so much construction of condos and BTOs around. jogging in the park is a lot safer, can't say the same for the journey towards the park thou' :o:o:o

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
For the same reasons I never thought I will ever cycle on roads. I started on the bike track at ECP and eventually found the courage to move to road bikes and the road. Careful though about riding times and riding locations. Some of us actually ride in the dead of the night - fresh air, quiet, sense of freedom. Only pests are some Ang Mos doing the same and lording around.

I cycle almost every night for the reasons you mentioned. What do lording ang mos do? Never saw any so far.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats how I started, cheap mountain bike as I hated jogging. Recce a nice location to ride before venturing on the main road. Now you can find bike shops all over the place. There is also the option of strapping the bikes to the rear end of the car with the bike holders and heading to the ECP - 10km stretch.

Aim for something - for me, ipad strapped to shoulder bag, hit Changi point, wallop nasi lemak, order teh tarik, whisk out iPad, start reading about who strated it first.

For first timer, is it ok to get a normal cheap bike? Wifey and I have never exercised since moving to our new place. Would be a good idea since the traffic is low in our area and there's a nice big park nearby.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I cycle almost every night for the reasons you mentioned. What do lording ang mos do? Never saw any so far.

I meet up with all these lording angmos very often when I do my jogging and brisk walking along Lower Peirce .They are cycling bullies and even display their road age with sheer abandon - shouting vulgarities at you and screaming at you to get out of their way.How come so many of them - like a pack of mad hound !!! They are The Lords on the roads!!!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not sure if its me but Ang Mos I met cycling tend to be either too relaxed or too anal. If they join you for the ride, they would throw out instructions similar to battle plan. They also too gung ho about Primary position not realising that the trucks around Singapore are driven by some work permit holder trying to make a living. Moment I hear heavy engine sound, I start to pace myself accordingly but these guys will never drop speed.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Not sure if its me but Ang Mos I met cycling tend to be either too relaxed or too anal. If they join you for the ride, they would throw out instructions similar to battle plan. They also too gung ho about Primary position not realising that the trucks around Singapore are driven by some work permit holder trying to make a living. Moment I hear heavy engine sound, I start to pace myself accordingly but these guys will never drop speed.

one of these days, ( happened already ), they would be found under the wheels of some cement-mixers or lorries...

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
I meet up with all these lording angmos very often when I do my jogging and brisk walking along Lower Peirce .They are cycling bullies and even display their road age with sheer abandon - shouting vulgarities at you and screaming at you to get out of their way.How come so many of them - like a pack of mad hound !!! They are The Lords on the roads!!!

Hmm, have not experienced that, maybe i was lucky. I come across an occasional cyclists who will 'shout' at you to let you know on which side he is going to overtake. That is common practice on off-road tracks and for safety reasons. Maybe you misunderstand?
I'm staying in the Thomson area and hit up the reservoir tracks and trails regularly. The forested areas are actually out of bounds for cyclists.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hmm, have not experienced that, maybe i was lucky. I come across an occasional cyclists who will 'shout' at you to let you know on which side he is going to overtake. That is common practice on off-road tracks and for safety reasons. Maybe you misunderstand?
I'm staying in the Thomson area and hit up the reservoir tracks and trails regularly. The forested areas are actually out of bounds for cyclists.

BOSS does his cycling there too..lol...:smile: Yes, the forested trails are for joggers and brisk walkers...but that stretch of road which was used for " racing " in the past is usually packed with many angmo lords, usually in the early mornings at weekends. they are bullies...very rude and very loud too. of course we also have a few non angmos joining the pack....

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seen that too, where they shout rudely to joggers to get out of the way. Interestingly it something they do to their own people back home.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Seen that too, where they shout rudely to joggers to get out of the way. Interestingly it something they do to their own people back home.

What's your opinion of them shouting at others to get out of their way? I suppose them being ang mohs somehow makes it more acceptable.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, that is standard worldwide practice. You need to shout to get over the din of the traffic.

I come across an occasional cyclists who will 'shout' at you to let you know on which side he is going to overtake. That is common practice on off-road tracks and for safety reasons.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
"unf unf" and "piak piak" are sounds made at different parts of the human anatomy during the same physical activity :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Piak piak piak is when you just go in, sibey wu form.

Unf unf unf is, KNNBCCB, how come cannot shoot out :o