• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Team of Hope!

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guess how many times a baby drops before he walks !...if all babies are defeatist ; humanity would still be sitting or even dead. Hope breeds more hope.

But those are not babies. They are adults...

Look, isn't it a a fact, that this GE field, its tilted, strong favor the PAP?? So why go into the GE and make the PAP look good? Just one GRC and two seats, still looks pretty bad on the Opposition.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
The real war is not on the GE field. The real war is with the mindset of the Sporeans. Some of the Oppositions they are PAPist themselves, their mindset, its just they didn't realize it.

I said this before in this forum and I am gonna say it again.It took a world war to unseat Hitler.If the armed forces & the church did not get it act togather Marcos would still be sitting pretty --no thanks to Uncle Sam(not you sam):smile:.

Its not easy to unseat a power sitting pretty for half a century---

Lee Hsien Tau

Alfrescian
Loyal
If it was JBJ's intention to join up with Chiam, he would have done it when he left WP.

Instead he was more leaning toward SDP than Chiam. Why, I ask you?

Because they would just be a marriage of convenience that wouldn't have worked. Because Chiam won't leave his comfort zone.

Because Chiam wouldn't leave his turf unless he was sure he wouldn't be able to keep it.

This gamble of Chiam is a loser's gamble. Same goes for Kenny.:biggrin::rolleyes:

I heard that the Chinese evening papers Wanbao has reported about Chiam ST and Kenneth JB are joining up to form a team to contest in next GE!

That would be a Team of Hope! Finally we see some possibility of breaking PAP's last fortress...the GRC!

Goh Meng Seng

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
I said this before in this forum and I am gonna say it again.It took a world war to unseat Hitler.If the armed forces & the church did not get it act togather Marcos would still be sitting pretty --no thanks to Uncle Sam(not you sam):smile:.

Its not easy to unseat a power sitting pretty for half a century---

Agree. So what are we doing now? Talking about ONE GRC. How to unseat the PAP? Are we interested in doing that? And how long do we want it to be? 70 years time frame?

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree. So what are we doing now? Talking about ONE GRC. How to unseat the PAP? Are we interested in doing that? And how long do we want it to be? 70 years time frame?

I already have answered that in my past posts.Simply speaking we need a Christ who will hang for us..:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
I am simply saying the onus and the burden is not entirely on the masses alone.

If you have a better suggestion or a bright idea.Please speak your mind.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
I already have answered that in my past posts.Simply speaking we need a Christ who will hang for us..:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Winning ONE GRC, thats not the issue. Thats what I am saying.

Lee Hsien Tau

Alfrescian
Loyal
You see how

Nehru Gandhi

Kim Dae Jung

Corazon Aquino

Nelson Mandela

etc

Do you see any of them do it from the sofa of their living room?

No. They have to visit their respective Changi Resorts. Only way for the masses to mobilize.

Problem with Sinkies is they want but, dun want to support their heroes.

And heroes die young.

Tiu Kwang Yew

Alfrescian
Loyal
the interesting story is about making the old heart beats irregularly fast and then stop forever---this is the fun point.

every dog is trying to impress the master, if the master collapses, the dogs will find no meaning of impressing anyone, they have also forgotten how to serve the people after years of porlumparing.

the fun is to see the papees fight among themselves when old fart no more.

no wind no wave, a strong team will force the old man wants to fight again when he is already teetering.

its getting interesting, who cares about winning, it 's fun to see the old fuck gravely frustrated and angry and talks nonsense .

SR Nathan

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's so, that's so.

So you see why everybody, me included are making contingency plans.

I will retire to the French Reviera with my millions.:biggrin:

:oIo::oIo::oIo:

the interesting story is about making the old heart beats irregularly fast and then stop forever---this is the fun point.

every dog is trying to impress the master, if the master collapses, the dogs will find no meaning of impressing anyone, they have also forgotten how to serve the people after years of porlumparing.

no wind no wave, a strong team will force the old man wants to fight again when he is already teetering.

its getting interesting, who cares about winning, it 's fun to see the old fuck gravely frustrated and angry and talks nonsense .

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal

Please. Our GE is just a show. A farce.

Kuan Yew will die. One GRC lose to the Opposition will make him die early? Maybe. Make him angry and spew nonsense? Yeah, probably. So?? Thats cheap thrill. That will not unseat the PAP. The bottom line is, those anti PAP are still screwed by the PAP regime. One GRC make no difference.

Last edited:

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Winning ONE GRC, thats not the issue. Thats what I am saying.

Yup ,winning 1 GRC is nothing.Agreed on that.Why,even winning 3 GRC(s) also tantamount to zero.Look no further than Malaysia.Last GE there brought about a perfect political tsunami.The ruling coalition lost their 2/3 majority.Hence cannot fuck around with their constitution suka suka anymore.For the first time in its history,lost 4 states to opposition.And for the first time in history the Chinese centric DAP took control of Penang state.All for what !---UMNO still call the shots.:confused:

So PAP loosing 1 GRC is nothing.PAP may even loose a GRC or even 2 for strategic reasons.If you read between the lines of recent LHL speeches.He is heavily hinting on loosing a couple of GRC's to appease local anger.But it only tantamounts to more hot air in the parliament..Nothing more and nothing less.

But Ah,LKY or LHL is NOT JUST 1 GRC...The father and the son excluding the holy Goh encompass everything in SG politics.Which includes our armed forces,civil service,judiciary and etc etc.They are as omnipresent in SG as the almighty .In short they are the gods of SG.
----Defeat them and you defeat PAP.

Last edited:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
The significance of having PAP losing one or more GRCs is too huge to be underestimated.

The GRC system is designed in such a way to preserve PAP's monopoly of power and it has worked as the last PAP Fortress. The other alternative would be more votes for some (as suggested by LKY before) or just do away with elections and declare monarchy or dictatorship.

The GRC system has made PAP ministers and MPs to have lesser sense of accountability to voters and Singaporeans at large. And the GRC provides the comfort of a sanctuary of power without having to face the voters directly. i.e. many PAP MPs do not need to put up a fight in order to get into parliament. It has become so absurd that many PAP MPs would just pray that opposition parties do not contest in their wards just before nomination day.

For those "unlucky ones" who are being contested, you could sense their unhappiness throughout the process. PAP candidates are becoming "weaklings" under the GRC system and I would not be surprised that many of them would have lost the art of basic political engagement as in political electoral fights.

If you are talking about getting rid of PAP by winning 1 or 2 GRCs, then that is impossible to achieve. But it has to start somewhere. And the fact is that if even the fortress GRC could fall, it would mean that there is no hiding place for those PAP MPs and ministers who keep thinking that they could just ignore public sentiments and voices on the ground. They would have to be more accountable to their electorates.

In another words, all PAP MPs and ministers who taught that they could get away with what they do or say without accountable to Singaporeans would be peeing in their pants if there are indeed 1 or 2 GRCs lost to opposition.

Accountability is what we sort for in a democratic political system. Winning the first GRC from PAP would be the first step in achieving that. If PAP still ignore the will and voices of Singaporeans, it will eventually lose power in subsequent elections. But the most important thing is to deprive them the two third majority straight away during next elections, so that they could not change the electoral rules and constitutions to protect their monopoly of power.

Goh Meng Seng

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I heard that the Chinese evening papers Wanbao has reported about Chiam ST and Kenneth JB are joining up to form a team to contest in next GE!

That would be a Team of Hope! Finally we see some possibility of breaking PAP's last fortress...the GRC!

Anyway, just Chiam S.T. and Kenneth J. two persons do not make a team, much less a team of hope. Let's see the other team members first.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Anyway, just Chiam S.T. and Kenneth J. two persons do not make a team, much less a team of hope. Let's see the other team members first.

If Mr. Tan Kin Lian is in the team, it will become a dream team liao! :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

Maverick01

Alfrescian
Loyal
Prasident sir,
But in France, you might have to settle for croissant and not your favourite prata...can you adapt to that??????

That's so, that's so.

So you see why everybody, me included are making contingency plans.

I will retire to the French Reviera with my millions.:biggrin:

:oIo::oIo::oIo:

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
It depend what does the Opposition camp want to achieve. To send a message to the PAP that the GRC is not a safe fortress for the PAP? Yeah. Maybe it will shake them PAP a little. So, this GE is just a send a message exercise? Thats the aspiration of the Opposition camp??

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
It depend what does the Opposition camp want to achieve. To send a message to the PAP that the GRC is not a safe fortress for the PAP? Yeah. Maybe it will shake them PAP a little. So, this GE is just a send a message exercise? Thats the aspiration of the Opposition camp??

Look on the bright realistic side, opposition is not ready to take over as the government just yet. But to extract accountability from the present ruling party would be a great start to begin.

I always look at Democratic progress in a more dynamic ways instead of an end itself. Ideally, every political party will want to be ruling parties but there could only be one ruling party or coalition. There will always be an "opposition" in parliament. The problem we have now is, we lack opposition members in parliament. So, solve the problems one at the time lah!

Goh Meng Seng

U

UpYoz_olo

More like Team on Dope!!!! Don't waste time dreaming lah. Unless BG Lee tacitly endorse a 'showcase' GRC opposition, maybe when Christ comes back then can have true GRC opposition lah.

:oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal

<style></style>You tok as if SG is on a matured democratic platform.Like Labor vs. Conservatives in UK or Democrats vs. Republican in USA.Pleeez lah.It is the People vs. PAP in SG.Therefore winning or loosing a GRC is not playing politics.Its a question of life & death for the masses.