• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The telegram is charged based on words....

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the old days, the price is the same for the first 10 words.

If the word is 10 letters or less, it is considered one word. More than that, it is counted as 2 words, something like that.

Besides, battleship and steamboat is the same - ONE WORD

So, where is the saving?

PS: Back in the 1950s, there is, to my knowledge, only Hainanese-styled steamboat, brought here by the immigrants.

ByTheWay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Try hacking into their secret chat. If u or anyone can hack into it. I will give it up for another.

By the way Telegram is my clone many moons ago. Cheers

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the telegraph operator in east jiu hu considered "steamboat" as two words. steam boat.

C'mon lah, my dad's office has a telex machine and I've used it many times myself before. The way the words are written is up to you. Telex is the same as telegram, right? :o

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

If the word is 10 letters or less, it is considered one word. More than that, it is counted as 2 words, something like that.

So, where is the saving?

PS: Back in the 1950s, there is, to my knowledge, only Hainanese-styled steamboat, brought here by the immigrants.

Battleship - 10 characters
Steamboat - 9 characters

Old Fart wanted to squeeze in one extra character for the same price. This is beyond extreme in terms of being calculative

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dead old bastard was referring to himself as a battleship. Pinky just wanted to test out how trusting sinkies are to him even when he spurred bullshit. Proven sinkies are dumb farts who deserve to be screwed.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He was stingy: the code was ... - . .- -- -... --- .- - but the incompetent clerk @ L&L, did not serve in the army....so, he called Naval base, looking for a battle ship ha ha ha ha

The secret code was, -.. .- .-. .-.. .. -. --. / .. / .- -- / -.-. --- -- .. -. --. / .... --- -- . / .--. .-. . .--. .- .-. . / .- / ... - . .- -- / -... .- - .... nowadays SAF don't teach this anymore?:biggrin:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
C'mon lah, my dad's office has a telex machine and I've used it many times myself before. The way the words are written is up to you. Telex is the same as telegram, right? :o

they are different. telex transmits text directly on telex machines while telegraph transmits messages using dots and dashes with on and off signals. telegram is the messaging product that uses the telegraph system.

http://www.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_difference_between_a_telex_and_a_telegram

Alfrescian
Loyal
very obvious that it is a code....no point guessing the meaning. He says its steamboat coz that's what was told to him then, he couldn't have been more than 10 years old.

LHL needs to grieve in his own way and find closure on LKY's passing, ...just leave him be

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... office has a telex machine and I've used it many times myself before. Telex is the same as telegram, right? :o
Telex, though a rarity these days, was common business communication a couple of decades ago just before telefax. Telex used to have this memory paper strip (if you needed replay) :p. And you used NCR paper for copies.

Also used to be wary of bank telex confirmation (think you needed to verify with some test code!).

Isn't telegram diff with use of morse code (from old war movies :o)? And delivered from some post office?

http://www.ehow.com/info_8636397_differences-between-telex-telegrams.html

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He was stingy: the code was ... - . .- -- -... --- .- - but the incompetent clerk @ L&L, did not serve in the army....so, he called Naval base, looking for a battle ship ha ha ha ha

The secret code was, -.. .- .-. .-.. .. -. --. / .. / .- -- / -.-. --- -- .. -. --. / .... --- -- . / .--. .-. . .--. .- .-. . / .- / ... - . .- -- / -... .- - .... nowadays SAF don't teach this anymore?:biggrin:

-.. .- .-. .-.. .. -. --. / .. / .- -- / -.-. --- -- .. -. --. / .... --- -- . / .--. .-. . .--. .- .-. . / .- / ... - . .- -- / -... .- - ....

simi mooose code is this ah?

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Telex, though a rarity these days, was common business communication a couple of decades ago just before telefax. Telex used to have this memory paper strip (if you needed replay) :p. And you used NCR paper for copies.

Also used to be wary of bank telex confirmation (think you needed to verify with some test code!).

Isn't telegram diff with use of morse code (from old war movies :o)? And delivered from some post office?

http://www.ehow.com/info_8636397_differences-between-telex-telegrams.html

Think telegram is the same as telex lah.......

This type of machine........

inside_main.jpg

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So how does it charge? Per word isn't it?

The morse code machine to send the message across is decoded on the recipient end into words......so it makes no diff, like a telex machine, which is decentralized and connecting from one office to another office with the telex machines, no need to go to a telco.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
telegram charges per word. the most optimum message is "go fuck spider." the most succinct: "eat, shit, die." works all the time. :p

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
telegram charges per word. the most optimum message is "go fuck spider." the most succinct: "eat, shit, die." works all the time. :p

Yeah, I just told some stoopig irritating pussy here to Go fuck spiders.........@ the DPRK vs Singapore thread! Lol.

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal

So, where is the saving?

ok . its base on word. but but just how much is the costs ?

it will be billed to client's account or lee & lee expenese account

or personal expeneses account ?

just how much was it ?

fa726b90-dc29-11e4-821f-b7380fa07382_10409011_889924044403636_3945697945865378871_n.jpg