• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The War Drums of Hougang - @@@$$$@@@ Desmond lose Deposit?

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[video=youtube;RK_MgSsvwLo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK_MgSsvwLo[/video]

Prince Loong beats the war drums of Hougang.........

Hoot ar !!!

If his horse Desmond loses his deposit - do you think Loong will step down as head of the Party?

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope Desmond also lose his pants.

I understand why you want Desmond Choo to lose the by-election. You must be one of those who do not live in Hougang.

I gather these are the main reasons why people who don't live in Hougang want the WP to win the election:

1. WP wins the election means one less constituency for the government to spend on. So more money can be channelled for whatever community projects to other constituencies - including the one you live it.

2. WP wins means fewer estate enhancement like lift-upgrading, cycling tracks or parks or MRT and LRT stations. Condos and HDB flats will not command high prices - therefore making them more affordable for other outsiders to buy.

3. WP wins means more varied voices can be heard in parliament and government under pressure becomes more generous - more flats being built, more places for children in schools, more subsidies, more and better services from government. Residents from from other constituencies will gain.

4. WP wins means more voices for the people - but not in my backyard please. It's a "win-win situation" for them - no matter how cliche the phrase may be.

5. WP wins means we can see more drama entertainment on TV - more or better than those Mediacorp drama serials. Eventually the newbie MPs got thumb down - but we oustiders got entertained without having to pay the price.

6. WP wins means more rebates or goodies for everybody - including residents of Hougang lah - there are still some 35% PAP supporters there. Voting is secret, so government can't discriminate WP voters from other voters

So smart voters of Hougang you know whom the people of other constituencies want you to vote. Thank you for sacrificing for the majority of Singaporeans.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
I understand why you want Desmond Choo to lose the by-election. You must be one of those who do not live in Hougang.

I gather these are the main reasons why people who don't live in Hougang want the WP to win the election:

1. WP wins the election means one less constituency for the government to spend on. So more money can be channelled for whatever community projects to other constituencies - including the one you live it.

2. WP wins means fewer estate enhancement like lift-upgrading, cycling tracks or parks or MRT and LRT stations. Condos and HDB flats will not command high prices - therefore making them more affordable for other outsiders to buy.

3. WP wins means more varied voices can be heard in parliament and government under pressure becomes more generous - more flats being built, more places for children in schools, more subsidies, more and better services from government. Residents from from other constituencies will gain.

4. WP wins means more voices for the people - but not in my backyard please. It's a "win-win situation" for them - no matter how cliche the phrase may be.

5. WP wins means we can see more drama entertainment on TV - more or better than those Mediacorp drama serials. Eventually the newbie MPs got thumb down - but we oustiders got entertained without having to pay the price.

6. WP wins means more rebates or goodies for everybody - including residents of Hougang lah - there are still some 35% PAP supporters there. Voting is secret, so government can't discriminate WP voters from other voters

So smart voters of Hougang you know whom the people of other constituencies want you to vote. Thank you for sacrificing for the majority of Singaporeans.

Today OT ah? :biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Why are you ignoring the possibility that this may be the beginning of a trend. People are just fed up with the PAP:eek:
Since the GE we have seen the same PAP business as usual policy. I bet many who voted for the PAP regret doing so:wink:

RandomMonkey

Alfrescian
Loyal
It will be next to impossible for Desmond Choo to lose his deposit.

I believe PAP might have some dirty tricks up their sleeves. The Poh Lee Guan incident, the Sajeev incident, these were timed too coincidentally and were obviously calculated to cause damage to WP.

It would not be surprising if one or both of these ex-WP members decides to do an expose of some dirty laundry within the WP, say one or two days before polling?
Obviously it might be craftily engineered by PAP but the ordinary voters will be none the wiser.

I am expecting WP to win at most 57% of the votes, with an outside chance (25%) of PAP winning, depending on what tricks they might pull.